News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Grateful Dead - Fare Thee Well - July 7/3-7/5 at Soldier Field

Started by Undermind, January 16, 2015, 09:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on May 08, 2015, 12:15:12 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 08, 2015, 09:25:41 AM
Dilemma: to listen to the CA shows before going to Chicago or not. Thinking no.

Seems crazy not to.

Well, if they're bad then I'll go into Chicago kinda unsettled. If they're great then wouldn't it be nice to get surprised and blown away in person?
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 08, 2015, 02:07:10 PM
Quote from: mattstick on May 08, 2015, 12:15:12 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 08, 2015, 09:25:41 AM
Dilemma: to listen to the CA shows before going to Chicago or not. Thinking no.

Seems crazy not to.

Well, if they're bad then I'll go into Chicago kinda unsettled. If they're great then wouldn't it be nice to get surprised and blown away in person?

Once you get to chicago, you won't give a shit.  Listen away!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Caravan2001

I'll be at the beach during the Cal shows, but I will def be streaming them.  Can't wait!  And if they are below par, I will be psyched they got some warm-up before Chi.  My prediction: All 5 shows will be great with one or two being bomb drops.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Jets and the Ritz-Carlton Replace the VW Bus for Grateful Dead Fans
QuoteBy KATHERINE ROSMAN
MAY 14, 2015
Twenty-seven years ago, Adam Cott and a bunch of his buddies climbed into his 1974 white Opel station wagon, which he had bought from a friend of his father's for $100, and drove from New Rochelle to Saratoga Springs, N.Y., to take in a Grateful Dead show.

They drove very slowly the whole way, in part because the car had a hole in the floor. But at least it provided a place to sleep.

Now Mr. Cott is 45, a father and entrepreneur. When he, his wife and his old crew (and their wives) head to Chicago this Fourth of July weekend to see the shows the Grateful Dead are scheduled to perform there, the accommodations will be different.

Instead of sleeping in an old car, his group will crash at the Peninsula hotel. And instead of driving in an old car, or driving at all, the group will be flying in an eight-seat private jet, at a rate of about $4,000 an hour. Their ticket packages cost almost as much, and include V.I.P. access and stadium perks.

More: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/17/fashion/jets-and-the-ritz-carlton-replace-the-vw-bus-for-grateful-dead-fans.html

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 15, 2015, 08:56:57 AM
QuoteBy KATHERINE ROSMAN
MAY 14, 2015
Twenty-seven years ago, Adam Cott and a bunch of his buddies climbed into his 1974 white Opel station wagon, which he had bought from a friend of his father's for $100, and drove from New Rochelle to Saratoga Springs, N.Y., to take in a Grateful Dead show.

They drove very slowly the whole way, in part because the car had a hole in the floor. But at least it provided a place to sleep.

Now Mr. Cott is 45, a father and entrepreneur. When he, his wife and his old crew (and their wives) head to Chicago this Fourth of July weekend to see the shows the Grateful Dead are scheduled to perform there, the accommodations will be different.

Instead of sleeping in an old car, his group will crash at the Peninsula hotel. And instead of driving in an old car, or driving at all, the group will be flying in an eight-seat private jet, at a rate of about $4,000 an hour. Their ticket packages cost almost as much, and include V.I.P. access and stadium perks.

More: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/17/fashion/jets-and-the-ritz-carlton-replace-the-vw-bus-for-grateful-dead-fans.html

Interesting....My bud got a private plane to take folks from Camden to Coventry which was sweet, but not sure I would do it to Chi.  Well, I guess I would if I could these days....

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 15, 2015, 10:12:37 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 15, 2015, 08:56:57 AM
QuoteBy KATHERINE ROSMAN
MAY 14, 2015

Interesting....My bud got a private plane to take folks from Camden to Coventry which was sweet, but not sure I would do it to Chi.  Well, I guess I would if I could these days....

If the cost felt inconsequential, I certainly would do it.
But that's not the case.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Quote from: PGLHAH on June 01, 2015, 08:43:09 PM
Re re on 6/5??

https://mobile.twitter.com/GratefulDead50/status/605520369802473472

Get a load of everyone bitching about it. I wouldn't be surprised if these were TM orders that had to be nixed for some policy reason (e.g. too many orders placed by one card/address) and GD50 has an agreement with TM to sell those tickets, hence why they can't just go to mail-order people.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

If anyone cares to try for tix for me i will gladly pay you back in 10 days.

Thanks.

mistercharlie

Hey, I get paid on the 5th. I'm gonna try for a ticket or two.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mbw on June 01, 2015, 10:59:32 PM
If anyone cares to try for tix for me i will gladly pay you back in 10 days.

Thanks.

Based on what I was reading in that other thread, this might be your last show for say, oh, 5 or 6 years.  I'd try and get a ticket.

emay

mattstick

Will stores (specifically record stores) be open in Chicago on July 6?

mattstick