News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Political Pot Thread

Started by Undermind, October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: birdman on February 25, 2016, 06:11:54 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on February 25, 2016, 04:00:25 PM
BOOM! Another one down.

Quote@RegulateVermont
BREAKING: VT Senate passes marijuana bill 17-12 on third reading. On to the House! #vtpoli

Background from yesterday since it's still developing...

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/politics/2016/02/24/marijuana-legalization-advances-through-vt-senate/80869210/
While this is great news , the decision to not allow growing at home irks me a bit.

Agreed, but let's not lose sight of what's important: Vermont is the 5th state to tell prohibitionists to fuck off. Legalization will never happen in PA until enough states do it and it goes national. And then people like me will owe these brave Patriots a huge debt for helping bring it about.

Forest and trees and shit.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mistercharlie

Quote from: runawayjimbo on February 25, 2016, 08:31:18 PM
BOOM! Another one down.

Quote@RegulateVermont
BREAKING: VT Senate passes marijuana bill 17-12 on third reading. On to the House! #vtpoli

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/politics/2016/02/24/marijuana-legalization-advances-through-vt-senate/80869210/
While this is great news , the decision to not allow growing at home irks me a bit.

Agreed, but let's not lose sight of what's important: Vermont is the 5th state to tell prohibitionists to fuck off. Legalization will never happen in PA until enough states do it and it goes national. And then people like me will owe these brave Patriots a huge debt for helping bring it about.

That's the same way I feel about backwards-ass bible-belt Indiana.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 26, 2016, 05:58:03 AM
BOOM! Another one down.

Quote@RegulateVermont

Yep.  And our idiot politicians will probably sue the Feds once they legalize it nationally

runawayjimbo

Quote from: kellerb on February 26, 2016, 09:09:53 AM
BOOM! Another one down.

Quote@RegulateVermont

Yep.  And our idiot politicians will probably sue the Feds once they legalize it nationally

I woulda thought IN politicians would be thrilled to steer kids away from meth by legalizing weed.

VDB

BOOM! Another one down.

Quote@RegulateVermont

QuoteCampbell opposed the bill, saying the timing isn't right, but had promised Sears and the governor he would not use any procedural tactics to prevent the bill from coming before the full Senate

He called the fact that bill did come to the floor  "very impressive."

"It is a bill of public interest," he said, citing a recent Vermont Public Radio poll showing that a majority of Vermonters support legalization. "It deserved a debate on the floor."

Wow, imagine that. A politician setting aside his own ego to let democracy unfold. Congressional "leaders" take note.
Is this still Wombat?

kellerb

Quote from: runawayjimbo on February 26, 2016, 09:55:27 AM
BOOM! Another one down.

Quote@RegulateVermont

I woulda thought IN politicians would be thrilled to steer kids away from meth by legalizing weed.

Lol, you're giving them way too much credit for rationality, compassion, and common sense.

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on February 26, 2016, 10:51:52 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on February 26, 2016, 09:55:27 AM
BOOM! Another one down.

Quote@RegulateVermont

Lol, you're giving them way too much credit for rationality, compassion, and common sense.

And I'm pretty sure they think that meth is only for "the gays".
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

So it's official for this country finally (in 2017).

QuoteCanada's legislation to begin the process of legalizing and regulating marijuana will be introduced next spring, Health Minister Jane Philpott announced Wednesday at the United Nations.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/philpott-says-marijuana-law-to-come-by-spring-2017/article29690880/
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

I expect there will to be a year of free-for-all at the 100s of new dispensaries in Toronto before full on regulation kicks in.

mistercharlie

Now I kinda want Trump to win...

The wife has agreed to move to Canada already if that happens.  :smoke:

runawayjimbo

Good conversation with Lynne Lyman of the Drug Policy Alliance on CA's ambitious Prop 64.

VDB

^ Pretty good stuff. Here's hoping CA voters come through.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Marijuana had a pretty good day at the polls yesterday. So there's that.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

A couple times late at night in the hotel room in Vegas we put on Rick Steves' travel show on PBS.
If you've ever watched this guy, you'll know how hilarious it was when I found out he's a huge advocate for legal weed.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

Quote from: VDB on November 09, 2016, 03:16:42 PM
Marijuana had a pretty good day at the polls yesterday. So there's that.

Yeah good to see mass and possibly Maine go Rec. CO looks like it passed the amendment 300 that will allow public consumption in cafes/events as long as it's out of site of general public.