News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/29 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, December 29, 2012, 11:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

12/29 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Set I: Crowd Control, Mound, AC/DC Bag, Rock and Roll, Sugar Shack, Reba, Halley's Comet, Limb by Limb, Velvet Sea, Bathtub Gin

Set II: Golden Age> Waves > Prince Caspian, Boogie on Reggae Woman> Suzie Greenburg, Bug, Cavern, 46 Days

E: Squirming Coil, Grind, First Tube

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

blatboom

much preferred last night from a setlist and playing standpoint, stoked for tomorrow!!

birdman

Quote from: blatboom on December 29, 2012, 11:44:47 PM
much preferred last night from a setlist and playing standpoint, stoked for tomorrow!!
This.
See you bitches tomorrow!
Paug FTMFW!

Caravan2001

This show had a couple great peaks. Not too many disasters.  Saw pie, Wtu,Mcgrupp and augs bro for a quick second before.  Had a great time in the taper section. Hoping tomorrow blows doors but tonight was solid imo

Gumbo72203

Glad I rocked out to Shadows Fall and Killswitch Engage tonight instead of doing this stream lol.

How tight was Mound? 

Phish ain't REALLY back til we get a jammed Halley's anyway
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Gumbo72203

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Reba channeled the MSG energy so that was my highlight.

End of waves was getting real nice...

Bring in the dude!

mehead

After Waves, this 2nd set looks  :tte:

Nice looking encore.  Standard Gin I'm assuming?
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

McGrupp

Quote from: mehead on December 30, 2012, 08:33:02 AM
After Waves, this 2nd set looks  :tte:

Nice looking encore.  Standard Gin I'm assuming?

The gin was pretty standard but it did have a really nice build compliments of Trey and the peak was really nice. It was a highlight for me and def worth a listen.

As WTU said, another highlight was that crowd explosion during Reba. WTF was THAT? Energy just feeding off of itself in the room. I thought something happened on stage to make the crowd go apeshit like that, but I think it was just because Reba jams are awesome and people were having fun.

Slightly disappointed that they didn't take Golden Age or Waves further out, but it's ok. I really have no complaints about the show. Will I go back and listen to it? Maybe the Gin, maybe the Waves.

Mr. Miner HATED it btw. Said it was one of the worst of the year. That guy.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

anthrax

Quote from: McGrupp on December 30, 2012, 10:18:14 AM

As WTU said, another highlight was that crowd explosion during Reba. WTF was THAT? Energy just feeding off of itself in the room. I thought something happened on stage to make the crowd go apeshit like that, but I think it was just because Reba jams are awesome and people were having fun.

some dude threw a huge pile of green glowsticks all at once from the upper levels onto the back of the floor.  that served as the catalyst to get a group of people to start cheering and then the whole thing just took off from there.  it just goes to show you how ready to rock the crowd was.

but yes, reba jams are awesome too!

whatapiper

From the webcast the first set felt pretty disjointed and never established any real flow. The Gin was nice but nothing for me to revisit.  2nd set started off with purpose in that Golden Age seemed to be the beginning of another jam filled 2nd set. The > Waves only solidified that thought until reality set in with the Caspian force.  Had the Golden Age > Waves followed a similar path of the Tweezer> Maze from the night before we could have had a very different show. 

Tonight looks to be a monster though with last night being a bit of a sleeper.  I have not read Mr. Minor but if he's talking about a lack of creativity last night I'd have to agree. 
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

susep

Quote from: anthrax on December 30, 2012, 12:10:02 PM
some dude threw a huge pile of green glowsticks all at once from the upper levels onto the back of the floor.  that served as the catalyst to get a group of people to start cheering and then the whole thing just took off from there.

its preety weak if the largest draw from the crowd is because of fan behavior vs music.   :shakehead:

Gumbo72203

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.