News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/24 - Oak Mountain Amphitheatre - Pelham, AL - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 25, 2012, 05:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

PHiSH
08/24/2012
Oak Mountain Amphitheatre - Pelham, AL

Soundcheck: My Soul, Beauty Of My Dreams, 20 Years Later, Halfway To The Moon

Set I
Possum, Cities > Sample in a Jar, Timber > Back on the Train, Lawn Boy, Down with Disease, Gumbo, Ginseng Sullivan, The Wedge, Julius, Cavern, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Set II
Rock and Roll* > The Lizards, Halley's Comet > Sand > Twist > Birds of a Feather, Boogie on Reggae Woman > 2001 > Waste > Slave to the Traffic Light

E
Good Times Bad Times

*Live and Let Die teases

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mistercharlie

That setlist could've easily been from 1999. The playing however... (note: just an assumption, as I haven't heard a lick of the show yet.)

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

pcr3

Thankfully I have not seen as much 3.0 as some people  :wtu:

I watched the webcast last night and I think that was the worst show I've ever seen, in person or streamed.  First set completely lacked flow, and it looked like Trey was fighting it.  He could not seem to get into the zone, and as a result, the only word that came to mind after it was perfunctory.  Actually, that's not true.  The words tame and safe came to mind as well, but I think that was after the second set.

I'm sure people in attendance loved it.  Rock and Roll>Lizards was pretty good, though I have not heard the Long Beach RnR to compare it to.  My brother in law is the one who ordered the webcast, and he fell asleep somewhere around Waste.  I was starting to nod off as well.  That just simply should not happen.

One last note-Trey's ripcord gesture at the end of Halley's was probably the best part of the show.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

VDB

Quote from: pcr3 on August 25, 2012, 10:26:06 AM
One last note-Trey's ripcord gesture at the end of Halley's was probably the best part of the show.

As in, he's mocking his critics?
Is this still Wombat?

Itsnotanexperience

It's a shame that they keep offering glimpses of being better than last night but seem to fall backwards hard after giving hope.     At least tonight's setlist should be better.    Of course, they could end up playing something worse.

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

pcr3

Quote from: Undermind on August 25, 2012, 01:19:14 PM
Quote from: whatapiper on August 25, 2012, 11:53:21 AM
Trey really made a ripcord gesture?

Yes, flat hand run across his throat, followed by the immediate Sand Force, which I think brings the Hartford Horse Force back full circle.  I lol'd.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

Uh... this show is exactly what I expect from Phish on a nightly basis (in 2012).

whatapiper

Much hate for this show, hopefully tonight does not follow suit from the last two Saturday shows...
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

emay