News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/22 - Starlight Theatre - Kansas City, MO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, August 23, 2012, 12:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

8/22/12 - Starlight Theatre, Kansas City, MO

Soundcheck: My Soul, Sleep Again, Summer of '89 (3x) Unconfirmed and possibly incomplete.

Set I: Chalkdust Torture, Skin it Back, Moma Dance, Rift, Bathtub Gin, Stash, Ballad of Curtis Loew, Kill Devil Falls, Funky Bitch, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Tweezer, Piper, Mikes's Song, Bouncing Around the Room> Backwards Down the Number Line> Heavy Things, If I Could> Weekapaug Groove, Harry Hood> Suzy Greenburg#

E: Loving Cup> Tweezer Reprise

# Stairway to Heaven tease

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

HammondOrganism

Leaving show now. Highlights for me: Skin it Back, Stash (had some non typical moments), Tweez (had moments of that 2010 spooky/pretty jamming style, with some cool changes. Seemed fairly long) piper (thick, page and mike madness), Weekapaug ( maybe top 5 weekapaug's of 3.0 if that really says alot. Page used crazy effect that he brought out on the SF Light. Very similar to that fall 95 effect that Page used alot.) Thought the second set lost a little focus after Mike's. I didn't drink enough to have 4 Piss Songs. Weekapaug definitely brought the energy back up though. Stairway to Heaven solo in second breakdown of Suzy.   Overall B+ show better than first 2 nights of SF.
Mike rating the Fishman Tune
On a scale from 3 to 4......i give it a 4

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Itsnotanexperience

Anxious to hear the tweezer.  What I heard of the Stash thru the stream was type I meh.   11 minute first set Gins and 7 minute week4paugs are really old.    I agree Loving Cup should be shelved.     Many recurrances of the stuff that makes 3.0 so 3.0 in this show.

sophist

on paper, this one looks like a shit sandwich to me.  And I'm happy about that because it means Oak Mountain or Atlanta won't be getting a greatest hits show. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

khalpin

VDB

Quote from: whatapiper on August 23, 2012, 12:38:09 AM
Set II: Tweezer, Piper, Mikes's Song, Bouncing Around the Room> Backwards Down the Number Line> Heavy Things, If I Could> Weekapaug Groove, Harry Hood> Suzy Greenburg#

Meaty...
Is this still Wombat?

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Thrillhouse

WOW WHAT A FUCKING NIGHT!

The stash is where the money is in this one....tweezer is hot and the entire fucking show rocks.....1st set was just spectacular....

having said that heres the rest of the story.

My cars transmission caugh on fire when i was driving home last night from KC to STL....me and my friend pulled over when smoke and flames were coming out of the car at 3 30 in the middle of nowhere in Missouri....im from this state but god damnit is it horrid around here.
So then its me, and my friend john, 5 hits deep respectively waiting in "Kingdom City" missorui for about 3 hours, waiting for my mom to come pick us up.......I just got home and I am fucking exhausted.  Jenny, it was great meeting you I hope your trip home was better than mine.

im tired and raged out.....bed time

Oh and yes....it was totally worth it.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

RabeldyNugs

meh...

but I am shocked they brought Skin it Back around for another spin, however thats about it from what it looks like, downloaded now so we'll see
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

antelope19

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on August 23, 2012, 09:17:40 AM
WOW WHAT A FUCKING NIGHT!

The stash is where the money is in this one....tweezer is hot and the entire fucking show rocks.....1st set was just spectacular....

having said that heres the rest of the story.

My cars transmission caugh on fire when i was driving home last night from KC to STL....me and my friend pulled over when smoke and flames were coming out of the car at 3 30 in the middle of nowhere in Missouri....im from this state but god damnit is it horrid around here.
So then its me, and my friend john, 5 hits deep respectively waiting in "Kingdom City" missorui for about 3 hours, waiting for my mom to come pick us up.......I just got home and I am fucking exhausted.  Jenny, it was great meeting you I hope your trip home was better than mine.

im tired and raged out.....bed time

Oh and yes....it was totally worth it.

Damn dude. Glad you're ok
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

roggae

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 23, 2012, 08:41:39 AM

Meaty...

I actually think that little segment was awseome and a bit of an inside joke. People hate on these songs but its obvious some of the members really like them.  If you listen to these versions its obvious they were into playing them.  Id rather a 5 min boucin' that they are into rather than a 40 min light that is just jamblanding.
Clearly it's all awful.

Thrillhouse

Quote from: roggae on August 23, 2012, 09:24:36 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 23, 2012, 08:41:39 AM

Meaty...

I actually think that little segment was awseome and a bit of an inside joke. People hate on these songs but its obvious some of the members really like them.  If you listen to these versions its obvious they were into playing them.  Id rather a 5 min boucin' that they are into rather than a 40 min light that is just jamblanding.

They brought it so hard in the first set it was unreal.  They brought back that passion a little bit in the second set but then transitioned into the light songs....and it worked really really well...the crowed loved it and it worked for the venue and the energy going around....they could have rocked faces all night, but they didn't want to do that....they wanted to wow you with page on if I could, and really blow you away with hood.....they did everything they wanted last night, and it went off without a hitch.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...