News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Remembering Shawn...

Started by tet, May 18, 2012, 11:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Play_It_Leo

I always hate hearing shitty news about good people. RIP Shawn.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

guyforget

it feels so selfish to be melodramatic

but i had a really hard day 5/18/12
-AD_

mistercharlie

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 18, 2012, 09:40:38 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 18, 2012, 09:31:38 PM
Here's one of my favorite of Shawns many wonderful shots.

I'd say this one and the dark pick of Mike at the Greek are my two favorites.

I had been pestering him to use that shot in the band series he was working through and selling to us.

I was doing the same thing.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

Its been nice reading through all these posts and seeing how he touched all of us
Its hard to lose such a talented person at such an early age.
RIP Shawn.

Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

I "met" Shawn on the FurthurNET forums probably 10 years ago.

Really met him at some 2.0 shows and several Bonnaroo's through the years.

Hard to believe he's gone, I didn't realize his conditions were life threatening.

nab

I finally got got an internet connection up and running at this cabin I'm staying in only to read this.

RIP Shawn.  Your contribution to this community will be greatly missed.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: guyforget on May 19, 2012, 03:31:08 AM
it feels so selfish to be melodramatic

but i had a really hard day 5/18/12

Yup. 

Its odd, because despite the fact that I've only met some of you once or twice, I mean...  we've spent years on this board together, geeking on Phish.  And thats where the emotional attachment comes from, because of our deep feelings about the band and its music.  And when we engage each other in the discourse of their music and why more people need to realize the magnificence of the 8/10/04 ACDC Bag, we're talking about real shit we feel.  Its just prefaced through this non-engaging platform of the internet, so in a way we really only experience the one-sided nature of our own perspective, but... well I'm not really sure where I was going with this actually. 

Just that everybody here are people I've spent so much time talking to and about Phish and whatnot, that it like...  I don't know, its part of me now. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

I keep going back to when Phish called it quits at the end of 2.0 when Trey made his announcement.

A lot of us had mixed feelings about it given how they had played in Vegas and since it was becoming more and more apparent that Trey had a real problem. 

Not ww though, I remember from his posts on Furthur that you could tell that he was truly devastated and had planned on seeing as many shows as he could for as long as he could. 

So as much fun as it is to bag on 3.0, maybe someone like Shawn can give us a little perspective and we can think about how Phish coming back gave him some joy in his final years. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

danje

Super sad news. Dude's perspective constantly surprised and inspired me.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on May 19, 2012, 01:33:47 PM
I keep going back to when Phish called it quits at the end of 2.0 when Trey made his announcement.

A lot of us had mixed feelings about it given how they had played in Vegas and since it was becoming more and more apparent that Trey had a real problem. 

Not ww though, I remember from his posts on Furthur that you could tell that he was truly devastated and had planned on seeing as many shows as he could for as long as he could. 

So as much fun as it is to bag on 3.0, maybe someone like Shawn can give us a little perspective and we can think about how Phish coming back gave him some joy in his final years.

Top notch post right there.  :clap:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

So true.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

I never had the pleasure of meeting Shawn in person but I did have a couple of great conversations with him through the paug.  He seemed like such a wonderful person, down to earth, and really loved the Pheesh.  His photography work was amazing.  He will truly be missed.

RIP
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

McGrupp

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on May 19, 2012, 01:49:23 PM

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Superfreakie

Quote from: McGrupp on May 19, 2012, 07:57:08 PM

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

postjack

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 19, 2012, 08:44:14 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on May 19, 2012, 07:57:08 PM

RIP Shawn.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::