News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Trump White House: Adventures in Communications

Started by VDB, July 27, 2017, 06:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Quote from: Hicks on August 23, 2017, 06:07:22 PM
Quote from: ph92 on August 23, 2017, 01:40:44 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 22, 2017, 05:58:04 PM
Quote from: ph92 on August 22, 2017, 05:13:17 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 22, 2017, 03:01:22 PM
Heroin is a helluva drug. 
True. But we're not at war with China and India, but their fentnyl is everywhere.

Because we don't need to be, those countries rely on friendly trade relations with the US for their economic viability.

The Taliban was a bit less hospitable to not only the US, but also to opium and heroin production. 
I'm not well versed but my understanding is that they were using the opium trade to raise money?

The Taliban shut down all opium cultivation, as well as they could at least, because it's forbidden by Islamic law.

I'm sure you already know, but the big driver of the heroin epidemic is the feds cracking down on oxycontin. However, Afghanistan opening shop back up is definitely another piece of the puzzle. And since we are at "war" with them the CIA is once again right in the middle of all the action. 
That I did not know.. here I thought through all this propaganda that they were selling it to find themselves and weaken people in the states.

But yeah i am very familiar of that crackdown and the subsequent turn to dope.  I guess that kind of stuff will always be a problem. Now everyone is just turning to synthetic opiates cause, just like dope, they're cheaper and stronger. But I guess with all our trade with China and India, I don't see that shit slowing down anytime soon
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Hicks

Quote from: ph92 on August 23, 2017, 07:48:40 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 23, 2017, 06:07:22 PM
Quote from: ph92 on August 23, 2017, 01:40:44 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 22, 2017, 05:58:04 PM
Quote from: ph92 on August 22, 2017, 05:13:17 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 22, 2017, 03:01:22 PM
Heroin is a helluva drug. 
True. But we're not at war with China and India, but their fentnyl is everywhere.

Because we don't need to be, those countries rely on friendly trade relations with the US for their economic viability.

The Taliban was a bit less hospitable to not only the US, but also to opium and heroin production. 
I'm not well versed but my understanding is that they were using the opium trade to raise money?

The Taliban shut down all opium cultivation, as well as they could at least, because it's forbidden by Islamic law.

I'm sure you already know, but the big driver of the heroin epidemic is the feds cracking down on oxycontin. However, Afghanistan opening shop back up is definitely another piece of the puzzle. And since we are at "war" with them the CIA is once again right in the middle of all the action. 
That I did not know.. here I thought through all this propaganda that they were selling it to find themselves and weaken people in the states.

But yeah i am very familiar of that crackdown and the subsequent turn to dope.  I guess that kind of stuff will always be a problem. Now everyone is just turning to synthetic opiates cause, just like dope, they're cheaper and stronger. But I guess with all our trade with China and India, I don't see that shit slowing down anytime soon

Ain't nobody gonna stop 'merica from 'mericaing. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ytowndan

It's like he's actually trying to tear this country apart.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

pcr3

Quote from: ytowndan on August 25, 2017, 10:41:48 PM

He has moved past trying at this point.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mattstick

If Trump took an oath to uphold the constitution, how can he - from a legal perspective - pardon someone who is charged with violating the constitution?

birdman

Quote from: mattstick on August 26, 2017, 10:35:17 AM

If Trump took an oath to uphold the constitution, how can he - from a legal perspective - pardon someone who is charged with violating the constitution?
logic went out the window months ago
Paug FTMFW!

VDB

The presidential pardon seems to – forgive me – trump everything else.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Seriously. Especially after the "he's gonna be just fine" quote last week, I figured (like most others I read) he was gonna let it stand and allow the guy to spend the rest of his miserable days in a country club. But then, out of nowhere, he actually does it. It's like he saw the pushback as a fucking dare. What a goddamned child.

Fuck both those guys, hard.

Quote from: mattstick on August 26, 2017, 10:35:17 AM

Executive discretion vis a vis pardons is extremely broad. Good read on it >>>
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/26/us/politics/trump-pardon-joe-arpaio-constitution.html

ETA:  this Phoenix New Times thread has been all over, but here it is if you haven't seen it. A thoroughly disgusting account of an absolutely despicable human being.
https://twitter.com/phoenixnewtimes/status/901263384087334914
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 26, 2017, 02:25:17 PM

Seriously. Especially after the "he's gonna be just fine" quote last week, I figured (like most others I read) he was gonna let it stand and allow the guy to spend the rest of his miserable days in a country club. But then, out of nowhere, he actually does it.

I fear you still don't get it.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mbw on August 26, 2017, 02:29:58 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 26, 2017, 02:25:17 PM

Seriously. Especially after the "he's gonna be just fine" quote last week, I figured (like most others I read) he was gonna let it stand and allow the guy to spend the rest of his miserable days in a country club. But then, out of nowhere, he actually does it.

I fear you still don't get it.

What's that?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mattstick

I don't know how anyone can function in the US right now. I'm beside myself with frustration over this idiot in charge and I don't even live there.

The worst part is I don't know if he would even lose in 2020.

ytowndan

Quote from: mattstick on August 26, 2017, 06:52:05 PM
I don't know how anyone can function in the US right now. I'm beside myself with frustration over this idiot in charge and I don't even live there.

He will definitely win again if the Dems run another unlikable neoliberal.

Hicks

Quote from: ytowndan on August 26, 2017, 08:17:29 PM

Franken needs to report for duty.

Then it should be a slam dunk.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on August 26, 2017, 08:43:49 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on August 26, 2017, 08:17:29 PM

Franken needs to report for duty.

Then it should be a slam dunk.

Hell yeah. 

He's good enough, he's smart enough... and, gosh darn it, people like him!