News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2014-7-1 Xfinity Center - Mansfield, MA - Post Show Discussion

Started by emay, July 01, 2014, 11:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

That whole second set was money

Set 2: Gotta Jibboo -> Saw It Again -> Magilla > Twist > Slave to the Traffic Light

But yes, the Jibboo was def the highlight.  I remember people freaking out saying it was the first time Mike had broken from the standard bass line in that song.

Sorry for deviating so much from the topic at hand.   
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

That Jiboo is fantastic.  But I'm also a fan boy of them taking any tune for a ride.  I relistened to 7/4/10 a few weeks back.  My first thought three songs in, "god damn we did a lot of drugs that day." 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Quote from: sophist on July 03, 2014, 11:26:03 AM
That Jiboo is fantastic.  But I'm also a fan boy of them taking any tune for a ride.  I relistened to 7/4/10 a few weeks back.  My first thought three songs in, "god damn we did a lot of drugs that day."

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

VDB

I had a fine time at the 7/4/10 show. Perhaps chemically assisted, but that's none of your goddamn business. Killing In The Name Of was pretty unreal.

edit: yeah, got the name wrong
Is this still Wombat?

emay

sophist

Quote from: antelope19 on July 03, 2014, 11:27:23 AM

It's true.  I spilled a vial on my leg.  Scott was eating strips like they were double mint gum in a cougar's snatch.  I'm pretty sure Heath drained all of Verizon's kegs, and Miami Phish had a look like we had all just gang fucked his little sister.  It was a pretty mild day of debauchery. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

That Ghost > Paug is so good...

I could go without saying that the Hood is killer but I'll say it.
The Hood is killer.

Mike Hamad has done one of his 'diagrams' of this one:

(Hosted above by the New York Times as part of a followup to their piece earlier in the week. In case you missed it, Check it out...

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: sophist on July 03, 2014, 11:35:52 AM

It's true.  I spilled a vial on my leg.  Scott was eating strips like they were double mint gum in a cougar's snatch.  I'm pretty sure Heath drained all of Verizon's kegs, and Miami Phish had a look like we had all just gang fucked his little sister.  It was a pretty mild day of debauchery.

That was fun. Pretty sure that's the most acid I've ever eaten and probably the highest I've ever been... And ever will be.  Conductor'd
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 03, 2014, 01:41:46 PM

That was fun. Pretty sure that's the most acid I've ever eaten and probably the highest I've ever been... And ever will be.  Conductor'd

Never say never

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 03, 2014, 12:06:29 PM
That Ghost > Paug is so good...

Giving this a listen now.  It's kind of blowing my mind right now that I can go to phishtracks and listen to last night's show right now.  That will never be lost on me.   

antelope19

Oh man is that transition nice, but I am left wanting more from this ghost.  I guess that's how it's supposed be.   :banana:

sophist

Quote from: antelope19 on July 03, 2014, 01:53:32 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 03, 2014, 01:41:46 PM

Never say never
Man's got a point. 

Itsnotanexperience

Something very alive and fluid about this show............for better or worse, they truly sound like a band again.   Even Trey sounds more fluid in spite of a lack of any fluid technique since 2000.

Might be my favorite Weekapaug since the first hiatus.   It just jumps.

Stash, Hood, Mike's Groove, Ghost.   All very cool.

Summer seems promising.

whatapiper

Gave this a spin finally last night on the long drive to see my family.  First off, my expectations were beyond exceeded, they sounded like they were 10 shows into tour rather than an opener.  Really enjoyed Fuego and the rest of the new material, placement didn't suck either.  Even birds seemed to pop. I'd say this is as strong as an opener can get these days with the obvious highlights being already mentioned. The paug segue was beyond refreshing and I won't beat a dead milkman over this Hood, but it was so good. Stash I just loved Trey's tone, really I don't have any complaints about this show, bravo guys, my appetite is now sufficiently wet.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mehead

Had a great time with susep.  It was hot as fuck out.

As soon as I heard those opening notes of Stealing Time I was all  :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Flashbacks (and no, not good ones) of GW '09 started to hit me.  Fuego put a smile back on my face though. Getting 4 Fuego tunes in the first set was fully expected and I didn't mind at all.  Just like wtu said in an earlier post, placement for some of these new songs are going to be crucial.  Wingsuit as the set closer did not work at all.  Stash and Fuego were clearly the highlights of the set.  I am a sucka for BOAF and really liked this showing up in this spot so it was all good for me.  I really liked the fact that it was not a standard 3.0 first set.  We survived without a Wolfman's, Bitch, Moma - you know what I mean.

Like everyone else, I was wondering if we were going to get our 2nd jam as they opened the second set w/ Mike's.  Simple was very rough in spots but I was glad to get it over a Hydrogen or some other awful Joy tune.  I thought the placement for Waiting worked to a point.  I can see this one moving around a bit in the rotation.I was pumped for Ghost and thought the transition into Paug was pretty sweet.  With it hovering around 10:30 as Paug ended, I was really hoping for a YEM to close the set.  While that obviously didn't happen, the Great Woods Hood did.   :mrgreen:  Cavern seemed like a lock to close the set and I called the Julius as the encore.

Overall, I had a real nice time at this show.  Loved how we avoided the typical 3.0 tour opener first set garbo, we got ZERO covers (true to Trey's statements in that RS interview) - NIIIICE, no Possum, really dug the Fuego tunes live and we got sweet versions of Stash and Hood. 

Needless to say, I was a happy camper driving home the next day.  I would prefer to be at a  :phish: show than not being at a  :phish: show.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged