News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/26 - Blockbuster/Verizon/whatever - Charlotte, NC - Post-Show Discussion

Started by emay, August 26, 2012, 11:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Set 1 (7:42-9:08): AC/DC Bag, Moma Dance, Heavy Things, Ocelot, Funky Bitch, Bathtub Gin, Fluffhead > Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Tube, My Sweet One, David Bowie

Set 2 (9:37-10:53): C&P > Mcgrupp > Mike's Song > Bouncing Around the Room > Axilla > Tweezer > Harry Hood > The Horse > Silent in the Morning > Weekapaug Groove > Suzy Greenberg*

E (10:55-11:05) : BBFCFM > Tweezer Reprise

rowjimmy

Last BBFCFM encore 4-8-94 Recreation Hall, Penn State University, State College, PA

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 26, 2012, 11:09:32 PM
Last BBFCFM encore 4-8-94 Recreation Hall, Penn State University, State College, PA

Personally speaking, tonight's was the best thing I've heard them play in a while. Stream was tight tonight as well.  :beers:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

GBL

I know there were repeats but considering other shows, this is a great setlist, imo..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Really enjoyed this one.

Good meeting up with GAH and 'lope pre-show.

g'nite
Is this still Wombat?

phil

How was fluffhead/alumni? Sounds like a cool combo. Looking forward to checking this out tomorrow.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

McGrupp

Couldn't have been happier about our last minute decision to go. Left Richmond around 1pm and got to Charlotte around 630.

1st set was weird. I think Trey was having monitor issues because it seemed like he couldn't hear the rest of the band. There were a lot of rough parts in the 1st set, but the Alumni banter was fun and the Bowie was good (for 3.0) but not super atypical.

The second set, I thought, was a lot of fun. No huge jams, but Crosseyed > McGrupp (!!!!!) was nice. I remember the jam in McGrupp being especially tasty. I really enjoyed the Tweezer as well, but there certainly wasn't anything groundbreaking.

Didn't stay for the encore, but heard BBFCM from the lot and it sounded like the place was blowing up.

Anywho, we just got back to Richmond. I have class in 5 hours and I'm pretty sure I'll still be high for that.

:wtu:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

McGrupp

Quote from: phil on August 27, 2012, 03:27:22 AM
How was fluffhead/alumni? Sounds like a cool combo. Looking forward to checking this out tomorrow.

Fluffhead was basically a trainwreck. Trey stopped playing for a good minute and Fish had to sing his part. It was actually kinda funny, but... c'mon Trey.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

phil

Quote from: McGrupp on August 27, 2012, 03:57:51 AM

Fluffhead was basically a trainwreck. Trey stopped playing for a good minute and Fish had to sing his part. It was actually kinda funny, but... c'mon Trey.

Sounds...sweet

::train noises::
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mbw

listened to the tweezer....the band took the jam on a silken journey through skies of gold.

runawayjimbo

Funny like haha funny like Trey's a clown like he amuses you?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

McGrupp

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 27, 2012, 10:17:24 AM

Funny like haha funny like Trey's a clown like he amuses you?

Fish was the funny one. I basically just felt bad for Trey.

VDB

Hmm, I don't recall any awkwardness during Fluffhead.

I did like the Tweezer, looking forward to giving that another listen.

Not a very improv-heavy show but I thought it was solid top to bottom. Probably not the kind of show that'll blow too many minds on tape, but it was a pleasure to attend.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

After listening to the whole show this morning at work, the Mcgrupp and Tweezer are prob the only things I will relisten to from this show.
I guess the BBFCFM > Tweeprise too.

cant wait for denver!