News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

7/26/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by PIE-GUY, July 26, 2017, 08:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Marmar

I do notice the cameras are FAR more steady tonight...and the mics arent bouncing as bad.....

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Marmar

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

pcr3

So they're totally reaching deep into the songbook on this run. Is it just a foregone conclusion at this point that they are not repeating anything during Baker's Dozen, aside from the reprises? Especially considering their renewed penchant for jamming that is increasing in frequency?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

Marmar

Ok so...i dont get the theme for the night....dont see how powdered donuts fit into this equation at all...

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

Quote from: pcr3 on July 26, 2017, 10:28:44 PM
So they're totally reaching deep into the songbook on this run. Is it just a foregone conclusion at this point that they are not repeating anything during Baker's Dozen, aside from the reprises? Especially considering their renewed penchant for jamming that is increasing in frequency?

Yeah, I think at this point it's safe to assume they're counting it as one run and won't repeat.

mbw

ytowndan

Quote from: Marmar on July 26, 2017, 10:29:56 PM
Ok so...i dont get the theme for the night....dont see how powdered donuts fit into this equation at all...

My guess is the "traditional" part of traditional powdered donuts is key.  Songy first set, jammed second set.

Marmar

gainesvillegreen

Like how they are searching lately, can't say I am doing cartwheels over everything past 10 minutes during this tour but I do appreciate the effort after getting very little of it lately.

Also, if they are going to do Trey songs, which I have no problem with, I'd like to see them do Alive Again.

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

pcr3

Wow  :banana: :banana: :banana:

mbw