News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gun Talk Re: have you heard about...?

Started by emay, July 20, 2012, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

QuoteSupermarket employee with AK-47 kills two co-workers and self at Pathmark in Old Bridge, New Jersey

An employee of a Pathmark supermarket in Old Bridge, N.J. returned to work at 4 a.m. with an assault rifle and a handgun and killed two co-workers in an unprovoked attack before killing himself early Friday, officials said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/supermarket-employee-ak-47-kills-co-workers-pathmark-old-bridge-new-jersey-gunman-kills-2-nj-supermarket-article-1.1148744#ixzz258dscu8T

emay

QuoteTwo Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-connecticut-elementary-school-gunman-dead/story?id=17973836#.UMtalKxU31B

This is straight evil.

Portland mall shooting and now this... :shakehead:

UncleEbinezer

Its hard to even put my thoughts into words.  Just insane that people do this.  And to kids?   :frustrated:
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

nab

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on December 14, 2012, 01:06:00 PM
Its hard to even put my thoughts into words.  Just insane that people do this.  And to kids?   :frustrated:

You did better than I could.    :| 

I agree.

PIE-GUY

Ho lee fuck. What the hell is wrong with people. That is the most disturbing thing I can even imagine.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

iamhydroJen

I saw this flash across the TV screen while I was in a meeting.  I am in shock and feel like crying.  How could someone do this to innocent children?  How sick do you have to be to do something like this?  My head and heart hurt for all of the people involved in this disgusting display of human brutality  :cry:
"Years later, I found out they'd signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.  The head of Decca, Dick Rowe, made a canny prediction: 'Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein.'" - George Harrison

Undermind

My stomach is in knots thinking about what the parents were feeling as they were unsure if their kids were dead, hurt, or alive.  I just can't imagine this happening...
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

pcr3

Quote from: Undermind on December 14, 2012, 01:52:16 PM
My stomach is in knots thinking about what the parents were feeling as they were unsure if their kids were dead, hurt, or alive.  I just can't imagine this happening...

Me too, Undermind.  I'm home for the day with my daughter, and I can't seem to shut off the TV.  And I vacillate between fighting back tears and fighting back vomit.  I will never understand this.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

birdman

If those children and teachers were carrying concealed firearms this would have never happened. Thanks Obama and liberals for allowing this tragedy to happen.
Paug FTMFW!

gah

Quote from: birdman on December 14, 2012, 02:13:52 PM
If those children and teachers were carrying concealed firearms this would have never happened. Thanks Obama and liberals for allowing this tragedy to happen.

Well, that's just ridiculous. The kids can get them on the streets. But I agree, the teachers, like pilots, should be taught and allowed to carry concealed weapons while at school.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

DoW

this is too disturbing for words.
I can't even imagien the thought of having a child in that school and not knowing.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

whatapiper

Quote from: DoW on December 14, 2012, 03:10:20 PM
this is too disturbing for words.
I can't even imagien the thought of having a child in that school and not knowing.

Completely devastating, with my son smack in the middle of the targeted age group this resonates all too well with me. I cannot even imagine what these parents and the community are going through. I feel like I can barely Keep my composure as more details come out on the radio.  To make matters worse is the timing of it all.   Not that this would be easier to bear at any other time but it's hard not to think about the excitement all of these kids had about the coming weeks ahead. 
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

susep

I work at a bank, we have security turrets at the entrances, that's what schools will need.  arming teachers w/ guns isn't a solution.
I have a son in pre-K, this event has hit us hard today.  thoughts and condolences to the victims, their families and, the survivors who will be traumatized for years to come.

edit - a big Fuck You to the douche bag reporters interviewing children.