News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/14 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, July 14, 2013, 10:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

2013-07-14
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Columbia, MD

Set I:
First Tube, Moma Dance, NICU, Roses are Free, Chalkdust Torture, Stash, Scent of a Mule, It's Ice, Tube, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Golden Age > Twist > Backwards Down the Number Line > Light > Boogie On Reggae Woman, Julius, You Enjoy Myself

E:  Loving Cup
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

GBL

I wonder if the 1st set was 80 minutes and the 2nd set was 60 minutes
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Buffalo Budd

I have yet to listen to a show from the tour (streams withstanding) and may skip straight to this.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: GBL on July 14, 2013, 10:52:19 PM
I wonder if the 1st set was 80 minutes and the 2nd set was 60 minutes

Set 1 (7:40pm - 9:03pm)

First Tube
The Moma Dance
NICU
Roses Are Free
Chalk Dust Torture
Stash
Scent of a Mule
It's Ice
Tube
Run Like an Antelope

Set 2 (9:28 - 10:42pm)

Golden Age >
Twist >
Backwards Down the Number Line
Light ->
Boogie On Reggae Woman
Julius
You Enjoy Myself

Encore (10:45 - 10:52)

Loving Cup
Bring in the dude!

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

antelope19

Quote from: GBL on July 14, 2013, 11:41:42 PM
They def brought it tonight then!

Extended second set ftw!

This

Last night and tonight were like night and day. The band played with energy all night.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Igbo

I would've loved the First Tube and Moma to open. Get the dancing shoes going

VDB

In one of the most symbolic moments in recent years, Trey came out for the second set of Sunday night's show at Merriweather wearing a t-shirt!
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 15, 2013, 11:03:29 AM
In one of the most symbolic moments in recent years, Trey came out for the second set of Sunday night's show at Merriweather wearing a t-shirt!

It read "Phearless"

whatapiper

Great looking first set on paper but the short 2nd set is deceiving being only an hour plus.  How was the Golden Age throug Light?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

antelope19

Quote from: whatapiper on July 15, 2013, 12:19:23 PM
Great looking first set on paper but the short 2nd set is deceiving being only an hour plus.  How was the Golden Age throug Light?

solid and all played pretty well.  I was a little disappointed at the time when they went into BDTNL, but they more than made up for it with that Light > Boogie On believe it or not.  We were loving it.  I thought Light was exceptional last night and one of the better versions that I've heard.  But I need to go back and re-listen to confirm. 

gah

Quote from: antelope19 on July 15, 2013, 12:32:43 PM

solid and all played well.  I was a little disappointed at the time when they went into BDTNL, but they more than made up for it with that Light > Boogie On believe it or not.  We were loving it.  I thought Light was exceptional last night and one of the better versions that I've heard.  But I need to go back and re-listen to confirm.

You'll confirm nothing, and you'll like it!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Insert Beer

The real meat was Light through YEM. Light got funky and segued naturally into Boogie. I thought Trey ripped during Julius and the placement was just right. YEM came as no surprise (to me at least) but the composed parts were near perfect and the jam was unique. My only complaint is that YEM did not peak as it usually does.  Still, beyond psyched that I chose to buy a ticket and go by myself last minute. Most enjoyable show I think I've been to.