News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 02, 2012, 02:26:14 PM
The good Doctors (John and Funkenstein).

That shit is epic! How did the camera capture that much awesome without breaking?  :-o

Was that from something recent, or just a random photo you found?

Also, as for pimpin' suits, Allen Toussaint and Dr. John both kick ass.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 02, 2012, 02:55:01 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 02, 2012, 02:26:14 PM
The good Doctors (John and Funkenstein).

That shit is epic! How did the camera capture that much awesome without breaking?  :-o

Was that from something recent, or just a random photo you found?

It was posted on the Tip's facebook page... it's from some music fest this past wknd.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

GPJ in a message to a promoter the other day before he tore it up in NYC

QuoteI am going to take the stage at 11pm and will burn it down till I have nothing else to give. That is my word. And I will stand be it so if you are not here to night you are going to miss me at my best. tired and still funky.

"may your groove be phat"

porter, jr.

gah

PIE-GUY

Quote.   Dear friends, in case you do not know, Uncle Lionel Batiste is very sick. He is in hospice & won't be with us for much longer. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He is a beautiful gift to this city. We will all be at a great loss when he leaves this mortal coil...photo courtesy of Marc Pell.     

postjack

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 08, 2012, 11:54:19 AM
Quote.   Dear friends, in case you do not know, Uncle Lionel Batiste is very sick. He is in hospice & won't be with us for much longer. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He is a beautiful gift to this city. We will all be at a great loss when he leaves this mortal coil...photo courtesy of Marc Pell.     

And RIP... :(

I miss new orleans and miss jazzfest.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

PIE-GUY

JPhishman

I woke up the other day parched as hell and babbling to Emily about Rosemint iced tea. Honestly it is probably the most refreshing beverage I've ever had. Has anyone here attempted to replicate it at home?

I found this link saying it is a custom blend of Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea...

http://blog.nola.com/recipes/2007/05/rosemint_tea.html

It says honey is the secret ingredient, but I like the unsweetened best anyway....

I have my doubts it will be that simple, but I'm on my way to the store and determined to find out. Will report back.

and once I get it right, I'll pour some out for Uncle Lionel.

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

aphineday

Quote from: JPhishman on July 09, 2012, 09:42:47 PM
I woke up the other day parched as hell and babbling to Emily about Rosemint iced tea. Honestly it is probably the most refreshing beverage I've ever had. Has anyone here attempted to replicate it at home?

I found this link saying it is a custom blend of Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea...

http://blog.nola.com/recipes/2007/05/rosemint_tea.html

It says honey is the secret ingredient, but I like the unsweetened best anyway....

I have my doubts it will be that simple, but I'm on my way to the store and determined to find out. Will report back.

and once I get it right, I'll pour some out for Uncle Lionel.

Interested to know how this worked out. I also love the unsweetened as well.
Also, RIP.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

JPhishman

Been having NOLA dreams like mad lately. Last week it was the Rosemint epiphany. Also had one about Big Sam at Blue Nile. Last night was not so joyous though, Hurricane Rita.

Clearly, I need to go back.

gah

So last year, when I had the brass pass, it was Sunday and I was on the verge of collapsing and so stepped into the WWOZ tent for some fruit and water and a seat in the shade. Well, I just sat down at this table, totally out of it, and look up and Uncle Lionel's looking at me, and says, boy you don't look so good. And I laughed and was like, nope, not feeling so good, but it's not everyday you sit down at the same table as a legend, how's about a pic, and he said sure. I can't seem to find it, but I know it's posted on here elsewhere. In any case, RIP.

eta: ehre it is

moments before i made the decision it was time to go, sitting in the wwoz tent eating watermelons with the treme brass band, and uncle lionel says, you ain't lookin so hot son

postjack

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

JPhishman

gah

Quote from: JPhishman on July 09, 2012, 09:42:47 PM

Also, I found this hilarious. How'd it turn out?

As for the dreams, yeah, it's in your blood now. Sooooooo, when are we going?  :-D