News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/31 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, January 01, 2013, 12:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Quote from: barnesy305 on January 03, 2013, 09:51:44 PM
Quote from: birdman on January 03, 2013, 09:46:36 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on January 03, 2013, 09:38:49 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on January 03, 2013, 09:24:26 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 02, 2013, 03:20:13 PM
Gothamist with a great review of the show including some great pictures... here's my favorite of the bunch:

full review here:

http://gothamist.com/2013/01/02/photos_video_phish_stage_nye_runawa.php#photo-1

guy says it was the 1st time they played Iron man. thats not right is it?

anyway, lots of win in the comments for that article.
my favorite has to be this one:
"Shut the fuck up with your overly contrived comment. Phish suck a bowl of dicks and so do you."

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I like the dude with dreads who said that he slapped a custie with his meatstick. And am I the only one who clicked on the bathroom floor shit pic?
Are you kidding me? It was probably one of us who shit on the floor.
George, Im looking in your direction.

The corn threw me off, too many vegetables.

If there was corn it couldn't have been me. I was on a strictly halal diet.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: McGrupp on January 03, 2013, 10:21:01 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on January 03, 2013, 09:51:44 PM
Quote from: birdman on January 03, 2013, 09:46:36 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on January 03, 2013, 09:38:49 PM
Gothamist with a great review of the show including some great pictures... here's my favorite of the bunch:

full review here:

"Shut the fuck up with your overly contrived comment. Phish suck a bowl of dicks and so do you."

I like the dude with dreads who said that he slapped a custie with his meatstick. And am I the only one who clicked on the bathroom floor shit pic?
Are you kidding me? It was probably one of us who shit on the floor.
George, Im looking in your direction.

The corn threw me off, too many vegetables.

If there was corn it couldn't have been me. I was on a strictly halal diet.

It's funny cuz it's true.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

DoW

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 05, 2013, 09:31:34 AM
Girl lays down on subway tracks after show goes night night
can't even imagine what her fiance is going through.
I know it is a NY Post article using PT as a source, but should people really be kicked out of concerts for smoking cigarettes?
horrible story.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Buffalo Budd

Awful story, horrible start to 2013.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

Caravan2001

full review here:

I know both of the guys in that picture  :laugh:

Gumbo72203

So, this show's Wedge.  This needs to be talked about.

I'm not sure whether this performance rabidly infuriates me, or fills me with radiant hope. 

The groove that develops at the end, LED BY TREY, is quite possibly one of the most sublimely insistent and propulsively-spacious marches I've ever heard the band do.  Its just SO pocket, catchy, melodic, and has that ephemeral transcendent quality to it.  It feels and SOUNDS important.  Its not just the band vamping on chords in time together.  Its MUSIC.  But I'm torn....  because, on the one hand, they were able to GET THERE, but the on the other hand, they let it die so fast!!!

You know what part I'm talking about; its the instant the song goes Type II at the end.  First, there is that initial Type II section with Page on the piano.  They do about 4 bars, and then Trey moves up the fretboard to higher chords, does that for 2 measures and then we enter The Groove!. 

From 7:21 to 7:51, Phish may have played the deepest, most genuine music of 3.0.  It fucking makes me think of Cypress shit; it has that same down-tempo air-groove edge to it.  Its significant.  But then it just dies!

This Sand is pretty fucking amazing, too.  Trey's thinking within this performance is really re-assuring.  The chops aren't there, technically, but the way Trey played during that Sand made me think of 1.0 more than anything I think I've heard during 3.0.  Just the way he's connecting notes, finally relying on theme-development instead of being like the Dead and never fucking playing the same god damn thing twice to showcase any form of structure or order. 

Also, this might be the best-sounding 3.0 YEM for the composed sections.  At least the intro.  The relaxed tempo for the intro...  it just works.  It sounds so good. 

Loving the delay in Ghost for the pause chord....  fucking win, Trey.  I love when he does shit like this; he's PLAYING with his songs, and his pedals.  This is the Trey we want. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

OMG THEY MODULATE IN GHOST LIKE IN THE 90's!!!!!!!!   FUCK!!!!

This Ghost!  Radio City Fish Beat!!!   YEAHHH!!!!!   11/28/09 Seven Below jam theme tease!!!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Caravan2001

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Thrillhouse

Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

birdman

Paug FTMFW!