News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Political Pot Thread

Started by Undermind, October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: mbw on March 01, 2013, 01:38:20 PM
i feel like such an old man.... but there is some kid who lives a few doors down who constantly smokes weed and it smells up the entire floor and seeps into my apartment.  i used to love the smell back when i was an asshole just like him, but now when i am trying to watch my stories in peace it really bugs me.  think i am going to write him a stern letter soon.  sorry duder, this ain't your college dorm.

/get off my lawn

PIE-GUY

i feel like such an old man.... but there is some kid who lives a few doors down who constantly smokes weed and it smells up the entire floor and seeps into my apartment.  i used to love the smell back when i was an asshole just like him, but now when i am trying to watch my stories in peace it really bugs me.  think i am going to write him a stern letter soon.  sorry duder, this ain't your college dorm.

/get off my lawn

My buddy changed the name of his wifi network at his house to "FBI Surveillance Van 19" and watched and laughed as the kids next door moved all the plants indoors.... some variation of that may work for you.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: PG on March 01, 2013, 04:39:37 PM

/get off my lawn

My buddy changed the name of his wifi network at his house to "FBI Surveillance Van 19" and watched and laughed as the kids next door moved all the plants indoors.... some variation of that may work for you.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mbw

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on March 01, 2013, 05:36:17 PM

/get off my lawn

i like it.  a letter taped multiple places in the hall will work too.
all i'm asking is don't be a fucking idiot.  open a damn window.

emay

Quote from: mbw on March 01, 2013, 06:48:39 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on March 01, 2013, 05:36:17 PM

/get off my lawn

i like it.  a letter taped multiple places in the hall will work too.
all i'm asking is don't be a fucking idiot.  open a damn window.

but but but but its windy, and cold!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on March 01, 2013, 09:04:09 AM
This one is bothersome.

Quote-- Allow employers to fire employees for off-the-job marijuana use

I thought so at first too, but as bvaz and VDB have pointed out, (a) it's really just establishing that pot smokers are not a protected class that deserves special protection and (b) that's pretty much already the case. Employment is a voluntary contract; your employer can set any restrictions on the conditions of your employment as they see fit just as you are free to either ignore those restrictions (and accept the consequences if caught) or take your labor elsewhere.

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on March 01, 2013, 09:04:09 AM
And this is kind of ridiculous

Quote-- Require marijuana to be sold in child-proof packaging

I believe that is only to make sure that edibles are clearly labeled that they are special cupcakes (don't you watch Wilfred?!?).

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 01, 2013, 09:18:42 AM
Quote-- Create an excise tax of 15 percent paid by marijuana stores at wholesale level
-- Create a special marijuana sales tax paid by consumers

I really hate excise taxes. And "sin taxes" in general. Are revenues from pot taxes going to be used exclusively for pot-related activities, such as enforcement or (joke alert) marijuana-abuse treatment programs?

Iirc, some/most of the revenues is required to go to local schools (after funding regulatory costs). And I hate taxes too.

when i am trying to watch my stories in peace

+k'd
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

emay

I have seen articles on how CO is going to handle the recreational marijuana use, but haven't seen much come from WA in a while.

emay

sophist

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on March 05, 2013, 09:13:10 PM
I have seen articles on how CO is going to handle the recreational marijuana use, but haven't seen much come from WA in a while.
they ran out of rolling paper, so they had to use the only copy of the bill....
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Undermind

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on March 05, 2013, 09:13:10 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/19/3295045/wash-touts-credentials-of-new.html
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

runawayjimbo

Elizabeth Warren *LUVS* the Drug War.

And who's this Dan Warren think he is? I mean, a Senator for full scale legalization? Go back to Portugal, you goddamn stoner.

http://blog.norml.org/2013/03/19/sen-elizabeth-warren-takes-dig-at-pro-legalization-senate-candidate-dan-winslow/

Sen. Elizabeth Warren Takes Dig at Pro-Legalization Senate Candidate Dan Winslow

At a St. Patrick's Day breakfast in South Boston this past weekend, Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Massachusetts) took a jab at pro-legalization Republican State Representative Dan Winslow (R-Norfolk), who is currently vying for the Republican nomination for Senate in Massachusetts's upcoming special election.

Addressing the crowd, Senator Warren said, "I advise everyone to pay very close attention to Dan Winslow's platform. He has a 100 percent ranking from the gun lobby and he's for the legalization of marijuana. He wants us armed and stoned."

According to statements received by VoteSmart, Rep. Dan Winslow's stance on marijuana policy is as follows:

I disfavor decriminalization of marijuana because it increases demand from illicit sources. Instead, I think we need to legalize marijuana (likely starting with medicinal marijuana in view of the current federal prohibition) and then regulate it and tax it. Only by lawful production of marijuana will the cartels, crooks and drug dealers be put out of business in the US. – State Representative Dan Winslow (R-Norfolk)

Representative Winslow is currently engaged in a primary for the GOP nomination, if he were to receive it he would face either Democratic Congressmen Stephen Lynch or Edward Markey in the June 25 special election.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Mr. Natural

I've been wondering how the Liquor Control Board (Washington) is going to decide what 'legal' looks like, compared with what the Department of Revenue (Colorado) envisions. DudeSittingOnTheRight (David Beibenstock, West Coast editor of High Times) talks about creating 2nd-class citizens - who don't have the rights to adopt, work, get business loans from banks, etc. that non-marijuana users would have.
It seems to me like Washington had taken on DUI-responsibility with the whole 5-nannograms thing; and Colorado has (currently) ceded the employer's "right to terminate." DudeSittingOnTheLeft (Harris Kenny, policy analyst from the Colorado Task Force) points out that no police department wants to get into administering roadside blood-tests.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

Mr. Natural

Quote from: Undermind on March 21, 2013, 06:51:35 PM
Our congresswoman rocks!  No chance this bill passes but baby steps are important
http://www.pressherald.com/news/Pingree-Legalize-marijuana-nationwide.html?pageType=mobile&id=1

I think just having so many state-size pieces of legislation at the same time (Oregon is taking another stab at it, too, early next month - http://www.kptv.com/story/21674993/lawmakers-consider-bill-to-legalize-marijuana-in-oregon)   is good reason for optimism. More people are talking sensibly.  :clap:
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit