News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Democratic Primary Thread

Started by Undermind, May 01, 2015, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Funniest shit I've seen in a long time: Jeb! forgot to renew his domain, so Trump bought it and redirected it to his site. The guy may be a delusional, self-absorbed maniac, but he may just be the internet's greatest troll.

www.jebbush.com
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: runawayjimbo on February 16, 2016, 01:46:17 PM
Funniest shit I've seen in a long time: Jeb! forgot to renew his domain, so Trump bought it and redirected it to his site. The guy may be a delusional, self-absorbed maniac, but he may just be the internet's greatest troll.

www.jebbush.com

I saw that this morning, he's pissing people off everywhere he turns.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Troll level = MASTER

https://berniesanders.com/press-release/sanders-accepts-clintons-challenge-on-wall-street-speeches/

Sanders Accepts Clinton's Challenge on Wall Street Speeches

ELKO, Nev. – U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders' campaign on Friday urged Hillary Clinton to keep her word and release the transcripts of speeches she gave to Wall Street firms "when everybody else does."

"Sen. Sanders accepts Clinton's challenge. He will release all of the transcripts of all of his Wall Street speeches. That's easy. The fact is, there weren't any. Bernie gave no speeches to Wall Street firms. He wasn't paid anything while Secretary Clinton made millions, including $675,000 for three paid speeches to Goldman Sachs," said Sanders' spokesman Michael Briggs.

"So now we hope Secretary Clinton keeps her word and releases the transcripts of her speeches. We hope she agrees that the American people deserve to know what she told Wall Street behind closed doors," Briggs added.

Clinton was paid $21.7 million in fees for speeches to groups including Wall Street firms, big corporations and trade associations for 92 talks she delivered from 2013 through last April in the run-up to formally launching her second presidential bid.

A question about what she said in those speeches was raised on Thursday during an MSNBC-Telemundo town hall in Las Vegas. A questioner in the audience asked her about why she won't release the transcripts. Clinton said she would hand over her speech transcripts if other public officials did the same. "I'm happy to release anything I have when everybody else does the same," Clinton said. Sanders is "everybody else" in the Democratic presidential field of candidates.

During a Feb. 4 Democratic presidential debate, Clinton was asked if she would release the transcripts of all her paid speeches. "I will look into it. I don't know the status, but I will certainly look into it," she said at the time.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

mehead

Quote from: runawayjimbo on February 19, 2016, 03:49:59 PM
Troll level = MASTER

https://berniesanders.com/press-release/sanders-accepts-clintons-challenge-on-wall-street-speeches/

Sanders Accepts Clinton's Challenge on Wall Street Speeches

ELKO, Nev. – U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders' campaign on Friday urged Hillary Clinton to keep her word and release the transcripts of speeches she gave to Wall Street firms "when everybody else does."

"Sen. Sanders accepts Clinton's challenge. He will release all of the transcripts of all of his Wall Street speeches. That's easy. The fact is, there weren't any. Bernie gave no speeches to Wall Street firms. He wasn't paid anything while Secretary Clinton made millions, including $675,000 for three paid speeches to Goldman Sachs," said Sanders' spokesman Michael Briggs.

"So now we hope Secretary Clinton keeps her word and releases the transcripts of her speeches. We hope she agrees that the American people deserve to know what she told Wall Street behind closed doors," Briggs added.

Clinton was paid $21.7 million in fees for speeches to groups including Wall Street firms, big corporations and trade associations for 92 talks she delivered from 2013 through last April in the run-up to formally launching her second presidential bid.

A question about what she said in those speeches was raised on Thursday during an MSNBC-Telemundo town hall in Las Vegas. A questioner in the audience asked her about why she won't release the transcripts. Clinton said she would hand over her speech transcripts if other public officials did the same. "I'm happy to release anything I have when everybody else does the same," Clinton said. Sanders is "everybody else" in the Democratic presidential field of candidates.

During a Feb. 4 Democratic presidential debate, Clinton was asked if she would release the transcripts of all her paid speeches. "I will look into it. I don't know the status, but I will certainly look into it," she said at the time.

This so-called issue is beyond irrelevant.  Bernie losing Nevada is the beginning of the end.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

It's relevant-ish. It's certainly fair to wonder what kind of things Hillary Clinton, who claims to be tougher on Wall St. than Bernie (lol), actually says to Wall St. banks when she talks to them.

Also, her answer is lame. Either say "that's none of your business" or show some leadership by releasing your transcripts first.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

Quote from: VDB on February 21, 2016, 04:30:21 PM
It's relevant-ish. It's certainly fair to wonder what kind of things Hillary Clinton, who claims to be tougher on Wall St. than Bernie (lol), actually says to Wall St. banks when she talks to them.

Also, her answer is lame. Either say "that's none of your business" or show some leadership by releasing your transcripts first.

It's irrelevant in the sense that will have zero impact on the race. Zero.

mbw

Quote from: mehead on February 21, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
Bernie losing Nevada is the beginning of the end.

what bullshit brainwashing media do you get your info from?

runawayjimbo

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on February 22, 2016, 04:59:44 PM
Quote from: mbw on February 22, 2016, 04:53:39 PM
Quote from: mehead on February 21, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
Bernie losing Nevada is the beginning of the end.

what bullshit brainwashing media do you get your info from?

Riiight.  Hillary so far has a tie, an epic loss, and a barely eeked out win.  They are tied for delegates.  Bernie might as well hang it up!  Its all over now, baby blue!

Eta:  that wasnt meant as a personal jab at mehead.  Its just the same narrative i hear spewed from all the talking heads and its total crap.

mehead

He got crushed in Nevada with minorities and it's only going to get worse in the south. And Hillary is going to get the vast majority of the super delegates, which is huge. Win, tie, barely lost, whatever. Doesn't matter. It's about the delegates. Calling it like I see it.

And Hillary is actually ahead of Sanders in delegates right now 502-70.

VDB

Hillary's presumed (and sometimes demonstrated) strong lead with minorities does puzzle me. On the issues you'd think Sanders should be their guy. That's especially with respect to criminal justice reform which, let's face it, we in the U.S.A. do a pretty good job of wielding like a blunt instrument against dark-skinned people and, far as I can tell, Bernie speaks much more genuinely about than Hillary.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

Quote from: mehead on February 22, 2016, 06:39:48 PM
He got crushed in Nevada with minorities and it's only going to get worse in the south. And Hillary is going to get the vast majority of the super delegates, which is huge. Win, tie, barely lost, whatever. Doesn't matter. It's about the delegates. Calling it like I see it.

time to fess up.  you're chris matthews, aren't you?

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on February 01, 2016, 09:12:41 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 16, 2015, 12:35:37 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 15, 2015, 12:48:06 PM
ok, ok, you were right.  I can't believe there was actually a time Trump was the front runner, until he said something sexist and the Republican voters finally dismissed him.  I mean, the blatant racism was one thing, but an on the rag joke?!  I'm glad you were right.

Like I said, talk to me when he starts winning primaries.

OK, now I'm starting to get a little nervous...

c'mon, you can say it......

"I

Was

Wrong."

try it, it doesn't hurt.

mehead

Quote from: mbw on February 22, 2016, 07:46:37 PM
Quote from: mehead on February 22, 2016, 06:39:48 PM

time to fess up.  you're chris matthews, aren't you?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard