News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2015-2016

Started by PIE-GUY, August 13, 2015, 11:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

I don't want to hear it... Our season is over... Might as well tank it...

Drew Brees runs into law of NFL injury averages, only adds to Saints' 2015 crossroad season: Larry Holder

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees had to suspect the law of NFL injury averages might have caught up with him once the sputtering 26-19 loss to Tampa Bay on Sunday ended. Maybe even in the first half.

Brees suffered a hit on his right arm on a sack-fumble by the Bucs' Jacquies Smith early in the second quarter. He got up and tried to shake it off. That didn't happen.

His play noticeably dwindled. Everyone in the building knew Brees was playing hurt. He knew it. He admitted it. And now, we'll have to see how the Saints and Brees deal with the injury.

Brees will miss "some games" and possibly several games after taking the shot to the arm, according to the NFL Network. ESPN is reporting Brees' playing status going forward will depend on how Brees responds to treatment as an MRI revealed Brees avoided a serious shoulder injury.

The Saints didn't want to comment about the reports of the severity of the injury Monday afternoon, but not even injury ninja Sean Payton hid the fact Brees was injured.

Regardless of the condition, Brees is in serious danger of missing time with the Saints for the first time in his 10-year career.

Peyton Manning missed an entire season with a neck injury. Tom Brady tore his ACL in Week 1 and ended his 2008 season after Week 1. Aaron Rodgers missed seven games in 2013 with a shoulder injury.

Brees has been a rare breed. It's been nearly 10 years since Brees missed a game because of an injury.

Brees managed to avoid missing any playing time with a near-miraculous return from a completely torn labrum and partially torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder in the final game of the 2005 season. He played Week 1 in 2006 and the rest is history, until now.

Obviously, the severity of the injury will determine which immediate direction the Saints will turn going forward.

Do the Saints wait out Brees and leave him off short-term injured reserve, much less season-ending IR? Do the Saints turn to Luke McCown or Garrett Grayson? Severity also plays a role in this decision, and McCown seems like the Saints' choice.

Brees also admitted his throwing shoulder bothered him during last season following Sunday's loss. Throw another injury on top of last year's ailment and you can understand Brees' downtrodden demeanor during his postgame press conference.

It also lends the question as to whether Brees can ever fully recover from this set of injuries to his moneymaker to a form that made him a Super Bowl MVP and future Hall of Famer. The answer is probably no.

This adds about seven new, unexpected layers to the crossroad season of 2015 for the Saints.

Depressed yet, Saints fans?

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

current power rankings...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-nfl-power-rankings--cowboys--steelers-need-to-survive-010617266.html

bears are dead last in the nfl.  going to the game this weekend.  should be interesting.  not sure who i'm going to root for yet.  :evil:

antelope19

14-15 hours of football today!!!!!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

runawayjimbo

Wow, this team is a fucking joke.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 04, 2015, 01:49:02 PM

Thankfully, the team we are playing is even more of a joke.

barnesy305

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 04, 2015, 03:22:59 PM

Scoreboard.

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 04, 2015, 04:37:46 PM

Scoreboard.

To be fair, that was really a shot at both our shitty teams. At 0-2 in the division I would say our season is over (it is) but everyone is so bad I guess anything could happen.

And, to Chip Kelly, right here fuckface:

barnesy305

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 04, 2015, 08:41:36 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on October 04, 2015, 04:37:46 PM

Scoreboard.

To be fair, that was really a shot at both our shitty teams. At 0-2 in the division I would say our season is over (it is) but everyone is so bad I guess anything could happen.

And, to Chip Kelly, right here fuckface:

We are both really fucked, I will agree.

phil

If you think the skins are bad in real life, that's nothing. I started both Alfred Morris and Matt Jones in a fantasy league I'm in with some friends from high school  :shakehead:
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

sls.stormyrider

For a moment, I thought the Giants were gonna blow another one in the 4th.
Rashad Jennings made an amazing play.

Thankfully, the Giants are in the NFC East
Anything is possible
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: slslbs on October 05, 2015, 08:41:54 PM
For a moment, I thought the Giants were gonna blow another one in the 4th.

deja vu all over again

great ending!
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

pcr3

http://deadspin.com/fight-in-cowboys-parking-lot-ends-in-shooting-victim-f-1735992124

Stay classy, Dallas.

Hardy came out guns-blazing, but the Pats did enough to make it look easy. Cannot wait to see how many TB12 drops on the Colts. Big time F U game coming next week.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

emay

Pats pulled off a good win last night, WTF was that weird 4th down play the colts tried to pull in the 3rd-4th quarter?? I dont think he was expecting him to actually snap him the ball and maybe try and draw them offsides but that back fired.
Ravens continue to be disappointing

Lifeboy

so did anyone see that crazy call in the endzone during the Lions v Bears game? How was that a TD? Even Golden Tate looked surprised when they ruled it a TD and just kinda went with it.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke: