News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Curveball - 08/17-19/18 Watkins Glen

Started by runawayjimbo, February 26, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

We got pulled over last night in Toledo, 3 blocks from our hotel, at about 3:00am.  The cop who pulled us over said our tail lights were out/off.  Mind you, we're driving a 2018 Expedition rental.

After he came back a second time, he asked us if he could search our car.  We asked him why that was necessary, then 2 more squad cars pull up.

5 minutes later, there is a K9 sniffing around our car.  After that, the driver of the car and front seat passenger are asked to step out of the car and are hand-cuffed, me and the other 2 people in the back step out, get patted down and have to stand behind the car with our hands behind our backs.

That's when Tait, who you all know, tells the original officer that he has a small amount of Marijuana in his bag.  Cop pulls his bag out, searches it, and takes the weed.

They then put all 5 us in the back of 3 squads, so the officers can go through everything in the back.  Obviously, at this point my feelings are that this is not going to end well at all.  I knew my friend had at least 5g of blow, a quarter of weed (vacuumed), and another passenger had over 10 pills of E.

10 minutes later, cop comes and says we can exit the squad car, and I see my friend finishing putting a couple bags back into the rear of the car.

Long story short, we got a ticket for our rear lights being off, Tait didn't get a ticket for the weed because the cop said he was honest.  Got to the hotel and hour later than expected and maybe lost a year or two of my life via stress, but we are currently getting the fuck out of OH asap.

See you fuckers later tonight.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Buffalo Budd

Holy shit GBL, that would be harrowing.
Glad it all turned out ok.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Thrillhouse

HOLY SMOKES GBL! Wonder what would have happened if Tait didnt say he had some pot on him.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

mbw

ytowndan

Scary shit.  Glad you guys got out of it relatively easy. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Bobafett

Holy fuck!  Thank goodness y'all are gonna have time  to blow off some steam this weekend.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Hicks

Dang, you got lucky, time to celebrate!   :beers:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

tet

fuck, scary shit - good vibes ahead only!!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mehead

Duuuuuuude. Ended better than it could have.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on August 16, 2018, 12:42:23 PM
Dang, you got lucky, time to celebrate!   :beers:
No DOubt.
Rage that shit ASAP.

Keep safe duder.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Gumbo72203

Gonna be getting in tomorrow evening just before dinner time, because kids and camps!  Hopefully we can all meet up at some point. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Caravan2001

Almost there. It's been slow going in the RV. Been traveling for like 15 hours but less than an hour away. I heard my campground has its own beer tent. Hitting thag first.

Close call GBL. Glad it turned out Ok. You should all go buy lottery tickets.

Marmar

hey guys gals....

there is a shortage of potable water....

keep that in mind, it's all being diverted to town because of the state of emergency in the area
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

anthrax