News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-07-01 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, July 01, 2016, 11:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

PHiSH
07-01-2016
Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Saratoga Springs, NY

Set I:  Stealing Time from the Faulty Plan, The Birds > NICU, Cities, David Bowie, Free, Uncle Pen, Halfway to the Moon, Let's Go*, Waiting All Night > Bathtub Gin > Golgi Apparatus, Squirming Coil

Set II:  Sand > Carini > Chalk Dust Torture# > Prince Caspian > Bug, Shine a Light, My Sweet One > Sleeping Money^ > 2001 > Fire

E:  Character Zero

*New song, first time played

#Trey on Marimba Luna and Mike on piano during jam

^ My Sweet One/Say My Name lyrics in the intro
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

tet

Everyone is going to be talking about the CDT, but do not skip that Carini... 

Overall, just  :clap: :clap: :clap: - what a show!!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Bobafett on July 01, 2016, 11:51:04 PM
First jams of the tour.   :banana:

FYP
Can't wait to relisten to that, but for now it's crash time. have a good one folks.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

GBL

Sand, Carini and CDT were all hot

CDT was some next level shit, can't wait to relisten..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Bobafett

I tuned in during last half of cdt driving home from work and didn't know wtf it was for 4-5 minutes. 
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

anthrax

mattstick

pcr3

That was awesome. So much flow to these ears. Though I wasn't there, that was the best I've seen in a while, specifically the second set.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on July 02, 2016, 12:00:43 AM
Camden 99 Chalkdust jam!

Truth. That essence was looming.

CDT was easily the best jam of the tour so far. Carini was no sloucher either!

My Sweet One Drum Solo!!!!!
Bring in the dude!

Marmar

Fun time.

Set 1 was good. Seemed like trey was a lil low in the mix...

Set 2.....holy shit....just holy shit.....that was a hot set....couple times it felt like it was gonna fall apart, but then it just wound up and took ya for another ride....

My name is marmar, I am high as fuck....and I approve this show.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

zimbra

Quote from: Marmar on July 02, 2016, 02:25:03 AM

My name is marmar, I am high as fuck....and I approve this show.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Marmar

Ok...now that im a lil sobered up...

Wow. Ok. Set 1 was pretty decent. The energy was there, and you could kinda feel that it was just gonna burst qt some point. The Bowie was good, rather tame, but good. The Free was on point, Uncle Pen was fun. The new tune was cool....got into a discussion with Superfreakie about songs with "broadway" choruses. Now the Gin....that was a decent Gin. First point in the night it hit me that IT might happen....

Set 2....Sand. They locked that groove and it was on....the ripcord hit, then.....Carini! That Carini jam was hot...IT was coming out to play...then it felt like it was falling apart and CHALKDUST. Now, the CDT left me standing there in disbelief. Definitely went to some crazy places....the notes Mike hit were insane...back in section 11 you could feel the air rush past when the bomb dropped...at that point the drugs were too strong.... the rest of the set was a blur....but holy shit that opening trio is why I still love this band.

Can't wait for tonight!
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

cactusfan

well of course i was not there to see it... just listened to Carini and CDT late last night... Carini is great. really wicked, dark playing by Trey in the first half of the jam, reminds me of the back half of the Susie jam from 12/28/03. i love the minutes long CDT teases, was hoping for a silky smooth segue ala the one out of Sneakin Sally from vegas '98, only then Trey just slams into it. oh well.

as for the Chalkdust... maybe i had to be there, because i found it deeply boring. i'm glad they're actually willing to jam this tour, but i hope it gets more inspired and deeper than this. i feel like i was in the exact state of a baked mind to enjoy this on my headphones, but i was ready to skip to another song two thirds of the way through.

WhatstheUse?

Probably the best played Uncle Penn of 3.0? Seems like they've butchered that one in recent years.

Sure, it was also possibly the slowest version ever, but I'll take it! Love that tune.
Bring in the dude!