News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/07 - Blossom Music Center - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, August 07, 2015, 11:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

08-07-2015
Blossom Music Center
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I:  A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, My Sweet One, Wilson, Timber, Roses*, Rift, The Moma Dance, Ginseng Sullivan, Wingsuit, It's Ice, Bathtub Gin

II:  Chalkdust Torture>Tweezer>Lizards>Makisupa Policeman>Ghost>Harry Hood>Tweezer Reprise

E:  Good Times, Bad Times

* http://www.jambase.com/Articles/126064/Phish-Guitarist-Trey-Anastasio-Makes-Plea-For-Return-Of-Ween

anthrax

that was a great show, leaving in the morning for alpine  :rockout: :banana:

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

Reading a book and listening to this Chalk Dust. I saw Jambase or somebody mentioned the Providence Bowie in their write up and it's on point. They get into the same almost-but-not-at-all progression of one of my favorite passages from that Bowie.  Anyway, this one gets my approval.

emay

Trey asking ween to get back together was priceless! And I hope they take his advice!!

They are on Fire!
Another good show! Heard very good things about cdt> tweez

rowjimmy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 08, 2015, 12:34:19 AM
Trey asking ween to get back together was priceless! And I hope they take his advice!!

They are on Fire!
Another good show! Heard very good things about cdt> tweez
Believe those good things.

Hicks

Watched the webcast of the second set at a bar, all killer no filler. 

Tweezer stretched out nicely, Lizards was on point, the best Trey has played it in recent memory.  Makisupa was fun with vape lyrics, and good to see for the first time this year.  I guess it hasn't been played since the "kush bush" extravaganza in AC?  Crazy.   After a missed attempt the segue into Ghost was smooth.  Ghost, while short, was a particularly raging version.

That this show was probably the third or fourth (or maybe even fifth?) best show of the tour shows how on fire they've been. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Itsnotanexperience

Good to see/hear - anxious to check this out!  Jams a plenty...

mattstick

Didn't pay attention to the first set until It's Ice (funked up) and Gin (pumped up), second set was nails.

susep

Quote from: mattstick on August 08, 2015, 07:27:19 AM

Didn't pay attention to the first set until It's Ice (funked up) and Gin (pumped up), second set was nails.

ditto here, got onto the stream as Ice began, sick jam.  Second set was indeed the heat.  It sounded like they ended Chalk Dust but kept playing ala the jam after Mike's from 4Aug.   Tweezer too was a nice jam fest.  In Chalk Dust towards the end of the post jam they hit some Quadrophonic Topplings spaces w/ CK hitting the green lights appropriately. 
Ghost was a nice version, Trey was digging in deep w/ single note bends ala SRV in Riviera Paradise.  The funk that followed was tasty as well.  I faded out during the Hood jam. 

runawayjimbo

Quote from: susep on August 08, 2015, 08:14:28 AM
Quote from: mattstick on August 08, 2015, 07:27:19 AM

ditto here, got onto the stream as Ice began, sick jam.  Second set was indeed the heat.  It sounded like they ended Chalk Dust but kept playing ala the jam after Mike's from 4Aug.  Really nice improv.  Tweezer too was a nice jam fest.  I forget which of the two however they hit some Quadrophonic Topplings spaces w/ CK hitting the green lights appropriately. 
Ghost was a nice version, Trey was digging in deep w/ single note bends ala SRV in Riviera Paradise.  The funk that followed was tasty as well.  I faded out during the Hood jam, pumped to re-watch set II this am.  This tour continues to impress.   

Oh yeah, forgot about the on demand. Might have to cue that up too.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Multibeast12

Very excited to rock this on my way to the horse track to gamble!!

blatboom

listening now and really enjoyed set I but the snails pace of things like Weekapaug and now Chalk Dust these days is excruciating. look forward to the jam still

mistercharlie

To me it sounds like Trey is playing For The Love of Money by The O'Jays during the Ice jam.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.