News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

11/01 - MGM Grand Arena - Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, November 02, 2014, 01:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

11/1/14
MGM Grand Arena - Las Vegas, NV

I:  Fuego, My Soul, Back on the Train, 555, Dog Faced Boy*, Fuck Your Face, Horn, Frankie Says, My Friend My Friend, Roses Are Free, Roggae, Birds of a Feather**, Wingsuit

II:  Possum, Crosseyed and Painless > Light% > Lengthwise > Twist***#^ > Wading in the Velvet Sea > Harry Hood > Golgi Apparatus > Backwards Down the Number Line

E:  Waiting All Night, Sing Monica, The Star Spangled Banner

*Last played 6/8/11 (144 shows)
**"they attack" quotes from The Birds
% Dogs quotes with howling
***Lengthwise quotes
#Manteca teases
^Smoke on the Water tease

birdman

Really enjoyed tonight's show. Great flow through both sets. Loved the twisteca. And finally go my lengthwise after 180 shows.
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

aphineday

I really enjoyed the set from home.
I thought it sounded jammed, and inspired.
I felt like Trey was really taking time to think of phrasings instead of just playing the same thing over and over.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Marmar

will reserve comments till after I watch it.....I was too wiped out after the halloween show > 2hrs of nap > 8hrs of work to pull another all nighter without chemical assistance.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

WhatstheUse?

Not much specifically stood out to me last night but I really really liked it all.

Good flow, enjoyed the song selection and Trey's playing was tight. FYF, Frankie Says, MFMF, Horn and DFB all in the first set? So sick!

Most melodic Lengthwise ever?
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Oh and I Absolutely LOOOVVEEDD how they mixed in the Halloween "songs" -- that's exactly how I hoped they would be brought back!
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 02, 2014, 04:31:57 PM
Oh and I Absolutely LOOOVVEEDD how they mixed in the Halloween "songs" -- that's exactly how I hoped they would be brought back!

yes. Light was great with Dogs thrown in the middle. i can see that turning up in future jams. Crosseyed through Twist is full of win.

and best first set of the tour.

rowjimmy

Finally listening to this show.
Enjoyed first set but I'm at work so this is not a detailed listen.

The OTS 41v tubes sound solid.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: cactusfan on November 02, 2014, 05:12:27 PM
and best first set of the tour.

Agreed.

This first set, paired with 11/2s second set would've been a monster!
Bring in the dude!

zimbra

I definitely yelled at some guy for wearing a hat during Star Spangled Banner.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

PIE-GUY

Quote from: zimbra on November 04, 2014, 02:16:30 PM
I definitely yelled at BM's brother Matt for wearing a hat during Star Spangled Banner.

Fypfm.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

zimbra

Quote from: PGLHAH on November 04, 2014, 07:20:21 PM
Quote from: zimbra on November 04, 2014, 02:16:30 PM
I definitely yelled at BM's brother Matt for wearing a hat during Star Spangled Banner.

Fypfm.

I yelled at BM during night 1 in the pisser line.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio