News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/2 - Bill Graham Civic Center - San Francisco, CA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by whatapiper, August 03, 2013, 02:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

8/2 - Bill Graham Civic Center - San Francisco, CA

Set I: Free, Meat, Oh Kee Pah Ceremony > AC/DC Bag, Vultures, Roggae, Sand, When the Circus Comes, Babylon Baby, Reba, HAlfway the Moon, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Punch You in the Eye > Down with Disease > Prince Caspian > Farmhouse, Seven Below > Theme from the Bottom, Harry Hood, Stealing Time from the Faulty Plan, The Squirming Coil

Encore:
Walls of the Cave

**Stepping in for Guy
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

emay

solid show.
that reba was real nice and the 7 below jam was going somewhere before trey ended it.
hood was good too. even the farmhouse jam was good, and the stealing time was above average.
felt like all the composed parts were executed really well tonight. they were on point.
page slayed the end of that coil too.

good show.

anthrax

meh.  i'll give them a break because i thought they've brought the heat over the last 6 shows or so.  this one didn't really do it for me.  although 7 below was nice and i'm a sucker for a coil set closer.  this is a cool place to see phish.  reminds me of the old winderland videos.

WhatstheUse?

Wow, surprised you didn't dig this one Jeff.

First set was amazing IMO, best song selection of the tour, really. Meat...Roggae..Vultures...circus..

I also dug the 2nd set.....definitely nothing reached tweezer status from tahoe but it was so solid.

Caspian>farmhouse looks likes such a downerr but the farmhouse was SO GOOD. 

Bill Graham rules.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

jasonsobel

Quote from: sophist on August 02, 2013, 08:15:21 AM
yeah...pretty damn sure that quote is preserved for when Gumbo swoons over that 11 minute DWD that ripcords into Caspian that will drop this weekend

just thought I'd bring this quote over from the 7/31 post-show thread.  Sophist makes a pretty good call here, well in advance of the 8/2 show.  I haven't listened yet to hear if there was a ripcord or how bad is was, but I will note that the livephish song timings indicate that DWD was 14 minutes, not 11.
sing me back home before I die

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Alumni

I never had much of a problem with Stash clapping. In time, I was able to get over the audience "Hood" after Harry. Maybe I'll get over the Wooo?

Ah . . . no. The Wooo is on a different level of contrived.
Cause I got a degree

VA $l!m

lol, i'm a day off, i thought this show was tonight.
guess i didnt miss much.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 03, 2013, 04:24:29 AM
Also...best Stealing Time ever?

indeed! thought the stealing time was above average and that got a blank space vocal jam thing was pretty trippy.

enjoying this farmhouse jam again kinda reminds me of the one at Dicks1 2012, though I still think the dicks one is better.

WhatstheUse?

Wait...people are actually hating on the Woo thing? Now thats funny.
Bring in the dude!

Undermind

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 03, 2013, 01:47:18 PM
I'm sure it's fun when you're there but it's pretty annoying when listening on playback imo.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

cactusfan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 03, 2013, 04:14:59 AM
Wow, surprised you didn't dig this one Jeff.

First set was amazing IMO, best song selection of the tour, really. Meat...Roggae..Vultures...circus..

I also dug the 2nd set.....definitely nothing reached tweezer status from tahoe but it was so solid.

Caspian>farmhouse looks likes such a downerr but the farmhouse was SO GOOD. 

Bill Graham rules.

i liked this show too, though nothing as epic as the tweezer. the seven below, once it got rolling, was great.

the building does get rather hot and smoky, though. they need more air in there.

as for the woo-ing, when it happened spontaneously it was fun. when trey tried to milk it in the beginning of PYITE, it was kind of annoying.

emay

WOTC encore is pretty sweet too. A scents encore would have been the tits though.

Alumni

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 03, 2013, 01:47:18 PM

Bag it WoooooooTag itooooo WoooooSellittothebutcheroooooo inthestore . . . [awkward pause] Woooooooooooooooo

:music:

/s
Cause I got a degree