News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Democratic Primary Thread

Started by Undermind, May 01, 2015, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Sorry, bro.  The thought occurred to me and I had to share it.  You know, misery loves company.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

ytowndan

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/25/im_not_a_superpredator_hillary_black_lives_matter_protestors_crash_clinton_south_carolina_fundraiser/

Her "firewall" might start to crumble after the way she handled that.

It's probably too late for SC but, if this goes viral, it might help Sanders big time (especially in the south).

VDB

I just caught about 10-15 minutes of Trump's televised rally from Hunstville, Alabama.

Wow. He's all over the place, just stream-of-conscious left and right, throwing in random applause lines when he feels like he needs to give the crowd a shot of energy from time to time. Constant belittling of his opponents (especially "Little Rubio") and the media -- this, by the way, after he lamented how "nasty" other people had been getting of late. Also, there were at least three interruptions by protestors in the short time that I watched. I can only imagine what it would look like if this guy is still campaigning until November.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

ytowndan

He managed to do in one segment what the entire MSM should have been doing for months.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: ytowndan on February 29, 2016, 05:29:43 PM
He managed to do in one segment what the entire MSM should have been doing for months.

That was exactly what I was thinking.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: ytowndan on February 29, 2016, 05:29:43 PM

It's almost like they had a vested interest in keeping the circus going. Weird.

ETA:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/les-moonves-donald-trump_us_56d52ce8e4b03260bf780275

CBS Chief Les Moonves Says Trump's 'Damn Good' For Business
"Sorry. It's a terrible thing to say. But, bring it on, Donald. Keep going."

There's a reason why Donald Trump gets more minutes during almost every debate or can seemingly call into "The Late Show" or "The View" whenever he has a racist remark and expect the media to do whatever he likes. According to the head of CBS, the foul-mouthed presidential candidate is "damn good" for the network and the "money's rolling in" thanks to his antics.

Les Moonves, executive chairman and CEO of CBS, made the comments during a speech at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom Conference in San Francisco, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

"I've never seen anything like this, and this going to be a very good year for us," he said at the event. "Sorry. It's a terrible thing to say. But, bring it on, Donald. Keep going."

The outlet notes Moonves said ad sales this season have been particularly strong, partly due to an election cycle rapt with attacks and "bomb throwing" that keeps Americans interested.

"It may not be good for America, but it's damn good for CBS," he said.

His comments reflect an ongoing media blitz that revels in lambasting the xenophobic, racist and often false comments Trump makes, but outlets still opt to put him on the air. The Huffington Post's Michael Calderone noted in September that the business mogul has long been afforded the privilege of calling in to many political programs.

Some members of the media have also been chastised for being too soft on the candidate, who's been known to throw tantrums over negative coverage and threaten to blacklist reporters.

Other Republican candidates, including Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), have struggled to keep up. The New York Times noted that the Florida senator has ramped up the mudslinging in an effort to scrounge some of the aggression -- and subsequent media salivation -- for himself.

It appears to be working. CNN and Fox have both broken debate ratings records this election season and Trump's polling numbers are already crushing Mitt Romney's from 2012.

mbw

I was about to say I can't believe Trump said he had a big dick live on TV, but of course I can.

VDB

This is thoroughly entertaining.

Poor John Kasich.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: VDB on March 03, 2016, 10:43:28 PM
This is thoroughly entertaining.

Poor John Kasich.

This is your bi-monthly reminder that the "only adult in the room" opposed marriage equality and same-sex adoption, wants to put boots on the ground to "wipe out, degrade and destroy" ISIS, and would be every bit as bad as AG Fat Ass on the War on Drugs.

Look, I know he seems sane compared to the rest of the clowns on that stage, but in reality his interventionism would be a neocon's wet dream.

Also, this election is the worst election ever.

JPhishman

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 04, 2016, 08:51:59 AM
this election is the worst election ever.

This x 1000.

8 solid months to go.  :|
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

runawayjimbo

Quote from: JPhishman on March 04, 2016, 10:46:14 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 04, 2016, 08:51:59 AM
this election is the worst election ever.

This x 1000.

8 solid months to go.  :|

It's cool, I'm sure the Trump v. Hillary general will be much more substantive.

sls.stormyrider

right

I can see it now

Trump tweeting - so what was Hillary really doing when Bill was getting BJs from Monica?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."