News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

True Detective

Started by emay, April 23, 2015, 04:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

For the haters (NSFW)

I enjoyed this week's ep.
It's coming into focus.

emay

Enjoyed last night's episode
Def need to revisit the character list cuz I had no idea who they were talking about when they were discussing who killed Kasper

blatboom

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

emay

This article is extremely helpful and explains pretty much the whole season 2, makes me respect it more to have this many intertwining storylines and stuff but also makes it pretty hard to follow.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/08/03/true_detective_season_two_a_guide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html

zimbra

I haven't started season 2 yet (no HBOGo)...therefore, does anybody know/have a way I can get my hands on season 2? I checked Amazon and no such luck.  I don't pay for cable so I normally just buy the season for $25 on Amazon and stream it via Roku on Monday nights after I make dinner.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mbw

This flowchart really helps breakdown what is going on:

GBL

Quote from: mbw on August 01, 2015, 02:03:40 AM
The season finale is coming up and i don't even know what we are supposed to be waiting to find out.  Who killed the Casper guy? Who cares?

This pretty much sums up my viewpoint about this season as well..

Haven't watched the last four weeks until last night (binged watched) and still am wondering what I'm waiting for?
If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Can't say I didn't see this ending basically the way it went down but there was at least one surprising yet inconsequential twist.

Soft season two but I hope he gets a third. Tighter scripting and shrewder casting could have helped this one a lot. Hopefully he'll get the message for the next.

emay

Yeah I pretty much expected that ending.
Oh well was still entertaining.

mehead

Watching the same conversation between Frank and his woman, every damn week, was brutal.  Enough already. 
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

Quote from: mehead on August 10, 2015, 09:51:46 AM
Watching the same conversation between Frank and his woman, every damn week, was brutal.  Enough already.

This.

His script must have been copied and pasted about ten times from earlier to later episodes.
Every scene with him was frustrated has no money > wife tries to comfort him > who killed kasper > hes bitchin he has no money.
Dude needs to eat a xanax

rowjimmy

Quote from: mehead on August 10, 2015, 09:51:46 AM

Can't argue with that.