News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Olympics 2012

Started by emay, July 28, 2012, 01:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on August 03, 2012, 02:22:45 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 03, 2012, 02:19:06 PM

Also, the 13 yr old swimmer in me has a huge crush on this one...

Soni does have a great ass...

T

that same 13 yr old boy in me snickers at this one...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Nice placement of that rings tat...

Soni looks a lot like this girl from my old neighborhood growing up... we did swim team together, in fact.

Worst part about swimming is that the girls intentionally pull their suits so tight and squash down their boobies (I assume to make them more streamlined or some nonesense like that). At least Soni always seems to be nipping...
Is this still Wombat?

phil

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on August 03, 2012, 02:08:43 PM
Quote from: phil on August 03, 2012, 02:01:31 PM
Humans, regardless of race, are related to monkeys

Yeah, that logic will really fly when you call the next black guy you see a "porch monkey"...  Let us know how it all turns out!

Terry

I see your point, but that's not something I would do. I simply meant that showing a monkey in an ad shouldn't be seen as offensive, especially coming from someone like NBC that's in the public eye on such a massive scale and has so much to lose from being painted as racist.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

twatts

Quote from: phil on August 03, 2012, 03:01:11 PM

Yeah, that logic will really fly when you call the next black guy you see a "porch monkey"...  Let us know how it all turns out!

Terry

I see your point, but that's not something I would do. I simply meant that showing a monkey in an ad shouldn't be seen as offensive, especially coming from someone like NBC that's in the public eye on such a massive scale and has so much to lose from being painted as racist.

And therefore massive fail on the part of NBC.  Whether or not this is offensive is not the question, obviously it is or there would be no outrage about it... 

Its CFA all over again.  Its stupid and means no harm, but potentially offending part of your customer base is just plain and simple FAIL on a massive scale.

Terry

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

sls.stormyrider

odd to see that comercial at that point in time. obviously no one looked at the big picture when they planned out the show.

if that spot was shown just about any other time last night, I bet no one would have noticed.

I would expect that NBC will apologize tonight for what more than likely is an honest mistake.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

runawayjimbo

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on August 03, 2012, 03:08:37 PM
Quote from: phil on August 03, 2012, 03:01:11 PM

Terry

And therefore massive fail on the part of NBC.  Whether or not this is offensive is not the question, obviously it is or there would be no outrage about it... 

Its CFA all over again.  Its stupid and means no harm, but potentially offending part of your customer base is just plain and simple FAIL on a massive scale.

Terry

Yes, because people only are offended when something is legitimately offensive (see Janet Jackson's boob). Give me a break.

Like sls said, if that commercial had aired at any other point in the broadcast (or, BTW, if a Russian bitch had won the gold medal), nobody would have given a shit. That tells me this is more faux outrage from an increasingly hypersensitive public. YMMV
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sls.stormyrider

wait one minute.

who on this board was offended when Janet J showed her boob?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

runawayjimbo

Quote from: slslbs on August 03, 2012, 03:42:02 PM
wait one minute.

who on this board was offended when Janet J showed her boob?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I was: I blinked and I missed it.

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 03, 2012, 03:40:21 PM

Yes, because people only are offended when something is legitimately offensive (see Janet Jackson's boob). Give me a break.

Like sls said, if that commercial had aired at any other point in the broadcast (or, BTW, if a Russian bitch had won the gold medal), nobody would have given a shit. That tells me this is more faux outrage from an increasingly hypersensitive public. YMMV

So things are only legitimately offensive when you, Week4paug, or NBC says it is and not when someone is actually offended???  Interesting...  Using your logic, being racist isn't actually an issue, its that black people take offense to racism that's the issue???  Or in this case, its not offensive b/c a collection of white people say it isn't???

I agree with the hypersenstivity, and that there is lots of faux outrage about this...  As you said, moving said commercial to any other point in the 4hour broadcast would have made it a non-issue...  But come on now...  NBC had many hours to preview their broadcast, its not like it was "live" like Janet Jackson.

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

runawayjimbo

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on August 03, 2012, 04:01:21 PM

So things are only legitimately offensive when you, Week4paug, or NBC says it is and not when someone is actually offended???  Interesting...  Using your logic, being racist isn't actually an issue, its that black people take offense to racism that's the issue???  Or in this case, its not offensive b/c a collection of white people say it isn't???

I agree with the hypersenstivity, and that there is lots of faux outrage about this...  As you said, moving said commercial to any other point in the 4hour broadcast would have made it a non-issue...  But come on now...  NBC had many hours to preview their broadcast, its not like it was "live" like Janet Jackson.

Terry

No, my point was that the level of outrage is not directly proportional to the seriousness of the offense, which is what your statement implied (or at least how I read it).

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 03, 2012, 04:10:15 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on August 03, 2012, 04:01:21 PM

Terry

No, my point was that the level of outrage is not directly proportional to the seriousness of the offense, which is what your statement implied (or at least how I read it).

OK, but I don't think its up to anyone except the offended to determine the "proportionality" of offense... 

LOL!  Quit trying to claim your burning cross is just there to provide warmth for your pointy-hat friends...   :-P

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

twatts

OK, enough of the piss-and-moan... 

Back to our regularly scheduled program:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/in-pictures-olympic-hotties/1kzgamy

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

tet

Terry

it's ok, they're taking it back...

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

US women's soccer pulled off a huge win over our neighbors to the north over the weekend and we've got an All-US women's beach volleyball final!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

PIE-GUY

Quote from: antelope19 on August 07, 2012, 10:37:09 PM
US women's soccer pulled off a huge win in soccer over our neighbors to the north over the weekend and we've got an All-US women's beach volleyball final!

Our women rock... The women's water polo team advanced to the final in overtime today, too. Tough match against rival Australia today. Fuck yeah!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul