News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/10 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, July 10, 2013, 11:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: antelope19 on July 11, 2013, 10:49:36 AM
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

It's true.  But IIRC, that's what some people around here were asking for earlier.  Play the same songs more often, but do it well.  I think that's what the band is currently working towards.

possum is probably the most played song of 3.0
wonder why they like it so much.

sls.stormyrider

It's true.  But IIRC, that's what some people around here were asking for earlier.  Play the same songs more often, but do it well.  I think that's what the band is currently working towards.

I was one of those people.

I didn't specify, but I wasn't talking about Possum
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sMILEy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 11, 2013, 11:00:45 AM

I personally think Possum is just one of those songs that every person attending knows the lyrics to and is a "crowd pleaser".
Along with David Bowie, Possum is the song i've heard the most live!

sMILEy

Quote from: sMILEy on July 11, 2013, 12:00:09 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 11, 2013, 11:00:45 AM

I personally think Possum is just one of those songs that every person attending knows the lyrics to and is a "crowd pleaser".
Along with David Bowie, Possum is the song i've heard the most live!
Btw, not saying this is a good thing.

antelope19

Possum is def. a crowd pleaser and a lot of fun to dance to, despite the fact that they play it so often.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Quote from: antelope19 on July 11, 2013, 12:06:24 PM
Possum is def. a crowd pleaser and a lot of fun to dance to, despite the fact that they plait so often.

Exactly. It's easy to hate on as being rote and repetitive from where we sit, but its a fun song live and lots of people enjoy seeing it. I have no qualms there, myself. 
Is this still Wombat?

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sMILEy

danje

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Gumbo72203

This Crosseyed jam is nice.  Patient building into a legit musical progression.  I like it.  Even Fishman is getting into the act, listen to his kick drum accents!!!  Mike with the synth-squeegee.  This is fucking nice.  Trey even throws on his wah-wah tastefully.  Page's piano after the 14:00 mark are fucking awesome.  Fishman turns on the peak at like 15:00 with some nice fills, and Trey comes in with a great lead line.  Really good stuff here, guys.  Once they get more warmed up with being onstage, these types of events are going to be Dicks12-epic I think.

The aborted Slave ending was very weird, though.  Mini encore before Rocky Top?

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

McGrupp

haha- I think Trey is just all "Fuck em. I want to rock" and then he just plays Possum.

Plus it gets the crowd amped. Can you blame him?

3.0'd
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?