News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

11/02 - MGM Grand Arena - Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, November 03, 2014, 03:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

11/02/14
MGM Grand Arena
Las Vegas, NV

I:  Runaway Jim, Foam, Mexican Cousin, Ocelot, Sugar Shack, A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, Halfway to the Moon, Bathtub Gin, Free*, Walls of the Cave*

II:  Chalk Dust Torture > Piper > Theme From the Bottom > Wombat, David Bowie*, The Line, You Enjoy Myself*#

E:  The Moma Dance > Slave to the Traffic Light

*with Martian Monster quotes
#with Trey on megaphone loops, Mike drumming on his fight bell, Trey & Mike running laps around the stage, and all 4 members on Fish's drums

birdman

Fucking happy and fucking healthy!
Oh this YEM. So fucking good!
I love this band.
Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Moma > Slave encore says "We aren't ready to go".

(On paper)

Looks like a sick show.

anthrax

woke up this morning in a fog.  thankful there's no work today.  i feel like i just did 3 nights of phish.  what a blast!  they got into some cool stuff this weekend.  i wish the momentum wasn't going to be interrupted by 2 months off.  maybe the moma>slave says "we need to do longer tours!"

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Incredible fucking show! That second set was IT!

Man I'm wrecked. Phish went 3 for 3 this weekend as far as I'm concerned. Completely differnt band than I had been listening to earlier this fall. They killed it! Vegas baby!
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

listened to this one today.

damn. second set is dynamite. i hope the band that played this weekend sticks around for awhile.

free and walls in the first set were great too.

Caravan2001

Quote from: birdman on November 03, 2014, 03:29:59 AM
Fucking happy and fucking healthy!
Oh this YEM. So fucking good!
I love this band.

Yep.  The only bad thing at all about this weekend is that I only got to see you for 30 seconds.  The rest of everything was top shelf!  They came, they saw, they Destroyed America for the first time in a long time.  :samurai:

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 03, 2014, 04:31:33 PM
Incredible fucking show! That second set was IT!

Man I'm wrecked. Phish went 3 for 3 this weekend as far as I'm concerned. Completely differnt band than I had been listening to earlier this fall. They killed it! Vegas baby!

Glad we go to kick it on 10/31 post show though!  Good times!

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

second set and encore were fiya!
first set was good playing nothing too spectacular.
ASIHTOS was good.
holy yem! thats how its done

WhatstheUse?

Really, the Line was the only downer in this second set. And hey, we all gotta go pee sometime.

Moma encore??? Have they ever done that before!
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Well I just remembered the 12/30/97 BEK... Besides that?
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 04, 2014, 04:48:10 PM

Moma encore??? Have they ever done that before!

Nope...in fact it doesn't show up in a 2nd set all too often and only showed up once in a 3rd set.

Upon relistening a few times, this 2nd set is indeed wonderful.