News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Democratic Primary Thread

Started by Undermind, May 01, 2015, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: slslbs on March 04, 2016, 03:09:54 PM
right

I can see it now

Trump tweeting - so what was Hillary really doing when Bill was getting BJs from Monica?

Tweeting? I fully expect him to parade some of Bill's lady friends up on stage with him. And it's not like Hillary doesn't know how to fight dirty either. It's gonna be a shitshow.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

ytowndan

Do you really think Trump will continue to act like this after the primary?  This guy is a master at pandering, and right now he needs the mouth breathers.  I bet he settles way down after the convention when he realizes he is at the point where he needs more than angry white dudes. 

But who knows.  Feel free to call me out in August when he punches an elderly Hispanic woman.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mbw

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mbw on March 09, 2016, 04:37:29 AM

About that...

Quote@williamjordann
Per exits polls, roughly 92,000 Democrats voted in the Republican primary (7%). Bernie won by by about 18,500 votes.

mbw

That shit gets no play in Chicago, Donald.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 16, 2015, 10:02:46 PM
Marco Rubio isn't qualified to be a household joke.

Now he might be qualified for that much.

Hicks

Ugh, it would be nice if people voted in favor of their own best interests for a change.   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on March 15, 2016, 09:24:50 PM
Ugh, it would be nice if people voted in favor of their own best interests for a change.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Yes. But why change now?

I'd be curious to see turnout numbers for FL.

runawayjimbo

And you know what that is better than they do?

kellerb

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 15, 2016, 09:49:55 PM

You know I smoked cigarettes for 15 years or so.  Those were not votes in my best interest and yet I continued to vote that way for a long time

Hicks

Minorities voting for Drumpf and Clinton are absolutely fucking themselves, no two ways about it. 

Bernie represents the interests of all working class Americans, he's dedicated his entire life to it. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: kellerb on March 15, 2016, 10:19:13 PM

You know I smoked cigarettes for 15 years or so.  Those were not votes in my best interest and yet I continued to vote that way for a long time

That analogy is weaker than your legs when Mike starts dropping DwD bombs.  :-P

Quote from: Hicks on March 15, 2016, 10:23:19 PM

Minorities voting for Drumpf and Clinton are absolutely fucking themselves, no two ways about it. 

Bernie represents the interests of all working class Americans, he's dedicated his entire life to it. 

I don't doubt that Hillary would be worse than Bernie re Drug War, which is the single biggest issue that could help reduce racial disparities in the criminal justice system. But on other domestic policies - which are largely outside the control of the executive - they're pretty much a push. At least in their campaign promises which we all agree are worth jack shit. Plus, while Bill was called "the first black president," Bernie has had a obviously difficult time connecting with African Americans. But that doesn't mean they are voting against their interests or are too stupid to know the difference (as your original statement implied).

As for the "all working class Americans," well, you know that can't possibly be true, right? Maybe some of them aren't as cool with having their taxes raised as you are?

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 15, 2016, 10:49:03 PM
Quote from: kellerb on March 15, 2016, 10:19:13 PM

That analogy is weaker than your legs when Mike starts dropping DwD bombs.  :-P

Quote from: Hicks on March 15, 2016, 10:23:19 PM

I don't doubt that Hillary would be worse than Bernie re Drug War, which is the single biggest issue that could help reduce racial disparities in the criminal justice system. But on other domestic policies - which are largely outside the control of the executive - they're pretty much a push. At least in their campaign promises which we all agree are worth jack shit. Plus, while Bill was called "the first black president," Bernie has had a obviously difficult time connecting with African Americans. But that doesn't mean they are voting against their interests or are too stupid to know the difference (as your original statement implied).

As for the "all working class Americans," well, you know that can't possibly be true, right? Maybe some of them aren't as cool with having their taxes raised as you are?

A 2% tax increase in exchange for free healthcare and college is no push, it would be a huge victory for all Americans. 

I think black voters just aren't familiar with Bernie and his policies, that doesn't mean they are stupid, just that they aren't making the most informed decision.   Sadly Hillary can coast to a victory on the basis of brand loyalty, even though I don't think her politics are necessarily the same as Bill's.  It's s bit of a bait and switch, Democrats think they'll get the Clintons of the 90s when unfortunately that ship has sailed and been replaced by a far more corporate friendly version of governance.