News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

Damn! Thanks so much for setting me straight schedule wise! It's cool that PG and postjack will be around to offer good advice, but I'll definitely miss all you 2nd weekenders :/
We'll remedy this next year.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

gah

Quote from: aphineday on April 20, 2012, 01:52:43 PM
Damn! Thanks so much for setting me straight schedule wise! It's cool that PG and postjack will be around to offer good advice, but I'll definitely miss all you 2nd weekenders :/
We'll remedy this next year.

Tens of thousands of people, and tens of thousands of ways to do fest. There's no wrong way. You're going to have an amazing time no matter what you do.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 20, 2012, 01:52:18 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 20, 2012, 01:42:11 PM
The harder decision for me is the Carolina Chocolate Drops, whom I have never seen live, vs. Midnight Disturbers. That's tough.

Disturbers.

Carolina Chocolate Drops tour around, so even if you miss this, you can catch them later.

I've been trying to seem em for like 3 years now. What sucks is they're playing in Austin tonight with Willie Nelson and bunch of others for this Johnny Cash tribute but tix are $130 for standing room only - seats started at $150 and went up from there. It's gonna be an amazing show, but I can't justify that shit.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

aphineday

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 20, 2012, 02:14:37 PM
The harder decision for me is the Carolina Chocolate Drops, whom I have never seen live, vs. Midnight Disturbers. That's tough.

Disturbers.

Carolina Chocolate Drops tour around, so even if you miss this, you can catch them later.

I've been trying to seem em for like 3 years now. What sucks is they're playing in Austin tonight with Willie Nelson and bunch of others for this Johnny Cash tribute but tix are $130 for standing room only - seats started at $150 and went up from there. It's gonna be an amazing show, but I can't justify that shit.
I paid about that much to see Bob Dylan and Merle Haggard play a benefit show in Des Moines about 6 years ago. Pricey, but the money was going to a great writer for the Des Moines Register who was dying of cancer. That was the only way I could justify it.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 20, 2012, 02:14:37 PM

Disturbers.

:-o

HELL NO!

gah

gah

Anyone listening to wwoz right now? This african soul stuff is sick! Some band that's going to be playing this weekend.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 23, 2012, 04:17:02 PM
Anyone listening to wwoz right now? This african soul stuff is sick! Some band that's going to be playing this weekend.

crap - on a call, can't listen.

aphineday

Got a band name?!?

gah

Quote from: aphineday on April 23, 2012, 04:41:24 PM

Got a band name?!?

Nah. Couldn't hang on til the break again. But this afternoon they've been doing a lot of the tunes from groups that were going to be playing 1st weekend, it's always a great preview.

Can't wait til Friday, even though I won't be there, wwoz streams sets from different stages...

:crazy:

PIE-GUY

I leave thursday - already logged my PTO days in the system!!! It's all happening!  :crazy:

postjack

there is a slick radio feature in the Jazzfest iPhone app if you have it.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

gah

Sometimes I start dancing in my sleep, dreaming I'm there, and something very similar to this happens when I wake up.

gah

Quote from: postjack on April 23, 2012, 05:13:55 PM
there is a slick radio feature in the Jazzfest iPhone app if you have it.

iphone? apps? my phone barely lets me make phone calls.  :-(

(gah is old school)

PIE-GUY