News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2012 Election Thread

Started by runawayjimbo, January 03, 2012, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

I think I figured out why these debates have helped Romney so much.

His normal speaking voice is actually quite soothing and people who don't know much about the issues respond to that.

Tonight I kind of zoned out and stopped listening to what he was actually saying and just listened to the tone of his voice and I almost started liking him.

Then I remember that he's a fucking douchebag liar, not to mention a Mormon, and all was right with the world again.

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

twatts

Quote from: Hicks on October 22, 2012, 10:50:06 PM
not to mention a Mormon

You'd probably be hard pressed to find a M that calls him Jack...  But IMO Ms are the nicest people around.  They really keep to kill them with kindness.  All the Mormons I know are great people...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Hicks

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:53:43 PM
not to mention a Mormon

You'd probably be hard pressed to find a M that calls him Jack...  But IMO Ms are the nicest people around.  They really keep to kill them with kindness.  All the Mormons I know are great people...

Terry

I work with/for Mormons, some of them are OK, but some of them are truly awful people. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:50:03 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 10:47:37 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 10:36:05 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 10:31:05 PM
Romney heartily laughs at Obama joke about campaign ads. He really is a fucking dildo.

FWIW, Intrade virtually unchanged at 61% from start of debate.

So who are you voting for Azrael???

Terry

I honestly don't know. I can't vote for Romney. I can't see myself voting for Obama. But since I don't believe the president has nearly the effect on the economy that the candidates (and the public at large) seem to think they do, a Romney foreign policy is scary to me. John Bolton is to me the worst person alive. So the question is do I think Romney would allow himself to be steamrolled by the neocons into pushing us into more wars. And if so, would it be any worse than Obama's nearly identical foreign policy of W? I really don't know.

Obviously most of my beliefs align with Gary Johnson but for the fact he has also said that he had no objection to drone attacks and that he didn't think anyone committed a crime in the financial crisis, which indicates to me that he doesn't really get it. Also, he's way to healthy for a guy his age. I mean, do we really want a president who's climbed the highest mountain in 5 of the 7 continents? I just don't know that I trust anyone in their 50s who's that fit (sls, I'm looking at you :wink:).

Nice non-answer...  You should go into politiks...

Terry

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Likely Gary Johnson. Outside chance for Obama. Will not vote for Romney.

Voting against Rep. Alison Schwartz. Not sure about Sen. Bob Casey; if it looks like Romney will win, I'll vote for Casey because a GOP House/Sen/Pres is as scary as 2008-2010; if I think Obama will win, I'll go with GOP candidate.

Just remember, local elections is where it's at.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on October 22, 2012, 10:55:04 PM
not to mention a Mormon

Terry

I work with/for Mormons, some of them are OK, but some of them are truly awful people.

How does that differ from non-Mormons?

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 10:59:52 PM
not to mention a Mormon

Terry

It doesn't, but the whole basis of their religion really does give me the creeps.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on October 22, 2012, 11:04:29 PM
not to mention a Mormon

Terry

It doesn't, but the whole basis of their religion really does give me the creeps.

Is it the magic underwear or the no coffee/swearing schtick? Because for me, all religions believe some crazy shit, but no caffeine? Fuck that, I'm out.

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 11:07:53 PM
not to mention a Mormon

Terry

Is it the magic underwear or the no coffee/swearing schtick? Because for me, all religions believe some crazy shit, but no caffeine? Fuck that, I'm out.

Well besides the fact that they did away with polygamy, I mean if you can institutionalize fucking around you probably should keep doing it, but the whole "black people are cursed" thing is kinda disturbing.

Also no alcohol, isn't there something in bible about Jeebus buying wine at a 7-11 because they were out of water?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on October 22, 2012, 11:20:38 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 11:07:53 PM
not to mention a Mormon

Terry

Well besides the fact that they did away with polygamy, I mean if you can institutionalize fucking around you probably should keep doing it, but the whole "black people are cursed" thing is kinda disturbing.

Also no alcohol, isn't there something in bible about Jeebus buying wine at a 7-11 because they were out of water?

Shit, I forgot about no alcohol. What a bunch of dicks.

No surprises here:

CNN-ORC Post-Debate Poll (RVs/watched debate)

Who won the debate?
Obama: 48%
Romney: 40%

Can Obama handle job of Commander-in-chief?
Yes: 63%
No: 36%

Can Romney handle job of Commander-in-chief?
Yes: 60%
No: 38%

Who seemed to be a stronger leader?
Obama: 51%
Romney: 46%

Who was more likable?
Obama: 48%
Romney: 47%

Who spent more time attacking his opponent?
Obama: 68%
Romney: 21%

Who did debate make you more likely to vote for?
Obama: 24%
Romney: 25%

twatts

Yeah, really...  Mormons blew it at no alcohol...  How do they expect the normal person to join their Unit???  Come on, who doesn't like a beer or 6 every night???

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

runawayjimbo

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 11:52:28 PM
Yeah, really...  Mormons blew it at no alcohol...  How do they expect the normal person to join their Unit???  Come on, who doesn't like a beer or 6 every night???

Terry

You seem much more lucid than you appeared last night. But I guess the night is young for you.  :-P

Also, that didn't take long:
http://horsesandbayonets.tumblr.com/

ETA: this one kinda looks like a mattstick Phish poster

twatts

not to mention a Mormon

Terry

I work with a bunch too.  And they are great people, even if they have magic underwear...  The "leader" of the bunch is a great dood and is a "bishop" in "the temple" (M-Speak for I have a big cock).  He is married to (1) woman, but his "

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 22, 2012, 11:53:30 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 22, 2012, 11:52:28 PM

Terry

You seem much more lucid than you appeared last night. But I guess the night is young for you.  :-P

Lucidity is a matter of clarity...  Maybe I've learned how to stroke you???

Damn I just pissed my pants for drinking too many beers...   :-P

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

phil

U guyz r silly.

Vote for me as a write-in. A vote for phil means mandatory weed for everyone over 15 years of age and jail time as punishment for getting worked up over political b.s.

Yall can come hang with me at the white house, I hear the grub there is nice.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

VDB

Quote from: phil on October 23, 2012, 12:43:17 PM
U guyz r silly.

Vote for me as a write-in. A vote for phil means mandatory weed for everyone over 15 years of age and jail time as punishment for getting worked up over political b.s.

Yall can come hang with me at the white house, I hear the grub there is nice.

Not to mention, the chefs brew beer.
Is this still Wombat?