News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

One day down. Six to go.

Seun Kuti. Beach Boys. Pinstripe Brass Band. Cochon. Cracklins. White chocolate bread pudding. Creole stuffed bread. Mango freeze. Banquet beer. Sweet tea. I had it all. Perfect day.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

barnesy305

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 27, 2012, 08:47:32 PM
One day down. Six to go.

Seun Kuti. Beach Boys. Pinstripe Brass Band. Cochon. Cracklins. White chocolate bread pudding. Creole stuffed bread. Mango freeze. Banquet beer. Sweet tea. I had it all. Perfect day.

Goddamn that sounds like a good day!

aphineday

Seun Kuti blew my damn mind. At the Mickey Hart Band late night show now at Tips FQ
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

PIE-GUY

Fucking craps tables were brutal on me tonight. Still,had a great night. Meet me over in the dizzunk thread.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 28, 2012, 03:12:34 AM
Fucking craps tables were brutal on me tonight. Still,had a great night. Meet me over in the dizzunk thread.

Ehhh, yeah, I'll be avoiding Harrahs at all costs!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

aphineday

Believe it or not, The Mickey Hart Band destroyed last night! Lots of fun, Postjack joined the party as well. Franklin's, Going' Down The Road, Scarlet/Fire, Bertha amongst others.

John Cleary was awesome today, waiting on Voice Of The Wetlands Allstars now.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

PIE-GUY

Day 2 a resounding success. Creole Wild West Mardi Gras Indians. Shamar Allen. Midnight Disturbers!!!  Soul Rebels. Tom petty. Oyster patty, crawfish sack, crawfish begneit combo.  Another cochon. And some Indian fry bread to cap things off.

PIE-GUY

One distressing thing.  Fess Head has been missing. Haven't seen him once. Hope everything's alright.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 28, 2012, 08:05:59 PM
Day 2 a resounding success. Creole Wild West Mardi Gras Indians. Shamar Allen. Midnight Disturbers!!!  Soul Rebels. Tom petty. Oyster patty, crawfish sack, crawfish begneit combo.  Another cochon. And some Indian fry bread to cap things off.

:clap:

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 28, 2012, 08:22:26 PM
One distressing thing.  Fess Head has been missing. Haven't seen him once. Hope everything's alright.

On someone's flagpole? You ever see the headless hornman dancing, that's a threadhead, hung with him and his wife quite a bit at bear creek. Had a propane heater set up about halfway up the pole that was PERFECT for dancing under in the cold.

PIE-GUY

This Fess Head.

I've never gone a day without spotting him... All the way back to my first fest in the early 90's. He hasn't been out there this weekend. I'm concerned.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 28, 2012, 09:25:21 PM
This Fess Head.

I've never gone a day without spotting him... All the way back to my first fest in the early 90's. He hasn't been out there this weekend. I'm concerned.

Ah yes! That IS weird. Maybe he's only able to do 2nd weekend this year? Hopefully nothings wrong.

Anyhow, I usually wait til like 1 or 2am the night before fest to start packing, so I can sleep on the flight, but I'm so excited this year, I'm starting this afternoon.

Also, the weather for 2nd weekend looks, goddamn fantastic, possibly even a little rain for Thursday!

Thur 82/71 isolated t-storms
Fri 82/71 partly cloudy
Sat 87/70 partly cloudy
Sun 87/71 sunny

PIE-GUY

GBA tribute to Michael Jackson at Tips last night was intense. I love it when set break starts around 4:30am.

PIE-GUY

With abut 2 hours of sleep, today was a slow day. Acura stage was packed to the gills from the start. I parked it there with my buddy's parents and waited for Bruce. Of course waiting for bruce meant seeing trombone shorty and dr. John.

I know people have mixed feeling about the boss around here, but I gotta say, it was a really great show. 50,000 people moving as one in that space. There is really nothing better. Nothing.

For food... Begneit's and iced cafe au lait. Crawfish streudel. Natchedoches meat pie. Creole stuffed bread. Then a huge roast beef poboy once we got out of there.

I have a 6am flight tomorrow. Gonna suck donkey balls.

Caravan2001

Thanks for all the updates PG, sounds like you're doing it up in style!  Yes a 6AM flight will suck, but that's the way I do it too....blast out as fast as you can, sleep on the plane.