News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Redskins

Started by antelope19, October 31, 2005, 01:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

There's the ying to my yang. I appreciate the hate!  :clap:

I say shanny get's 2 of the 3 remaining years on his contract to fix things. If they're not on an upward trend in that much time, then replace him. But you really do have to give them a chance to build a team, that I agree with. Patience....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

Broncos released Orton.  He would make for an interesting "upgrade" and would certainly be able to keep the seat warm for whomever we draft in April. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on November 23, 2011, 09:33:11 AM
Broncos released Orton.  He would make for an interesting "upgrade" and would certainly be able to keep the seat warm for whomever we draft in April.

Rumor is that the Bears are interested. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

antelope19

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on November 23, 2011, 09:35:20 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on November 23, 2011, 09:33:11 AM

Rumor is that the Bears are interested.

Yeah, and they'll get their shot too.  I'd be shocked if someone claimed him on waivers and agreed to pay his $7+ million contract.  Oh wait.......no I wouldn't.  It's danny boy. 

anthrax

i'd be up for an orton return to chicago.  he was a cool cat too.  used to hang out with the umphrey's crew.  they'd always give away orton signed nfl merch through the um charities.

antelope19

ZOMG! We won! I forgot what this felt like!

phil

Quote from: antelope19 on November 27, 2011, 07:28:29 PM
ZOMG! We won! I forgot what this felt like!

I have so many complaints about how we played but I'll put them off til tomorrow so we can soak this in
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

GanoPE still fuckin' blows.

/just sayin'

Igbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 28, 2011, 08:42:01 AM

/just sayin'

Truth.

I will offer this up, are we starting to see some semblance of an offense?  *ducks from all the hate being thrown*

phil

Quote from: Igbo on November 28, 2011, 08:45:04 AM

/just sayin'

Truth.

I will offer this up, are we starting to see some semblance of an offense?  *ducks from all the hate being thrown*

offense was much improved, I even thought to myself at one point that moss and gaffney are actually one of the better 1-2 receiver combos in the league.

But fuck Deangelo Hall. Dude talks so much shit and he gets burned deep like it's his job. We're lucky that Seattle didn't capitalize on those opportunities. About once a game he has highlight-reel-worthy plays, the problem is that he goes for them every damn time but doesn't play fundamentally sound at all (none of our DBs were wrapping up yesterday, and there were a couple plays where hall and landry put big hits on guys but didnt wrap up and take them down)
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

antelope19

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty excited about the progress helu is making.

Igbo

Quote from: phil on November 28, 2011, 09:15:21 AM

/just sayin'

Truth.

offense was much improved, I even thought to myself at one point that moss and gaffney are actually one of the better 1-2 receiver combos in the league.

But fuck Deangelo Hall. Dude talks so much shit and he gets burned deep like it's his job. We're lucky that Seattle didn't capitalize on those opportunities. About once a game he has highlight-reel-worthy plays, the problem is that he goes for them every damn time but doesn't play fundamentally sound at all (none of our DBs were wrapping up yesterday, and there were a couple plays where hall and landry put big hits on guys but didnt wrap up and take them down)

I am really fucking tired of week in and week out D-Hall giving up big plays and Laron not tackling. Why the Fuck does D-hall give a receiver so much cushion? And Laron hasnt done shit since his first game this season.

gah

Quote from: Igbo on November 28, 2011, 11:03:48 AM
Quote from: phil on November 28, 2011, 09:15:21 AM

/just sayin'

Truth.

I am really fucking tired of week in and week out D-Hall giving up big plays and Laron not tackling. Why the Fuck does D-hall give a receiver so much cushion? And Laron hasnt done shit since his first game this season.

Agreed completely. These two are supposed to be some of our best players, and they can't even remember the basics of tackling. You can't bump people out of bounds, you can't take chances like that, this is the NFl, wrap those bitches up and take them down son!

Rex...what can you do, dude's a gunslinger, he's gonna launch the deep ball for a jump ball, but he's also going to throw into a double covered Moss for an interception. He's the only reason the game was that close. We got to deal with him for the rest of this season, but he's in no way qualified to be a starting Qb in the nfl.

Quote from: antelope19 on November 28, 2011, 10:31:28 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty excited about the progress helu is making.

Definite highlight. It's good to see him getting the tough yards and fighting.

Another highlight for me, Orakpo and Kerrigan making for a vicious tag team applying pressure all day long.

Low point: Ganogood. Dude has the most misses in the entire league. He's got to go. Sashimi seems to be doing ok for himself, why'd we dump him again? I can't remember.

Anyhow, combined with last weeks close game,a nd this weeks win, I at least feel like they're heading in the right direction. Like lope said to me last night, the seasons been over for weeks, but for me I need to at least see that they haven't phoned it in and are fighting for their jobs next year, and are showing improvement. You can't just say well, we're not going to make the playoffs, so that's that, I'll just collect my checks and take it easy. Although, you could argue that's what d hall and dirty 30 are doing with those weak ass tackles.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

I'm also pretty excited about the emergence of Perry Riley. Dude has been a beast ever since we sent Mcintosh to the bench. Dude has racked up 30+ tackles in the last 3 weeks! 

UncleEbinezer

I'm thankful for the win yesterday.  Suicide watch has been lifted.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D