News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2012 Election Thread

Started by runawayjimbo, January 03, 2012, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: Guyute on October 22, 2012, 10:17:24 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 09:56:28 PM
Obama again bragging about "crippling sanctions" on Iran without saying that they are immoral because they don't hurt the plutocrats, only Iranians.

"Crippling sanctions" three times in one answer!!! Drink a handle of Jack.

I've switched over to the Giants smoking the Cardinals and am about to open a bottle of Macallan.   There's my foreign policy bitch, I support Scotland.
best line I've read all night.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :clap:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:15:50 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:11:28 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 10:07:15 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Obama again bragging about "crippling sanctions" on Iran without saying that they are immoral because they don't hurt the plutocrats, only Iranians.

Has anyone thought of another way to try to make a foreign gov't try to do something ti might not want to otherwise do, other than Military Force and/or "Foreign Aid" to an installed Dictator???

Terry

Maybe if they had some cool stuff. If only there was a way to "trade" with them "freely". Hmm...

Or maybe we should stop believing we have the ability to make a foreign gov't do something they don't want to do?

That would be fine and dandy if their gov't was in some way "friendly" towards us, its neighbors, or even its own people.  I'm pretty sure we are trying to do this in an attempt to stave off war.  If not, why not just bomb them (yes, we DO have the ability, in this case) and get it over with??? 

Terry

An aside...  I remember hearing on the radio years ago about how Iran was trying to get Russia to accept payments for commercial nuke tech in Euros rather than Dollars...  This would in effect make the World Oil Market switch from Dollars to Euros...  But the Russians didn't buy it, and the US hated it...  Considering the position of the Euro now, it was probably smart of Russia... 

Do you remember anything like that Jimbo???

Terry

Doesn't ring a bell but it's not surprising: China and Brazil have already started trying to circumvent trading in dollars. I don't think it's ever advisable to try to stop something that's inevitable. Kinda builds up ill will with the people who will be calling the shots in the future.

American exceptionalism, LOL.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

twatts

Quote from: Guyute on October 22, 2012, 10:17:24 PM

I've switched over to the Giants smoking the Cardinals and am about to open a bottle of Macallan.   There's my foreign policy bitch, I support Scotland.

Hell yeah!

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

runawayjimbo

Romney constantly shoots himself in the foot. Why the hell would you voluntarily pivot to auto bailout that he's been made an asshole over time and time again?

emay

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 10:25:32 PM
Romney constantly shoots himself in the foot. Why the hell would you voluntarily pivot to auto bailout that he's been made an asshole over time and time again?

Yeah hes been bright red and sweating all night...actually that might be a spray tan.

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 10:22:27 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:15:50 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:11:28 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 10:07:15 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:03:06 PM

Has anyone thought of another way to try to make a foreign gov't try to do something ti might not want to otherwise do, other than Military Force and/or "Foreign Aid" to an installed Dictator???

Terry

Maybe if they had some cool stuff. If only there was a way to "trade" with them "freely". Hmm...

Or maybe we should stop believing we have the ability to make a foreign gov't do something they don't want to do?

That would be fine and dandy if their gov't was in some way "friendly" towards us, its neighbors, or even its own people.  I'm pretty sure we are trying to do this in an attempt to stave off war.  If not, why not just bomb them (yes, we DO have the ability, in this case) and get it over with??? 

Terry

An aside...  I remember hearing on the radio years ago about how Iran was trying to get Russia to accept payments for commercial nuke tech in Euros rather than Dollars...  This would in effect make the World Oil Market switch from Dollars to Euros...  But the Russians didn't buy it, and the US hated it...  Considering the position of the Euro now, it was probably smart of Russia... 

Do you remember anything like that Jimbo???

Terry

Doesn't ring a bell but it's not surprising: China and Brazil have already started trying to circumvent trading in dollars. I don't think it's ever advisable to try to stop something that's inevitable. Kinda builds up ill will with the people who will be calling the shots in the future.

American exceptionalism, LOL.

Well, I believe in our exceptionalism...  But yeah, there are tons of people out there that take exception to that... 

And yeah, I also believe we've been waging a Quiet Trade War with China for years...  Nixon's visit wasn't a hand-shake, it was a sizing up... 

Did you ever see the short lived series FireFly???  In that everyone spoke a cajun of Chinese and English... 

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

sophist

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/mitt-romney-auto-bailout_n_1974906.html

Total bullshit.  If you google it, every article cited how he wanted to let the auto industry fail with the exception of private sector help.  Fucking soulless liar. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

runawayjimbo

Romney heartily laughs at Obama joke about campaign ads. He really is a fucking dildo.

FWIW, Intrade virtually unchanged at 61% from start of debate.

emay

Obama's closing statement seems pretty solid. Dont think he will get to accomplish what he is saying, but its a good plan.

Romney sounds like a broken record. How is he gonna create 20 mil new jobs?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: sophist on October 22, 2012, 10:30:56 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/mitt-romney-auto-bailout_n_1974906.html

Total bullshit.  If you google it, every article cited how he wanted to let the auto industry fail with the exception of private sector help.  Fucking soulless liar.

Why not read the real thing instead of HuffPo?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html?_r=0

QuoteThe American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk.

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 10:31:05 PM
Romney heartily laughs at Obama joke about campaign ads. He really is a fucking dildo.

So who are you voting for Azrael???

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

twatts

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 22, 2012, 10:33:36 PM
Obama's closing statement seems pretty solid. Dont think he will get to accomplish what he is saying, but its a good plan.

He's going to deport anyone that's not Mormon...  Revenge for Missouri...

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

emay

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:38:14 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 22, 2012, 10:33:36 PM

He's going to deport anyone that's not Mormon...  Revenge for Missouri...

Terry

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

runawayjimbo

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:36:05 PM

Terry

I honestly don't know. I can't vote for Romney. I can't see myself voting for Obama. But since I don't believe the president has nearly the effect on the economy that the candidates (and the public at large) seem to think they do, a Romney foreign policy is scary to me. John Bolton is to me the worst person alive. So the question is do I think Romney would allow himself to be steamrolled by the neocons into pushing us into more wars. And if so, would it be any worse than Obama's nearly identical foreign policy of W? I really don't know.

Obviously most of my beliefs align with Gary Johnson but for the fact he has also said that he had no objection to drone attacks and that he didn't think anyone committed a crime in the financial crisis, which indicates to me that he doesn't really get it. Also, he's way to healthy for a guy his age. I mean, do we really want a president who's climbed the highest mountain in 5 of the 7 continents? I just don't know that I trust anyone in their 50s who's that fit (sls, I'm looking at you :wink:).

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 10:47:37 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:36:05 PM

Terry

I honestly don't know. I can't vote for Romney. I can't see myself voting for Obama. But since I don't believe the president has nearly the effect on the economy that the candidates (and the public at large) seem to think they do, a Romney foreign policy is scary to me. John Bolton is to me the worst person alive. So the question is do I think Romney would allow himself to be steamrolled by the neocons into pushing us into more wars. And if so, would it be any worse than Obama's nearly identical foreign policy of W? I really don't know.

Obviously most of my beliefs align with Gary Johnson but for the fact he has also said that he had no objection to drone attacks and that he didn't think anyone committed a crime in the financial crisis, which indicates to me that he doesn't really get it. Also, he's way to healthy for a guy his age. I mean, do we really want a president who's climbed the highest mountain in 5 of the 7 continents? I just don't know that I trust anyone in their 50s who's that fit (sls, I'm looking at you :wink:).

Nice non-answer...  You should go into politiks...

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will