News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2012 Election Thread

Started by runawayjimbo, January 03, 2012, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Concession coming any min now.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on November 07, 2012, 12:42:48 AM
Cmon Romney, call it a day already.

What are you bitching about, what's it, like 7:30pm out there?

That was one of the most insincere concession speeches I've ever heard.

QuoteMichael Cohen ‏@speechboy71
So glad that I won't have see Mitt Romney pretty much ever again
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

ytowndan

And there it was. 

Officially over.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mopper_smurf

I watched the Romney and Obama speeches with the mopper family while having breakfast.

Some random quotes:

"Is this guy real? He shines like he's made of plastic". (my daughter on Romney)
"Stevie Wonder. Fuck, not again  (my son shortly before Obama hits the stage)
"He got his voice back" (my wife on Obama)
"OMG, that green skirt . It's all the way up to her armpits. Eeeeew! (my daughter on Obama's youngest daughter lack of dress sense)
"That sounds awful. Couldn't they afford a better sound guy? " (my wife on the Springsteen song playing over the Arena's PA).

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

susep

Quote from: mopper_smurf on November 07, 2012, 06:31:44 AM
I watched the Romney and Obama speeches with the mopper family while having breakfast.

Some random quotes:

"Is this guy real? He shines like he's made of plastic". (my daughter on Romney)
"Stevie Wonder. Fuck, not again  (my son shortly before Obama hits the stage)
"He got his voice back" (my wife on Obama)
"OMG, that green skirt . It's all the way up to her armpits. Eeeeew! (my daughter on Obama's youngest daughter lack of dress sense)
"That sounds awful. Couldn't they afford a better sound guy? " (my wife on the Springsteen song playing over the Arena's PA).

:clap:

emay

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

Pretty proud of my home state today for passing same sex marriage
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Undermind

Quote from: antelope19 on November 07, 2012, 12:37:38 PM
Pretty proud of my home state today for passing same sex marriage
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

emay

Undermind

Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Undermind

Undermind

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/07/an-insider-account-of-how-fox-called-ohio-on-el/191220

An Insider Account Of How Fox Called Ohio On Election Night
Rove Fought Decision To Call Ohio For Obama; Fox Decided To "Show Off Megyn Kelly's Legs" While Explaining The Call

Shortly after 11 p.m., Bret Baier went on-camera to read a script written by Fox's Washington managing editor Bill Sammon, based on an analysis by the network's decision desk, announcing Ohio for Obama. "That's the presidency, essentially," Baier said.

Instantly, Fox phones lit up with angry phone calls and e-mails from the Romney campaign, who believed that the call was premature, since tallies in several Republican-leaning Southern counties hadn't been been fully tabulated. "The Romney people were totally screaming that we're totally wrong," one Fox source said. "To various people, they were saying, 'your decision team is wrong.'" According to a Fox insider, Rove had been in contact with the Romney people all night. After the Ohio call, Rove -- whose super-PAC had spent as much as $300 million on the election, to little avail -- took their complaints public, conducting an on-air primer on Ohio's electoral math in disputing the call.

[...]

This time, it was the network divided against itself, and Fox News' top producers held a meeting to adjudicate. The decision desk stood their ground. They knew how momentous the call was. Earlier in the night, according to a source, before making the call, Arnon Mishkin, who heads the decision desk, told Fox brass, "let's remember this is Fox News calling Ohio. This will say something beyond Ohio going for Obama." Fox brass told Mishkin to get the numbers right and ignore the politics: "If we think Ohio has gone Obama, we call Ohio," said a Fox News executive.

With neither side backing down, senior producers had to find a way to split the difference. One idea was for two members of the decision team, Mishkin and Fox's digital politics editor Chris Stirewalt, to go on camera with Megyn Kelly and Bret Baier to squelch the doubts over the call. But then it was decided that Kelly would walk through the office and interview the decision team in the conference room. "This is Fox News," an insider said, "so anytime there's a chance to show off Megyn Kelly's legs they'll go for it."