News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Democratic Primary Thread

Started by Undermind, May 01, 2015, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundo

Undermind

Hillary was very smooth and polished.   But I am not voting for a geenie lamp personally.  I think Bernie did great and was actually surprised with how much I like O'Malley.  Mainstream media has obviously picked their winner.  Just hope Bernie's grassroots movement can overcome all that BS.

http://mediaequalizer.com/brian-maloney/2015/10/fuming-bernie-supporters-why-is-cnn-deleting-our-comments

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

mbw

Quote from: mbw on September 13, 2015, 09:49:14 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 13, 2015, 09:15:08 PM
Quote from: mbw on September 13, 2015, 07:05:02 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 10, 2015, 05:45:10 PM
Quote from: mbw on August 10, 2015, 05:10:53 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 07, 2015, 10:27:37 PM
Looks like our long national nightmare may soon come to an end.

@Mediaite: Trump on Megyn Kelly: 'Blood Coming Out of Her Eyes, Blood Coming Out of Her... Wherever' http://t.co/n3DZzEmSnu VIDEO http://t.co/

I dont get it.  Are you saying that Trump making a ridiculous, sexist statement is going to bury him?

Yes. I think when someone makes a "she's on the rag" joke - especially when that joke is used to explain why the big mean reporter lady was so mean to him - that person is not going to be president. It doesn't mean he's (necessarily) going to go away anytime soon. But I think it's pretty clear he's not going to be taken "seriously" anymore. And you can see it already: all the tough guy GOP candidates were out talking about what a disgrace he is yesterday and today whereas before they were too afraid to mention him.

A lot of people today pointing to this poll showing Trump's support has surged post-debate (even including period-gate). But it's an online poll which is ripe for manipulation and notoriously suspect in terms of predictability. Dude will very soon be the laughing stock he so rightly deserves to be.

phew.  gotta hand it to you, you were right on the money.  i take back all the things i said about the majority of republicans being xenophobic, racist and misogynist.  i am happy that this remark followed by even more outrageous remarks finally made the republican base say enough is enough and the donald is all but a memory now.  now they can focus on real candidates like another bush or maybe ted cruz.

LOL

Good to know that when I said "not any time soon" you interpreted that as "1 month or GTFO." Although I'm sure Newt Gingrich, Mike Huckabee, Herman Cain, and Rick Santorum all wish the political calendar progressed on your expedited schedule.

Donald Trump will not be the GOP nominee. He represents frustration with politics as usual; he's basically a Bizzaro version of your boy Bern. So while it's easy for people to tell a pollster over the phone 5 months before the first primaries that yes, they do in fact support Trump, when it comes down to, you know, actually voting, issues end up mattering to people. And while the GOP base may in fact be as virulently anti-immigrant as Trump (again, much like a certain Independent Senator running for the Democratic nomination), I am quite confident that the Republican voters for which you hold so much disdain will not make Trump their nominee because he has no issue that he cares about other than himself.

If I were you, I would be way more concerned about Ben Carson. He also can tap into the anti-establishment fervor and he is basing his tax plan on the Bible. He is pretty much running for president because he is convinced Jesus told him to. That kind of zealotry scares the shit out of me. And, unlike the Donald, he may actually have the political acumen to put together some wins. But of course, you will write him off because you are certain the GOP would never, EVER, vote for the black man. (I agree with you that he has a tough road but IMO it is because of the inevitability of the establishment not the color of his skin).

thanks for more quote canon fodder.  i will check back in in a month.   :-D

ok, ok, you were right.  I can't believe there was actually a time Trump was the front runner, until he said something sexist and the Republican voters finally dismissed him.  I mean, the blatant racism was one thing, but an on the rag joke?!  I'm glad you were right.

QuoteAnd while the GOP base may in fact be as virulently anti-immigrant as Trump (again, much like a certain Independent Senator running for the Democratic nomination)

wait, did I miss you stating that Sanders is virulently anti-Immigrant?

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mbw on October 15, 2015, 12:48:06 PM
ok, ok, you were right.  I can't believe there was actually a time Trump was the front runner, until he said something sexist and the Republican voters finally dismissed him.  I mean, the blatant racism was one thing, but an on the rag joke?!  I'm glad you were right.

Like I said, talk to me when he starts winning primaries.

Yup

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/29/9048401/bernie-sanders-open-borders
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 16, 2015, 12:35:37 PM

Yup

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/29/9048401/bernie-sanders-open-borders

lulz.  yeah, thats the same.  c'mon, you're better than that.

i had one fucking wish; I sent emails, tweeted, yelled out my window, said prayers....  Don't fucking dance on Ellen, Bernie!
dammit.

runawayjimbo

Woah, Bernie AND Lawrence Lessig on Maher tonight? That debate should be more interesting than the other night.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 16, 2015, 09:42:12 PM
Woah, Bernie AND Lawrence Lessig on Maher tonight? That debate should be more interesting than the other night.

I can't wait to hear Bernie spout off on some anti-immigrant shit like, "we should have a reasonable policy."
Can't believe he said that shit!

rowjimmy

Quote from: mbw on October 16, 2015, 10:27:19 PM

I can't wait to hear Bernie spout off on some anti-immigrant shit like, "we should have a reasonable policy."

Definitely a monster.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 16, 2015, 11:08:29 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 16, 2015, 10:27:19 PM

Definitely a monster.

I mean clearly, the only two options are either a 2000 mile wall to keep out the rapists, or a complete fucking free-for-all.

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged