News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/5 - Hollywood Bowl - Hollywood, CA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by whatapiper, August 06, 2013, 01:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

8/5 - Hollywood Bowl - Hollywood, CA

Set I: AC/DC Bag, Moma Dance, Sparkle, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Lawnboy, Wolfman's Brother, Roses are Free, @Scent of a Mule, Ocelot, Cavern, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Set II: Chalkdust Torture, Golden Age> Birds of a Feather, Sand, Down with Disease> My Friend My Friend, Harry Hood, Character Zero

E: Loving Cup

@Full band drum solo

Streams: http://twitcasting.tv/yasunobuarakawa

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

guyforget

i havent heard a note, and length isnt everything, blah blah blah... 

BUT - 2 songs at or over 10 minutes tonight. 

first set ocelot @ 10:00
second set harry hood @ 22:33

(combined theyre still shorter than the tahoweeeezer)

plenty of 10+ min regulars in the list, too....
-AD_

Undermind

HOOD!  wow...  Up there with the Tahoe Tweezer, Toronto DWD and PNC C&P as tour highlights imo.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

rowjimmy

Just had a "wtf song is this" moment with Hood...

Then the "Woo"s started and a part of me died inside. The rest of me is still pleased with this jam.

mbw

Nice job on that hood.  I really liked the quiet return to the end which trey pulled out of the air.
I will not speak of the woo's.

antelope19

Maybe the woo's will die between tours, but somehow I doubt it.  :|
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gah

If I'm at a show and someone around me woo's, I will proceed to punch you in the nuts. You've been warned.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

Quote from: gah on August 06, 2013, 10:11:24 AM
If I'm at a show and someone around me woo's, I will proceed to punch you in the nuts. You've been warned.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I can't wait to witness this.....
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Gumbo72203

this Hood is so fucking good.

Honestly, the whole Woo shit was the audience this time, it had nothing to do with the band.  They were wailing, and the rhythmic breaks were really short and not all that conducive to the woo's but the people in the audience still did it anyway.  Glad the band didn't draw it out too much. 

This Hood is SO fucking good, though, holy shit.  Trey Digital Delay Loop Jam at 19:20!!!!!!!!!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

guyforget

gah throws down the dickpunch gauntlet, niiiiiiiiiice
-AD_

emay

well the ending of that hood just gave me chills listening to it.
Jam is decent. But when it gets spacey at the end and then trey comes in with the "you can feel good" riff is really nice. Trey comes in so softlyt!
One thing they seemed to be better at this tour was dynamics. During some jams and songs they would suddenly drop to almost a pianissimo tone and then bring it back up. Esp remember it during YEm at either spac or mpp. Also during rock n roll I think at bangor, maybe it was the golden age actually, gonna have to re listen to them.

gah

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard Listening on phishtracks AUD recording, when trey brings it back in around 20:30, you hear this kid go, OH SHIT!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard Definitely would've been something I'd say.

http://www.phishtracks.com/shows/2013-08-05/harry-hood
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Hood ruled face. Some standard rock jamming but also some very inventive jamming later on.

I will say this in regards to the "wooos" -- I too find it unoriginal and annoying at this point, but it doesn't seem to bother the band at all. In this Hood, you can hear the wooing start before they go complete start-stop, and it encourages them to do so, as if to indulge the woos. I'd say that this phenomenon is actually encouraging Phish to engage in some pretty dope start-stop jamming with more regularity than we've heard at any point this era, and so that has to be viewed as a silver lining.
Is this still Wombat?