News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Political Pot Thread

Started by Undermind, October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Mr. Natural

Sanjay Gupta's public cannabis apology (in the form of his new hour-long CNN special "Weed") is on right now. Damn Xfinity doesn't carry it.  :x
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

emay

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 29, 2013, 02:46:54 PM
Holder says feds won't interfere with legalization in WA, CO.

Good news for good sense.

I'm confused: I thought the DoJ had no choice but to enforce federal law?  :wink:

Seems more like a caution flag than a slam dunk for legalization proponents. There's a good deal still at the discretion of the DoJ (how do you define whether or not "state enforcement efforts are not sufficiently robust"). But I guess it's better than could have been expected given the administration's previous hardline stance on the issue.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Mr. Natural

One part hopeful, one part relieved, one part I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it.
I'm glad we're getting in gear and moving forward, but I remember hearing the same thing about medical marijuana, which definitely continued getting fucked over by feds (i.e. prohibition from banks and armored-car services).
Stating a federal position on record is still pretty awesome.

emay

Quote from: Mr. Natural on August 29, 2013, 07:15:40 PM

I'm glad we're getting in gear and moving forward, but I remember hearing the same thing about medical marijuana, which definitely continued getting fucked over by feds (i.e. prohibition from banks and armored-car services).

yeah true, this is good evidence to bring up if any of the feds try to bust up a legal dispensary center.
but that still wont stop DEA and the feds from busting a lot of illegal dispensaries that grow a ton to also sell out of state. A lot of times I feel like when dispensaries get busted they put on this oh were legal innocent operating under state law when if that was all true, they wouldnt have DEA bustin down their door. They must have had an investigation and seen either more herb being produced that they were sellin in the store or more money coming in than what they were making.

Hicks

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 30, 2013, 01:09:48 PM

yeah true, this is good evidence to bring up if any of the feds try to bust up a legal dispensary center.
but that still wont stop DEA and the feds from busting a lot of illegal dispensaries that grow a ton to also sell out of state. A lot of times I feel like when dispensaries get busted they put on this oh were legal innocent operating under state law when if that was all true, they wouldnt have DEA bustin down their door. They must have had an investigation and seen either more herb being produced that they were sellin in the store or more money coming in than what they were making.

Also, when the Feds come in gun charges are frequently involved, making said dispensary even less innocent. 

Also, also looks like Jimbo just lost one of his anti-Obama talking points, which is the real win here.    :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on August 30, 2013, 01:34:37 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 30, 2013, 01:09:48 PM

Also, when the Feds come in gun charges are frequently involved, making said dispensary even less innocent. 

Also, also looks like Jimbo just lost one of his anti-Obama talking points, which is the real win here.    :wink:

You're not even gonna wait to see how this shakes out? Just going to take this proclamation at face value and chalk it up as a win (completely ignoring 4.5 yrs of draconian drug enforcement policy and a maddeningly pathetic clemency record)?

Like I said, this is a step in the right direction, but I think I'll wait to see how this is implemented before I absolve Obama of his past sins. YMMV
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Mr. Natural

Interesting point about the gun charges. Since it is illegal for dispensaries & patients to own/possess firearms & ammunition; and they are denied banking, credit card, and armored car service, they are forced to handle & transport large amounts of cash without any protection.
This puts them in a very dangerous position. :shakehead: 

VDB

Wait - are you saying medical marijuana patients are not allowed to own firearms or ammunition?
Is this still Wombat?