News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Grateful Dead - Fare Thee Well - July 7/3-7/5 at Soldier Field

Started by Undermind, January 16, 2015, 09:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Don't forget to follow the instructions when doing your envelopes. I'm seeing so many examples out there with killer artwork but they're not putting any of their ticket info on the front and other screw ups.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Superfreakie

Quote from: sophist on January 19, 2015, 08:26:50 AM
I got a room at the ACME hotel.  Just booked my flight too.  I'm only doing 7/3 and 7/4.

Ooof....never miss a Sunday (Dark Star) show.

But glad you're making it out.  :clap: :clap:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mattstick

They added another step for Canada/International orders this morning. Jerks.

sophist

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 19, 2015, 10:24:45 AM
Quote from: sophist on January 19, 2015, 08:26:50 AM
I got a room at the ACME hotel.  Just booked my flight too.  I'm only doing 7/3 and 7/4.

Ooof....never miss a Sunday (Dark Star) show.

But glad you're making it out.  :clap: :clap:
Sunday just isn't in the cards for me, regretfully.  I really want to make it happen, but I'm being super frugal with my cash these days (I'm about halfway to my goal of having a good down payment for a house).  I know come that Sunday when I am boarding a flight and the entry gate to the plane looks like Bazooko -circus, and I'm cursing myself for trying to look "normal" while dealing with TSA, the epiphany will hit that I should have stayed and it would have been worth it. 

I picked up envelopes, stamps, money order, index cards

I'll be decorating my envelope tonight and mailing it out tomorrow. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

emay

Undermind

Kimock with another classy take:

QuoteA Note from SK re: GD 50th
January 18th 2015
Sunday, January 18, 2015

In the wake of the Dead announcing their 50th anniversary plans, I've had the not entirely pleasant experience of hearing my own name come up more than a couple of times in various "passed over" for guitar chair contexts, along with misc. criticisms and second guessing of the band's personnel solution.

I'm a bit disheartened by the negative tone of some of it.

First and foremost, let's take this opportunity to celebrate and acknowledge the enormous musical and cultural contributions of the Grateful Dead, recognize our debt to the positive energy that music and those musicians have graced us with and pay it back in kind.

Secondly and less importantly. .
A trip the size of the Grateful Dead is it's own world and operates according to its own rules. I completely understand their decisions and personally have zero issues with the whole thing.

So let's drop it.

I'll continue to do what I can in service to the music and community in other than this Dead specific context, and will always approach those opportunities with the greatest humility and respect.

I love those guys, that band, that crew, that music, those fans.
They've worked really hard to get this together for everybody, and they deserve our support.

We've all got this one opportunity to help power lift the 50th Anniversary with the boys, be joyful, and reconnect with the energy and community we've been blessed with for so many years.

So, positive vibration.

Each in our own way, and so be it.

Personally, I'm very grateful.

Love, love, love, and nothing but the deepest musical respect towards Phil, Bobby, Mickey, and Bill, who have shown us so much light.

Peace. SK

P.S. Happy Birthday Martin Fierro! Oh, Chut up.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Buffalo Budd

So the reason my wife flipped at my even considering these shows is because we just booked a 2 week family trip to BC in June to visit relatives, surf and do some sight seeing.
I think if I can scrounge up the coin through selling enough records/cards/etc, I may be able to make this happen. I have 2 friends keen on making the drive in which case, I may have to VRBO it in the city. The hotels are just ridiculously priced now. Any areas I should avoid if I do this? Hoping to stay near the loop, seems the closest I can get is in the West, near Wicker park.
And if my friends happen to flake out (always a possibility), I may just fly there. Hope I can swindle my way into some floor space in a Pauger's room or something if that happens.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 19, 2015, 03:02:25 PM
Hope I can swindle my way into some floor space in a Pauger's room or something if that happens.

Some of the french kidz (Canadians you have not met, but do 'paug events) will have floor space in our hotel. I think we have three rooms in the hotel, 10 minute walk from venue.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mattstick

http://gdtstoo.com/GDTSTOOInstru.html

QuoteNew****Please send a seperate money order for fed ex, postal fees and Candian $2.00 Postal Fees.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 19, 2015, 03:21:55 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 19, 2015, 03:02:25 PM
Hope I can swindle my way into some floor space in a Pauger's room or something if that happens.

Some of the french kidz (Canadians you have not met, but do 'paug events) will have floor space in our hotel. I think we have three rooms in the hotel, 10 minute walk from venue.

Thank you SF, if I have to go that route, I would definitely take them up on it.
I'm a decent guest and will chip in on whatever it's costing them.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: mattstick on January 19, 2015, 03:26:23 PM
http://gdtstoo.com/GDTSTOOInstru.html

QuoteNew****Please send a seperate money order for fed ex, postal fees and Candian $2.00 Postal Fees.

My American girlfriend is handling ticket logistics.  :-)

mbw

anthrax

so i put in for 4 floor tickets for each night.  that's $1400 in cash to the post office on saturday morning.  i meticulously followed the directions and have my envelope ready to go out first thing tomorrow.  and i've been staring at it all weekend.  and staring at it.  it's taking over my life.  i had bad dreams about it last night.

after reading the dead's ticket policy, learning a little bit about what happens if a postal money order accidentally gets lost, and looking at these dead.net rinky dink webpages that keep getting updated with new info...there's no way in hell i am mailing out that much money to them!

i just can't bring myself to do it.  i don't trust this system at all.  my 1 little envelope is about to be among thousands of others in a small little post office in stinson beach.  and then it will sit in a room among tens of thousands of others for who knows how long.  chances are i won't hear anything before february 14, just because of the sheer volume of envelopes that are going to be arriving.  every bone in my body is saying NO WAY. 

i'm out for this round.  i'll rely on the presale and ticketmaster.  at least that's guaranteed with my credit card.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?