News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Presidential General Election

Started by VDB, September 26, 2016, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Quote from: PGLHAH on November 08, 2016, 08:58:48 AM
In Texas, at least, early voting is the best. The early voting locations generally have short lines and dozens of voting machines. Local polling on election days can be brutal... even in off years and primaries... I waited almost an hour to vote for Bernie in the Texas Primary.
this is the first year we had early voting, which I did.  my town had 2 nights with hours until 9 pm and Saturday and sunday hours.
I've never had to wait for longer than a half hour, but it was nice to walk in and out quickly.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

sls.stormyrider

Got in late last night so went to work late.  Got to the polling place around 8:30, right in.
i'm sure early voting helped too
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

Voted yesterday afternoon at my little town hall. Today the gymnasium upstairs will be the usual (very civilized) Election Day zoo.

My old man voted like 3 weeks ago. Early voting's the best.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

It blows my mind that in the year 2016 the majority of our citizens have to go wait in line at a polling location to vote. 

I filled my ballot out at home last night and then dropped it off in a collection box this morning after taking my daughter to school. 

Oregon ftw. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

This election isn't going to go away quietly.
By biggest fear, other than a Trump victory (possible but unlikely) is that he won't accept the results and cause all kinds of problems that will make 2000 look like childs play.
QuoteTrump files Nevada voting lawsuit
In a sign that the legal team for the Trump campaign is aggressively laying the groundwork for potential legal challenges -- big and small -- lawyers have gone to state court in Nevada in an early vote dispute.

In legal briefs filed last night, Trump lawyers are asking for relief in case "the election of presidential electors from the State of Nevada is contested."

They are suing Joe P. Gloria, the Clark County registrar of voters, over a decision they allege he made to keep polling locations open "two hours beyond the designated closing time." The lawsuit targets polling places in the greater Las Vegas area that have larger minority voting precincts.

Dan Kulin, a spokesperson for the county, told CNN that no early voting stations extended their closing times. They did, however, process voters who were in line at closing time to allow as many people to vote as possible.

Trump lawyers are asking for an order to have the pertinent early vote ballots not to be "co-mingled or interspersed" with other ballots.

"From the polling, it appears that Nevada is so close that the Trump campaign thinks it's worth challenging any violation in voting protocol. The numbers that came in could represent several thousand people across the four precincts, which could determine who wins the electoral college vote or change the Senate race," said Robert Lang of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. He said the Trump campaign is "smart to put a marker down for a future challenge, considering what happened in 2000 in Florida. "
November 8, 2016 9:46am
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

DoW

Quote from: slslbs on November 08, 2016, 01:01:47 PM
This election isn't going to go away quietly.
By biggest fear, other than a Trump victory (possible but unlikely) is that he won't accept the results and cause all kinds of problems that will make 2000 look like childs play.
QuoteTrump files Nevada voting lawsuit
In a sign that the legal team for the Trump campaign is aggressively laying the groundwork for potential legal challenges -- big and small -- lawyers have gone to state court in Nevada in an early vote dispute.

In legal briefs filed last night, Trump lawyers are asking for relief in case "the election of presidential electors from the State of Nevada is contested."

They are suing Joe P. Gloria, the Clark County registrar of voters, over a decision they allege he made to keep polling locations open "two hours beyond the designated closing time." The lawsuit targets polling places in the greater Las Vegas area that have larger minority voting precincts.

Dan Kulin, a spokesperson for the county, told CNN that no early voting stations extended their closing times. They did, however, process voters who were in line at closing time to allow as many people to vote as possible.

Trump lawyers are asking for an order to have the pertinent early vote ballots not to be "co-mingled or interspersed" with other ballots.

"From the polling, it appears that Nevada is so close that the Trump campaign thinks it's worth challenging any violation in voting protocol. The numbers that came in could represent several thousand people across the four precincts, which could determine who wins the electoral college vote or change the Senate race," said Robert Lang of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. He said the Trump campaign is "smart to put a marker down for a future challenge, considering what happened in 2000 in Florida. "
November 8, 2016 9:46am
I sort of see the protest as inevitable.  I'm not sure it will be worse than 2000 as I just don't see it getting to the Supreme Court.

I just wish I could hibernate for a few months and wake up when it is all over.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mbw

The GOP will contest the results if they lose, that is inevitable because they don't believe in democracy.

See also: current supreme court vacancy

gah

Quote from: mbw on November 08, 2016, 01:14:30 PM
The GOP will contest the results if they lose, that is inevitable because they don't believe in democracy.

democracy is over-rated.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mattstick

Trump is going to use Republican $$ to de-legitimize Hillary's win through the courts, and attempt to take advantage of the Supreme Court vacancy.

It's honestly going to be the worst.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

TRUTH.

sucks.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sunrisevt

Quote from: gah on November 08, 2016, 02:29:57 PM

democracy is over-rated.

I'm available for the position of benevolent despot, if anyone's interested.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VA $l!m

democracy is over-rated.
werd
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

gah

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 08, 2016, 04:09:22 PM

democracy is over-rated.

I'm available for the position of benevolent despot, if anyone's interested.

Seats taken.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

http://www.avclub.com/article/donald-trump-says-hes-bigger-jay-z-really-no-bigge-245593

Donald Trump says he's bigger than Jay Z, is really no bigger than Phish

Not that Donald Trump has ever held much regard for such unbigly concepts as "facts" and "video evidence," but Politifact caught America's most overripe jack-o'-lantern in an especially egregious—at least to music lovers—prevarication at his closing-night rally in Raleigh, North Carolina last night. Shamelessly walking back yet another of his statements, one day after claiming to object to the "lewd language" in Jay Z's lyrics, Trump said: "Beyonce and Jay Z, I like them, I like them," before revealing the true nature of his resentment: "I get bigger crowds than they do," he added. "It's true. I get far bigger crowds."

According to data from Billboard, though, this isn't even remotely true. Jay Z and Beyonce's 2014 "On The Run" tour drew an average of 45,700 people per date, and Beyonce's solo "Formation" tour earlier this year drew an average of 45,423 per night. By Trump's own estimate, three of his biggest rallies, in Oklahoma, Dallas, and Mobile, Alabama, drew an average of 27,000 people. That's a similar draw to Phish on its most recent tour, according to Politifact. And, it should be noted, people pay to see Phish.

To be entirely fair to Trump, the rallies did draw more than last week's pro-Clinton Jay Z concert in Cleveland, which drew about 10,000 people.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul