News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Democratic Primary Thread

Started by Undermind, May 01, 2015, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

OH SHIT. I CANT BELIEVE THEY OPENED WITH "DONALD TRUMP, ARE YOU IN FACT AN ASSHOLE."
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mehead

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 06, 2015, 09:02:44 PM
Apparently Carly Fiorina crushed the JV debate.

Time for the shitshow Main Event.

Some godawful casual banter between the moderators a min ago. If this debate is as exciting as that, I'm not gonna be able to take it.

Rubio's ears are fucking huge
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

runawayjimbo

runawayjimbo

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 06, 2015, 11:10:42 PM
What happened I blacked out.

From what I gathered, they don't like Obamacare.  At least I think thats what they were getting at?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mbw on August 07, 2015, 12:09:06 AM

From what I gathered, they don't like Obamacare.  At least I think thats what they were getting at?

Obama-care? Never heard of it.

Also, immigrants.

But God tho.

ytowndan

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 07, 2015, 12:25:03 AM
Quote from: mbw on August 07, 2015, 12:09:06 AM

Obama-care? Never heard of it.

Also, immigrants.

But God tho.

Obamacare = Replace it! (with ... something)

Immigration = Build a wall!

God = He wants this for us!

Taxes = They're the worst!

ISIS = Hide your kids!  Hide your wife!

The Military = It's weak tea!

Rosie O'Donnell = Disgusting animal!

That was about it. 

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

runawayjimbo

Looks like our long national nightmare may soon come to an end.

@Mediaite: Trump on Megyn Kelly: 'Blood Coming Out of Her Eyes, Blood Coming Out of Her... Wherever' http://t.co/n3DZzEmSnu VIDEO http://t.co/

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 07, 2015, 10:27:37 PM

@Mediaite: Trump on Megyn Kelly: 'Blood Coming Out of Her Eyes, Blood Coming Out of Her... Wherever' http://t.co/n3DZzEmSnu VIDEO http://t.co/

I dont get it.  Are you saying that Trump making a rediculous, sexist statement is going to bury him? 

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mbw on August 10, 2015, 05:10:53 PM

I dont get it.  Are you saying that Trump making a rediculous, sexist statement is going to bury him?

Yes. I think when someone makes a "she's on the rag" joke - especially when that joke is used to explain why the big mean reporter lady was so mean to him - that person is not going to be president. It doesn't mean he's (necessarily) going to go away anytime soon. But I think it's pretty clear he's not going to be taken "seriously" anymore. And you can see it already: all the tough guy GOP candidates were out talking about what a disgrace he is yesterday and today whereas before they were too afraid to mention him.

A lot of people today pointing to this poll showing Trump's support has surged post-debate (even including period-gate). But it's an online poll which is ripe for manipulation and notoriously suspect in terms of predictability. Dude will very soon be the laughing stock he so rightly deserves to be.

Meanwhile, Martin O'Malley (who?) is not happy about the debate schedule the DNC announced last week.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/martin-omalley-erupts-on-debate-schedule-what-the-hell-kind

Martin O'Malley Erupts On Debate Schedule: "What The Hell Kind Of Democratic Party Is This?"
"We shouldn't be a party that's afraid to talk about America's role in the world and the lessons we've learned from these last very hard 14 to 15 years of conflict."

Democratic presidential candidate and former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley criticized his party's debate schedule on Monday, calling the format of six debates a "sad state of affairs."

"I think that having more debates would certainly have all of the candidates take positions on issues,"O'Malley said in an interview with Boston Herald Radio. O'Malley is positioning himself as a progressive alternative to Hillary Clinton, but is currently polling below 2% nationally.

"I've been very clear where I stand on Wall Street reform," he added. "I've been clear about my plan to make sure that a debt-free college degree is something that's within the means of every family in the United States, and I've been very clear about wanting to move, and putting out a plan to move our country to a 100 percent clean electric grid by 2050."

Last Thursday, the Democratic National Committee announced the party will hold six primary debates. O'Malley slammed what he said was the DNC trying to stifle debate.

"And as the Democratic Party, I think it's a sad state of affairs when the DNC — it tries to insert itself to cut off a Democratic debate," he said. "We should not be a party that's afraid to talk about the ideas that will get wages going up again instead of down. We shouldn't be a party that's afraid to talk about America's role in the world and the lessons we've learned from these last very hard 14 to 15 years of conflict."

"We have better solutions for the future than the other party has and I think we're making a huge mistake," he continued. "If we cut off debate, if we tell the people of New Hampshire that we've become such an impoverished party that we can only afford one debate before the New Hampshire primary, what the hell kind of Democratic Party is this?

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, another underdog for the Democratic presidential nomination, also criticized the debate schedule in an interview Sunday.

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 10, 2015, 05:45:10 PM
Quote from: mbw on August 10, 2015, 05:10:53 PM

Yes. I think when someone makes a "she's on the rag" joke - especially when that joke is used to explain why the big mean reporter lady was so mean to him - that person is not going to be president. It doesn't mean he's (necessarily) going to go away anytime soon. But I think it's pretty clear he's not going to be taken "seriously" anymore. And you can see it already: all the tough guy GOP candidates were out talking about what a disgrace he is yesterday and today whereas before they were too afraid to mention him.

A lot of people today pointing to this poll showing Trump's support has surged post-debate (even including period-gate). But it's an online poll which is ripe for manipulation and notoriously suspect in terms of predictability. Dude will very soon be the laughing stock he so rightly deserves to be.

meh.  all is he needs to do is tone down the misogyny and amp back up the racism and he'll be fine. oh wait i forgot, the hatred of obama has nothing to do with republicans being racist.  actually, he doesn't even need to tone down the misogyny, his 'only rosie o'donnell' comment referring to women as pigs and dogs got big applause and laughter.  these fucking assholes love it.  i mean c'mon, somebody is doing the raping!