News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2012 Election Thread

Started by runawayjimbo, January 03, 2012, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

the candidate who endorses coal as the energy of the future is a lost cause.

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 16, 2012, 09:49:38 PM
His constant "I DIDN'T GET MY TURN!!" is really bugging me.

8 year olds dude.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Just a hunch, but I'm having a tough time believing that a twentysomething girl who's concerned about equal pay for women, a woman who blames everything on Bush, and a black dude who voted for Obama in 2008 but isn't as hopeful as he was "in 2012" are undecided voters.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: susep on October 16, 2012, 09:53:20 PM
the candidate who endorses coal as the energy of the future is a lost cause.

Three words: O. Hi. O.

Guyute

This is just painful to watch.

I am not a Romney supporter, but he sounds more like someone who understands what he is talking about.   But of course, this is his wheelhouse.   Debate, identifying weakness, and attacking.

Obama sounds like someone on his heels and angry.  I have never found him to be a good debater, great speech maker, but not a debater.

Yeah, the 2 of them whining about time sounds like a kid wanting a longer term on the swing.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

runawayjimbo

"Gangbangers"

What is Things that should never be said in a presidential debate?

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 16, 2012, 10:03:04 PM
"Gangbangers"

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Guyute

Quote from: antelope19 on October 16, 2012, 10:08:17 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 16, 2012, 10:03:04 PM
"Gangbangers"

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

QFT

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Hicks

Quote from: Guyute on October 16, 2012, 10:02:01 PM
This is just painful to watch.

I am not a Romney supporter, but he sounds more like someone who understands what he is talking about.   But of course, this is his wheelhouse.   Debate, identifying weakness, and attacking.

Obama sounds like someone on his heels and angry.  I have never found him to be a good debater, great speech maker, but not a debater.

Yeah, the 2 of them whining about time sounds like a kid wanting a longer term on the swing.

A dude that refers to capital gains and dividend tax cuts as middle class cuts doesn't understand jack shit.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Both of them now appealing to Candy to make the other bad man stop saying things!!!

It's kind of funny watching Obama bitch about time when you have the CNN counter though.

Overall, Obama has been WAAAY better, and Romney has been much worse. I'm not sure if this is the game changer Obama needed, but it's a start.

They both seem like out of touch assholes to me.

Hicks

Obama is still leading the electoral map and needs a "game changer"?

OK then.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on October 16, 2012, 10:23:19 PM

OK then.

It's all about the momentum, which, coming into today was clearly in Romney's favor.

And the map you speak of changes depending on which poll you look at. No clear consensus. I can draw up a bunch of very plausible paths to a Romney victory.

Guyute

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 16, 2012, 10:20:31 PM
Both of them now appealing to Candy to make the other bad man stop saying things!!!

It's kind of funny watching Obama bitch about time when you have the CNN counter though.

Overall, Obama has been WAAAY better, and Romney has been much worse. I'm not sure if this is the game changer Obama needed, but it's a start.

They both seem like out of touch assholes to me.

Its funny, because I have seen Obama as being horrendous, I mean really bad.  Romney had performed worse than the last debate.  He had some clear openings for the knock out punch and missed.   
Obama needs to get out of this OK and then get back to making speeches and getting air time on that front.  When I hear quotes like "the reason gas prices were so low is because the economy was on the verge of collapse" it is just so nonsensical that I don't know what to make of it.

The next jobs report is most likely the deciding factor.  If favorable and the stock market continues to climb Obama should be fine for the election.  If not it could be the opening Romney needs.

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 16, 2012, 10:25:41 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 16, 2012, 10:23:19 PM

OK then.

It's all about the momentum, which, coming into today was clearly in Romney's favor.

And the map you speak of changes depending on which poll you look at. No clear consensus. I can draw up a bunch of very plausible paths to a Romney victory.

Plausible?   No clear consensus?  That's hardly a commanding lead.