News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-12-30 Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Started by Gundo, December 30, 2016, 11:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundo

2016-12-30
Madison Square Garden

Set 1:
Carolina, Blaze On, Moma, Gumbo, Cities, Old Home Place, Bathtub Gin, Things People Do, My Friend1, Wilson, Sugar Shack, You Enjoy Myself

Set 2:
Tweezer>Sparks, Ghost2, Light > Party Time > Light/Party Time Jam3, Velvet Cheese, Rocky Top

E:
Rock n' Roll, Tweeprise4

1- Unfinished?
2- "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" (Smashing Pumpkins) tease
3- Johnny B. Goode tease
4- Your Trip is Short and Kung shenanigans

Buffalo Budd

Missed the first but the 2nd and encore had me busting a move.
I love these guys.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

WhatstheUse?

Holy hell that show blew me away. Especially that second set. Everything had the heat. Tweezer Ghost and Light delivered so hard and that Party Time jam was bonkers. What happened there? That wasn't exactly party time, right? Fishman was playing a different groove or something. Whatever it was... it was awesome. And trey sounded so good tonight, fuck they all sounded good. All three of those big jams had some serious hose extends peakage.

This band is just the best. Tomorrow is gonna blow the roof off the motha'
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Even that Wading was perfectly placed, imo, and beautifully played  Then Rocky Top set closer? Puhleaxe!

Don't skip on that sugar shack jam. Song was kind sloppy per usual but I swear that was the coolest jam/outro they've ever done with that tune.

Always a treat to get a first set YEM. Was that the first since Lock'n? I did feel like there was some serious awkwardness during trey's solo at the end. He just wanted to rage loud and fast but fishman and Mike were holding back and trey seemed visually frustrated with then. Then he seemed almost upset during the bass/drum groove, totally standing still whereas he usually is all psyched and dancing around -- am I crazy here or did anyone else get that vibe?
Bring in the dude!

ytowndan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 31, 2016, 05:10:19 AM
Even that Wading was perfectly placed, imo, and beautifully played  Then Rocky Top set closer? Puhleaxe!

Don't skip on that sugar shack jam. Song was kind sloppy per usual but I swear that was the coolest jam/outro they've ever done with that tune.

Always a treat to get a first set YEM. Was that the first since Lock'n? I did feel like there was some serious awkwardness during trey's solo at the end. He just wanted to rage loud and fast but fishman and Mike were holding back and trey seemed visually frustrated with then. Then he seemed almost upset during the bass/drum groove, totally standing still whereas he usually is all psyched and dancing around -- am I crazy here or did anyone else get that vibe?

I was thinking the same thing last night, it was very noticeable on the stream.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mbw

jasonsobel

Always a treat to get a first set YEM. Was that the first since Lock'n?

Yes, it was the first YEM since Lock'n, a 20 show gap.  That was the largest gap for YEM in the entire history of Phish.
sing me back home before I die

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 31, 2016, 04:56:42 AM
Holy hell that show blew me away. Especially that second set. Everything had the heat. Tweezer Ghost and Light delivered so hard and that Party Time jam was bonkers. What happened there? That wasn't exactly party time, right? Fishman was playing a different groove or something. Whatever it was... it was awesome. And trey sounded so good tonight, fuck they all sounded good. All three of those big jams had some serious hose extends peakage.

This band is just the best. Tomorrow is gonna blow the roof off the motha'

Quote from: mbw on December 31, 2016, 08:17:46 AM
Look out, scott is fluffing wading!

Two posts and he didn't even mention Sparks?
What a n00b.

anthrax

there's quite a discussion going on between timer and the phish.net people on what to do with these "song jams" they've been doing...the 12/28 tweezer reprise, the 12/29 kung, and last night's party time.  if you ask me, that was a Party Time and should be labeled as such on setlists.

rowjimmy

Quote from: anthrax on December 31, 2016, 10:41:55 AM
there's quite a discussion going on between timer and the phish.net people on what to do with these "song jams" they've been doing...the 12/28 tweezer reprise, the 12/29 kung, and last night's party time.  if you ask me, that was a Party Time and should be labeled as such on setlists.

They're pulling their beards out.
IMO, it's definitely Tweezer Reprise (with Martian Monster lyrics), 20 Years Later > Kung (chanted over 20 Years Later Outro)
Haven't gotten to Party Time yet.

Caravan2001

Amazing show!  I was blown away.  The floor was rocking and we had plenty of space.  Def a heater of a show and I can't wait to hear it again.  Might even buy the LP app lol since I am not near a PC.  I was pretty lit, but why would anyone not say that was Party Time?  And the way they slid into it was a thing of beauty. And I am always chasing Sparks.  I last saw it at the S show and before that (first time) it was in like 93, so yeah, 3 times in 360 shows is not a lot. Love that shit.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 31, 2016, 11:11:57 AM
Amazing show!  I was blown away.  The floor was rocking and we had plenty of space.  Def a heater of a show and I can't wait to hear it again.  Might even buy the LP app lol since I am not near a PC.  I was pretty lit, but why would anyone not say that was Party Time?  And the way they slid into it was a thing of beauty. And I am always chasing Sparks.  I last saw it at the S show and before that (first time) it was in like 93, so yeah, 3 times in 360 shows is not a lot. Love that shit.

Sparks is literally the only song I'm left chasing... and I continue to chase. The only one I care about.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Terrific jamming in that second set. Trey's been getting sharper each show.
Is this still Wombat?