News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/04 - Ascend Amphitheater - Nashville, TN - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, August 04, 2015, 11:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

08-04-2015
Ascend Amphitheater
Nashville, TN

I: Free, No Men in No Man's Land, Wolfman's Brother, 555, Birds of a Feather, Funky Bitch, When the Circus Comes to Town, Stash, Lawn Boy, Walls of the Cave

II: Golden Age > Light > Shade, Mike's Song* > Piper^ -> Crosseyed & Painless -> Weekapaug Groove#

E: Slave to the Traffic Light

* with 2nd jam
^ slowish intro
# with C&P quotes

Streams: www.livephish.com

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Hicks

Heard only a couple parts, but they were good, really enjoyed the weird slow Paug to close the set.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

zimbra

I only caught the second set but really enjoyed it, especially the Mikes Groove.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

McGrupp

Quote from: PGLHAH on August 05, 2015, 12:32:24 AM
"2nd jam" in mikes? Dies that mean what I think it means????

Kind of.

You'll have to listen back.

It was minor tonight and the 2nd jam is usually major...

That said, it was the first time they had hit that jam in quite a while. Def fun.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

PIE-GUY

Ok. Listening now. Honestly i should be in the dizzunk threader. But yeah, second jam is cool and all but who gives a fuck? This week4 Paug owns. Ser business. Paug 4TW!!

Best Paug in years.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 05, 2015, 02:24:51 AM
Second mikes jam?!?!

Really! I feel like there should be a LTP notation at the bottom of the setlist.

When was the last 2nd Mike's jam?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

In the middle of Mike's they come near "The Haunted House" but also equally near "Electric Funeral" but neither are properly teased.

Overall, good show.
I think I even like Shade.

The 2nd Jam never really closes the way Mike's is supposed to but I think it still counts.

1st set starts and stays upbeat, funky, rocking' through to WTCCTT which is in the 7hole so that's a solid stretch of dancing to open. then a Stash that was OK to good but not the big one by any means. Page called out Mike's Side on Lawn Bow and the Walls was great. the ending included some see RAWK. Check it out.

Golden Age > Light was good and probably uplifting if you're into that sort of thing. Neither went too deep. Shade, as I mentioned I kinda like. I expect it to get smoother and better.
The Mike's groove was good. 2nd jam as mentioned above or it could be labeled Mike's Song > Jam, Piper. Your choice. Piper > Crosseyed was cool and the '>' to Weekapaug was solid.
Slave guided me into the office nicely after a shit drive in.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 05, 2015, 07:04:18 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 05, 2015, 02:24:51 AM
Second mikes jam?!?!

Really! I feel like there should be a LTP notation at the bottom of the setlist.

When was the last 2nd Mike's jam?

Sounded like a second jam to me last night but then, I shoulda been in the drizzunk thread with PG. Looking forward to giving that whole set a relisten.

According to scottyb last night, last 2nd jam was 07-14-2000.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

This cat played Trey a Mike's 2nd Jam transition yesterday at 6:13pm:

https://twitter.com/drewphish/status/628690333229023232

Quote from: @drewphish
I just played Trey the transition into the 2nd jam of the 7/14/00 Mike's Song to refresh his memory. The rest is in God's hands. #phish

emay

I think this second set is the best set of tour so far.
I listened to it while pretty drunk and high last night but was raginggggg in my living room with my roommate.
That set was unexpected, 2nd jam in mikes!!!!! that crosseyed > paug is some of the highest energy playing I have heard in a while too.
Almost machine gun trey-ish
First set looks fun, they are on a good roll here. Reallllly excited for next weeekend!!

emay