News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/05 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post Show Discussion

Started by mbw, July 06, 2014, 12:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

PHiSH
07/05/14
Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Saratoga Springs, NY

SDCK: Unknown Song (Mike vocals), Wombat -> Manteca -> Wombat -> Can't Turn You Loose, Waiting All Night, Walls of the Cave, Sing Monica

I
Crowd Control, My Friend My Friend, Scent of a Mule*, Undermind, A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, I Didn't Know, Foam, Wombat, Divided Sky, Wading in the Velvet Sea, David Bowie

II
Carini > Waves, Wingsuit, Piper > Fluffhead, Heavy Things, Slave to the Traffic Light, You Enjoy Myself

E
Suzy Greenberg

* w/Fishman on Marimba Lumina

WhatstheUse?

Great YEM tonight and I loved the Wingsuit. I'm sold on that song.

Otherwise, wasn't feeling it as much tonight as last night. First set was pretty solid, wombat was "fun".  Page killed heavy things. Piper was cool. Slave seemed uncomfortably fast...

Fun night. Fun weekend. Paug4life.

Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sophist

Looks disjointed to me.  I would have rather it been

Carini -> Waves > Piper -> Light -> Wingsuit, Fluffhead, Slave, Heavy Things, YEM

First set looks pretty standard as well.  Having only heard 7/4 II, on paper it looks like they went 1/6 for the weekend.  I got a feeling 7/1 still might be the best show through four. 

Oh, LOL at the August sound check posts.  That's gold. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Marmar

The jam out of carini was the only piece worth keeping.....page killed the night while trey forgot how to play. Maybe it was equipment issues but trey was practically inaudible or not even playing at times.....

how about that fluffhead? Yikes...

and the yem.....yikes....and....well, you get the picture.

1 for 3.....but still glad to have gone....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mbw

Quote from: Marmar on July 06, 2014, 09:52:22 AM
trey forgot how to play. Maybe it was equipment issues but trey was practically inaudible or not even playing at times.....

glad you said it.  what was with heavy things?  he sends the solo over to page, then takes off his guitar and dances?
so mike is all like, fine, i ain't gonna play neither.  as for the times he was playing....  :|

i give that show a D.  actually i give trey a F. the rest of em were great.

Marmar

If I were grading last night, trey would be expelled........I mean shit, I am no pro guitarist but even tweakin as hard as I was I wouldda blown trey off the stage....seriously....like how do you fuck up slave? Its 4 chords to play out on.....it was so up and down. One minute he was fine and then the next he was way off in left field.....I think that was why page had to say a few words before suzy, I think he may have felt bad for us....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

I guess I'm glad that I didn't listen closely.

I enjoyed set two this morning but I was working so it was background music at best.

birdman

Really enjoyed last nights show. I liked it better than the 4th. I thought the piper was the best thing played all weekend. And our crew was crushing it during YEM. Not the least bit disappointed by what I heard. I need to figure out a plan to hit Dicks. I'd love to bookend this tour
Paug FTMFW!

Augustus

zackonthetrain

agreed with page killing it, he rips it all night and i like him on heavy things. carini was the bright spot, trey took a night off as he killed it the previous night.
"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

GBL

Quote from: birdman on July 06, 2014, 11:50:30 AM
Really enjoyed last nights show. I liked it better than the 4th. I thought the piper was the best thing played all weekend. And our crew was crushing it during YEM. Not the least bit disappointed by what I heard. I need to figure out a plan to hit Dicks. I'd love to bookend this tour

Please, make this happen!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

sls.stormyrider

It was great seeing everyone and hanging out pre show.

1st set was  - a 1st set. Enjoyed it, nothing blew me away. I'll never complain about a Bowie closer for set 1

Carini > jam was great, >Waves seemed forced. The theme of the 2nd set was Page taking charge (I'll never complain about that) - the post waves jam was all Page. It was good, but I felt things get kinda slow with waves and Wingsuit, but then picked up with the outro jam from Wingsuit.
From the end of Wingsuit on, was up dancing.
Piper>Fluff was a nice segue. I liked the Trey - Mike duet in YEM.

Suzy encore was a blast (I called it, PG did as well). The wife was up dancing with more energy than she's had in a while, which was great.

Fish an is a beast

They need to switch back to Fri, Sat, Sun. Traffic coming home was a bitch.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

runawayjimbo

Quote from: slslbs on July 06, 2014, 08:44:00 PM
The wife was up dancing with more energy than she's had in a while, which was great.

I haven't heard a lick of this show yet but this made me very happy to read. Great news.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.