News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/31 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, November 01, 2013, 01:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

10/31 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ

Set I: Heavy Things, Moma Dance, Poor Heart, Back On The Train, Silent In The Morning, Kill Devil Falls, Mound, Free, Camel Walk, Stash. Golgi Apparatus, Bathtub Gin

Set II *: Wingsuit, Fuego, The Line, Monica^, Waiting All Night, Wombat^^, Snow**, Devotion To A Dream, 555 > Winterqueen, Amidst The Peals Of Laughter~, You Never Know

Set III: Ghost, Carini, Birds of a Feather, Harry Hood, Bug, Run like an Antelope

E: Quinn the Eskimo

*Announced as the premier of material for the next Phish album, "Wingsuit".
Phishbill:

^Trey on acoustic guitar, Mike on upright bass, Fish on small kit, Page on separate keys (ministage stage left of Mike's normal position)
^^With a Wombat & dancers onstage. Abe Vigoda introduced as the Wombat (For Real.)
** Trey on acoustic, Mike on resonator guitar, Page on keys, Fish on cymbals only (ministage again)

~Trey acoustic, Page on keys (ministage) No Mike or Fish.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

rowjimmy

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

twatts

Set 1:  didn't hear it, I was asleep in the rocking chair with Cassady...

Set 2:  wtf?  I don't mind that you played your own shit, but come one!  We want to hear you cover someone else!  Good songs, but disappointed it wasn't [insert album name].

Set 3:  holy crap!  that was awesome!!!

KYJ
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

^so much for the 24 hour rule.

Missed the first set and "listened" to the new album set while distracted by the chimichurri I was making and dealing with the baby girl's first cold of the season. Definitely enjoyed a lot of the stuff after the opener. Specifically (roughly judging by the names on the setlist) Fuego, Monica, Wombat, and I think 555. I'm gonna get crucified for this, but I think Monica, of all songs, could be a real fun springboard for electric jam.  I think I could also deal with a 20 minute Wombat jam.

I can't wait to see what Ezrin is able to do with the material they are starting with.

Oh yeah, set 3 kinda ruled a bit.

Don Gordleone vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rciJivTcx6o&feature=youtu.be

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on November 01, 2013, 03:02:51 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on November 01, 2013, 02:51:38 AM
So uh... how was it?

Third set looks good maybe?

I need reviews!

Best Carini ever?

Not sure if it was the best Carini ever.  I'd have to do a Carini listening project before endorsing that statement. 

That being said, it was the best jam of the tour hands down.  And, when it comes to both song selection and improvisation together, set three was their best set in a long time.  That's my opinion, at least.  For whatever it's worth.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Lots of thoughts to sort through but that was a huge disappointment.

Was not psyched about most of those new songs. In a matter of fact, most of them sucked ass.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

I think The Line may have been an outtake from HOAHB.   :-(. Bubble-Gum pop at it's cheesiest.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: pcr3 on November 01, 2013, 02:11:02 AM
^so much for the 24 hour rule.

Missed the first set and "listened" to the new album set while distracted by the chimichurri I was making and dealing with the baby girl's first cold of the season. Definitely enjoyed a lot of the stuff after the opener. Specifically (roughly judging by the names on the setlist) Fuego, Monica, Wombat, and I think 555. I'm gonna get crucified for this, but I think Monica, of all songs, could be a real fun springboard for electric jam. I think I could also deal with a 20 minute Wombat jam.

I can't wait to see what Ezrin is able to do with the material they are starting with.

Oh yeah, set 3 kinda ruled a bit.

Don Gordleone vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rciJivTcx6o&feature=youtu.be

I totally agree about an electric Monica. I really dig the groove that song has going. Hopefully this becomes the One song they take away from this Halloween set and bring into normal rotation.

WhatstheUse?

Phish took the easy way out tonight. They could have debuted all those songs at any time, why choose the Halloween set?

Weak sauce. Total weak sauce. Easily the worst Halloween show they've ever played. I'm truly disappointed in this band.

They were trying to pull the whole "we don't have to prove anything, we can do whatever we want" bit and it was a bunch of bullshit.
Bring in the dude!

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."