News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018 Fall Tour

Started by emay, May 15, 2018, 02:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

yeah...  this is my fav. tour of 3.0 hands down.
theres just something that finally sounds 'correct' to me between fish, trey and connecting to the rest of the guys.
not to be weird, but some guy in the comments for this vid. says "trey's back on the dope"... I dunno if i can say that, -in fact i'd wager against it, but there is def. something  that finally sounds 'normal' to me that i havent heard since 2.0.
Only thing i can really pin down is that fish's energy is better to my ears and i've alwasy thought he was the root that fed trey, that feeds the whole connection for the rest of the band.

Regardless of the reason, and honestly dude looks healthy enough, i'm just loving how they sound right now.
09/10 were fun to be back going to shows, but this is def. the first tour that i've been sitting at home wishing i was in the room  just for the music.
:phish:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

I always believe Some Guy in Comments.
Almost as reliable as Gas Station Guy.
They know what's up.

VA $l!m

Quote from: mbw on October 27, 2018, 11:12:19 AM
They know what's up.
heh, yeah, the point i was trying to make though was that i'm not the only one hearing something 'different'  and more 2.0-y this tour. thats all.  :-D

mistercharlie

They know what's up.

Dude, what if Gas Station Guy IS Some Guy in Comments?!?  :smoke:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 27, 2018, 11:17:04 AM
They know what's up.

Dude, what if Gas Station Guy IS Some Guy in Comments?!?  :smoke:

WhatstheUse?

Long Live Gas Station Guy.  :rawk:
Bring in the dude!

aphineday

I agree with Slim on the playing though for sure. This is a different band. They have something cooking every night. I really enjoyed Frost last night, because they led it there naturally, and didn't just shit out a Caspian for the sake of a ballad.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

Quote from: aphineday on October 27, 2018, 12:26:59 PM
I agree with Slim on the playing though for sure. This is a different band. They have something cooking every night. I really enjoyed Frost last night, because they led it there naturally, and didn't just shit out a Caspian for the sake of a ballad.
yes, "Naturally" is what i'm talking about,
there is just something relaxed and confident about how they are interacting that i personally havent heard in ages.
all of 3.0 there have been times of great energy, but right now everything just feels "natural" and unfettered  to me for once.
8-)

gah

the paug has turned into a bunch of fluffers!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VA $l!m

Quote from: gah on October 27, 2018, 12:39:57 PM
you'll ahve to forgive mea little, i don't get to actually go to shows anymore and get that post show glow where every show was the best ever.
When you only get to listen to it from home for so many years you actually just base your opinion on the music without all the buzz from teh atmosphere, and being completely honest i havent enjoyed alot of how theyve sounded for 3.0, but this tour i'm all in.

VA $l!m

BTW someone's gonna have to make me a mix or something after this tour ends since i cant actually dl full shows.

mbw

I loved Frost too cause I had to take a mean piss and the pretzel line was long.

gah

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 27, 2018, 12:44:40 PM
you'll ahve to forgive mea little, i don't get to actually go to shows anymore and get that post show glow where every show was the best ever.
When you only get to listen to it from home for so many years you actually just base your opinion on the music without all the buzz from teh atmosphere, and being completely honest i havent enjoyed alot of how theyve sounded for 3.0, but this tour i'm all in.

HA! Dude, I was just joking. I'm digging all the love for what they're doing. For me that turning point happened with the Bakers Dozen run, and it's been all good since. I'm just glad everyone is having a good time, and we have this place of joy and solace in our little Phish universe in what is an otherwise dark state of affairs in the "real" world currently.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VA $l!m

Quote from: gah on October 27, 2018, 01:59:21 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 27, 2018, 12:44:40 PM

HA! Dude, I was just joking. I'm digging all the love for what they're doing. For me that turning point happened with the Bakers Dozen run, and it's been all good since. I'm just glad everyone is having a good time, and we have this place of joy and solace in our little Phish universe in what is an otherwise dark state of affairs in the "real" world currently.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
so true!  and agreed BAkers Dozen was definitely a turning point.
Ever since then i've been catching more and more glimpses of what im hoping to hear, and this tour finally i'm gettin it on a nightly basis.
:phish: