News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gun Talk Re: have you heard about...?

Started by emay, July 20, 2012, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: slslbs on June 14, 2017, 06:06:24 PM
well, if all the Congressmen were armed and shot back at this guy, it wouldn't have happened, right?
:roll:

Insofar as the armed Capitol Police officers put a stop to the mayhem, theoretically, yes, an armed congressperson may have stopped it sooner. Or hit bystanders too. Who knows. That doesn't nullify the larger problem of gun proliferation in general (especially in the hands of lunatics); just answering your question.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

The question was rhetorical because I think this would be a far more dangerous place if everyone walked around with a gun. Lunatics are lunatics and will shoot anyway
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

Quote from: slslbs on June 16, 2017, 07:20:08 AM
The question was rhetorical because I think this would be a far more dangerous place if everyone walked around with a gun. Lunatics are lunatics and will shoot anyway

Right. Who stopped this guy? Trained officers with guns, not bystanders.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 16, 2017, 09:22:57 AM
Quote from: slslbs on June 16, 2017, 07:20:08 AM

Right. Who stopped this guy? Trained officers with guns, not bystanders.

Some people with carry permits actually know what they're doing. Some do not. Some officers do not know what they're doing.

Just making sure we understand the range of possibilities here. (Do not confuse that with equivalency.) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

Fucking asshole with a fucking machine gun taking people out at a fucking music festival from a hotel room perch above them. FUCK YOU!!!

As a guy who has been working 12 hours a day for the last month to make a music festival great for people I say this from the bottom of my heart with all of my soul and everything I have.

FUCK YOU!!!!!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Bobafett

My niece and her husband were there at the concert to celebrate her 30th birthday...thankfully they are ok.

Fuck
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VDB

Such an unfathomable and monstrous act.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Friend of mine I work with is out there for a conference. Just heard back from him. His room is 3 floors above where the shooter was and he was hanging around outside, listening to the concert just 5 minutes before the shooting started. He is ok but they are all in lockdown.

What the fuck?
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mbw

Weird, just yesterday this guy was a responsible gun owner.

House is about to vote on a bill making silencers legal, so that should be good.

sunrisevt

Quote from: mbw on October 02, 2017, 12:05:57 PM

House is about to vote on a bill making silencers legal, so that should be good.

Yeah, we'll be hearing a lot less about the problem.

...I'll show myself out.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

emay

Quote from: mbw on October 02, 2017, 12:05:57 PM

Just brought this up at work and this dude literally made a point to poke his head above his cubicle and say "But those are to dampen the hunting sports rifles, to prevent hearing damage"

What in the actual fuck? I thought it was sarcasm but he was serious. What is wrong with people?