News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/29 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, December 29, 2013, 11:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

PHiSH
12/29/13
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

Set I
The Moma Dance> Rift, Roggae, Sparkle, The Line, Stash, 555, It's Ice, Gumbo, Walls of the Cave

Set II
Down with Disease, Carini, Waves> Twist, Golgi Apparatus, David Bowie

Encore
Possum

emay

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

So much better than last night!

Carini was hot hot hot. So damn good. Groovy, patient, psychedelic gooeyness
Bring in the dude!

GBL

Carini hit a deep, deep groove..

Def the jam of the night..

SUPER funky
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Thrillhouse

Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

justjezmund

so much fun, and I made it the night without fucking my foot up.  Success!
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mbw

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Marmar

Ya...the new tunes are holding their weight....quite a huge difference hearing them scattered about vs. hearing 1hr of all new material.....plus the studio refinements have really helped em along.....

I dunno...I feel tonight was a bit of a roller coaster.....good jams, and meh jams.....

The Santana solos in Twist have got to go....that sounded really stale to my ears....

Carini was the shit that killed Bruce Lee.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

justjezmund

Quote from: PG on December 30, 2013, 11:56:17 AM
Quote from: justjezmund on December 30, 2013, 10:19:14 AM
so much fun, and I made it the night without fucking my foot up.  Success!

Great seeing you, brother.

so great seeing everyone.  Biggest paug section to date.  218 was all paug. 

BTW has anyone had these thc chews?  HOLY SHIT!  Called a deca-dose.  BUddy brought a bunch of med stuff back from cali and this one was a thc tootsie roll.  And not even a 1/4 of one rocked my whole night.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Marmar on December 30, 2013, 01:35:42 PM

The Santana solos in Twist have got to go....that sounded really stale to my ears....

Twist was the worst thing about the 2nd set.  And it was really good, except that the guys could not hook up on ANYTHING to save their lives.  It was kinda awkward.  A lot of fishing, and no catching.  I felt like a lot of it was Mike's fault in not landing on the tonic of what Trey and Page were playing.  It was like he was purposefully playing in a non-cohesive manner.  Very strange.  Nothing congealed.

Disease and Carini on the other hand... man oh man. 

My first Waves!  and the first jammed Gumbo of 3.0!  And a jammed Its Ice!!! 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mistercharlie

That Carini is a funkasaurus rex!! Great jam and I was really enjoying it, Page was owning hat shit. And then the damned woo's.  I could honestly see a future where 'woo' replaces 'Wilson'.

Wait a minute.....

What if the New Years Gag involves Rick Flair wingsuiting onto the stage. 'Woo'!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

antelope19

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 30, 2013, 02:17:03 PM
That Carini is a funkasaurus rex!! Great jam and I was really enjoying it, Page was owning hat shit. And then the damned woo's.  I could honestly see a future where 'woo' replaces 'Wilson'.

Wait a minute.....

What if the New Years Gag involves Rick Flair wingsuiting onto the stage. 'Woo'!!

:samurai:

Bite your damn tongue! 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

cleech74

Haven't heard any of the Wingsuit material yet, but I just listened to 555. Digging that. It's Ice, right now. I be heard a few cringworthy versions in the last few years, but they are pretty locked in. Composed sections of some the older material seems to be getting better. Not sure if it's practice, repetition, or the lack of hard drugs, but it seems to be working. I've been liking what I've heard, and it seems they are in a good place musically, and the efforts put forth are having mostly positive effect. Hope the show goers are having a good time, and feel they're getting their $'s worth. Looking forward to reviews from 'Paugers in attendance, from this run of shows.  :music: :phish:
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon