News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Political Pot Thread

Started by Undermind, October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Mr. Natural

We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

barnesy305

Quote from: birdman on February 02, 2014, 09:00:57 AM
They gave a company a permit to open a dispensary in my home town. :smoke:

Also Im thinking of investing some money is some of these public MM companies. Might as well jump in on the ground floor. Anyone have any insider info I could use? Don't make me do my own leg work.
These two companies are on my radar:Advanced Cannabis Solution (CANN) and Growlife(PHOT).

Hey BM, this popped up on Yahoo. Some interesting points.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/cody/2014/02/13/you-have-to-be-a-dope-to-buy-marijuana-stock/

PIE-GUY

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/colorados-legal-pot-market-far-exceeds-tax-revenue-expectations

QuoteColorado's Legal Pot Market Far Exceeds Tax Revenue Expectations!
Tax proceeds from pot sales of $98M have crushed the $70M initial estimation given to voters.

by Jodie Gummow

Colorado's legal marijuana market has led to higher tax-revenue than was previously expected, according to a budget proposal released by Gov. John Hickenlooper on Wednesday, AP reported.

With retail sales in Colorado remaining strong since beginning on the January 1, the governor has predicted sales and excise taxes next fiscal year would produce $98 million.  This far exceeds the $70 million annual estimate given to and approved by voters last year.

The proposal which gives the first official estimate of just how much the state expects to make from taxes, outlines plans to spend the funds next fiscal year on substance abuse prevention, youth marijuana use prevention and other priorities.

"This package represents a strong yet cautious first step" for regulating pot, the governor said in his proposal.

The $98 million would include the sale of both recreational pot which is taxed statewide at 12.9 percent and medical marijuana taxed at 2.9 percent.  Total pot sales in Colorado for next fiscal year were estimated at approximately $610 million.

Meanwhile, Washington has also released a predicted budget forecast even though sales don't begin in the state for a few more months. 

No doubt other states considering the legalization of recreational marijuana will be watching the Colorado model closely to see just how much tax revenue can be generated, with the latest figures indicating a high prospect of significant monetary return.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

justjezmund

PA is really pushing for it I hope these numbers really open some eyes.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

VDB

Freedom and liberty sure start to look more attractive when there's CASH MONEY to be made off it!
Is this still Wombat?

VA $l!m

Also Im thinking of investing some money is some of these public MM companies. Might as well jump in on the ground floor. Anyone have any insider info I could use? Don't make me do my own leg work.
These two companies are on my radar:Advanced Cannabis Solution (CANN) and Growlife(PHOT).

do it.
i've been pushing everyone i know that is able to get in...like yesterday.
basically once i saw CEOs bailing on silicon valley giants to put everything they had into the biz.
if i had any means at all i would throw it all down right now, or possibly even just grab a job in the industry at any level right now to get your foot in the door.
good luck.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VA $l!m

anyone post that shit about the girl scout sellin cookies in front of the dispensary in Ca?
frikkin lead story on cnn today.

anthrax

Quote from: PG on February 22, 2014, 05:26:59 PM
Quote from: Undermind on February 22, 2014, 03:45:54 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/20/colorados-pot-tax-revenue-much-higher-than-expected/#ixzz2u5MAJzop

2 posts up, dude. 2 posts up.

this is exactly what illinois needs!  then maybe the state can start chipping away at the $41 billion it owes to the teacher's retirement.  jerks.

VA $l!m

birdman

Quote from: barnesy305 on February 15, 2014, 11:21:11 AM

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/cody/2014/02/13/you-have-to-be-a-dope-to-buy-marijuana-stock/

So if I had invested $10000 in these two companies on Feb 2 when i posted this It would now be worth $22600 (126% in a month).
Fuck!

Paug FTMFW!

VA $l!m

Quote from: birdman on February 28, 2014, 08:30:40 AM
Quote from: barnesy305 on February 15, 2014, 11:21:11 AM

So if I had invested $10000 in these two companies on Feb 2 when i posted this It would now be worth $22600 (126% in a month).
Fuck!
listen to  the SLimstradomus.

seriously though i think the small point that article made is a good one about actually doing the ground research.
thats sorta the real win-advantage here with most of us knowing more than your average american what is what with the biz.