News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

6-25-2019 Bangor, ME Post show discussion

Started by birdman, June 26, 2019, 09:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

Set I: 46 Days, Back on the Train, Ass Handed*, Bathtub Gin, Waves > Mike's Song > Water in the Sky > Limb by Limb > Weekapaug Groove, Julius

Set II: Down with Disease > Play by Play > Simple > Piper > Miss You, Llama, Meatstick > Rise/Come Together > Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Loving Cup
Paug FTMFW!

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

birdman

So did phish play last night? Wouldn't know it if I was checking this site :wtu:

Wet and sticky last night. Free tickets on the ground. We were miracled pit tickets on the way into the show, I'll take the free upgrade any day. The pit was huge at this venue, not a bad sight line anywhere down where we were.

Nothing mind blowing from this show. 1st set Mikes song is always interesting. Limb x limb was easily the highlight of the first set. The rain began to fall heavily in the second set.  The Dwd and simple went some great places. Piper had a brief but solid jam.   the rest of the set was sort of  :tte:

Great to see Buffalo Budd. He had a great crew with him, bunch of first timers. Can't wait to hear what they thought of last night. 
Always fun hanging with Sunrise and PCR.
Ready for round 2 tonight.
Paug FTMFW!

Caravan2001

Quote from: birdman on June 26, 2019, 09:57:51 AM
So did phish play last night? Wouldn't know it if I was checking this site :wtu:

Wet and sticky last night. Free tickets on the ground. We were miracled pit tickets on the way into the show, I'll take the free upgrade any day. The pit was huge at this venue, not a bad sight line anywhere down where we were.

Nothing mind blowing from this show. 1st set Mikes song is always interesting. Limb x limb was easily the highlight of the first set. The rain began to fall heavily in the second set.  The Dwd and simple went some great places. Piper had a brief but solid jam.   the rest of the set was sort of  :tte:

Great to see Buffalo Budd. He had a great crew with him, bunch of first timers. Can't wait to hear what they thought of last night. 
Always fun hanging with Sunrise and PCR.
Ready for round 2 tonight.
I agree.  I stream most of it and Limb x Limb was awesome as was the end of the first set from Mike's on.  Pretty solid.  I missed all of Disease and half of Simple, still yet to hear them but guessing they were the heavy hitters.  Piper Miss You  Llama was pretty good but the set sort of ran out of steam for me at that point.  Not terrible, no big train wrecks  but not to the heights earlier shows this tour.  I would have been kind of bummed if I was on this tour and they closed the second set with another Slave.  I know people say they can't get enough of it, but I can.  It would have more punch if they didn't play it every 3rd show.

PIE-GUY

Rain and cold can damper things a bit, I'm sure. It has to feel to them like "let's get through this" as opposed to "all pistons firing" at a comfortable shed like MPP.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Quote from: birdman on June 26, 2019, 09:46:46 AM
Set I: 46 Days, Back on the Train, Ass Handed*, Bathtub Gin, Waves > Mike's Song > Water in the Sky > Limb by Limb > Weekapaug Groove, Julius

Set II: Down with Disease > Play by Play > Simple > Piper > Miss You, Llama, Meatstick > Rise/Come Together > Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Loving Cup

*But what the hell happened during Ass Handed??  :crazy:

birdman

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 26, 2019, 10:21:17 AM
Rain and cold can damper things a bit, I'm sure. It has to feel to them like "let's get through this" as opposed to "all pistons firing" at a comfortable shed like MPP.
I will say that the hard 1030 curfew was kind of interesting. The old man in me was like "hell, yeah", the kiiid in me was like  "wtf". And Bangor does NOT have much going on on a Tuesday evening. I went straight back to our overpriced dive hotel for some dry clothes and a cold beer.
Paug FTMFW!

susep

Had a great time taking my 11 year old to his first Phish show.  We only stayed for the first set, one of the better first sets I've seen in awhile.  Gin was solid w/ some exploration before the outro.  Chunky and funky.  My son loved watching the crowd, whispering into my ear, "Dad look at that woman directly behind you."  Dogs was solid w/ a little extra mustard.  Limb was indeed a top shelf version.  I love Fishman's drums when the song opens.  We were grooving and moving and realized, holy shit they are turning this thing inside out.  I thought for sure 'paug would end it but a high octane Julius was the icing.  Jubilant crowd all around. 

jam>

aphineday

That DWD > Play by Play > Simple is a smoke show.
Really liked it for the lack of hype I've heard!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Buffalo Budd

Really fun first set, especially Gin through to the end. DwD was killer and I was losing it when the Llama fired up.
Far and away the better of the 2 shows.
It was great hanging with BM and the Mrs as well as pcr, sunrise and BM's bro pre show. I know it's been said before but such an awesome group of people on this board. Until next time, hope it comes sooner than 5 years this time.
Sorry I missed mehead and susep, hope to make it work next time.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 28, 2019, 07:28:18 AM
Really fun first set, especially Gin through to the end. DwD was killer and I was losing it when the Llama fired up.
Far and away the better of the 2 shows.
It was great hanging with BM and the Mrs as well as pcr, sunrise and BM's bro pre show. I know it's been said before but such an awesome group of people on this board. Until next time, hope it comes sooner than 5 years this time.
Sorry I missed mehead and susep, hope to make it work next time.

Yeah, my day plans didn't exactly happen the way I wanted. Long story short, I had some family things come up right before I flew up and that chewed up a lot of my free time while I was up there. I missed quite a few people that I was hoping to hit up
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

pcr3

I had a great time at this one, even if it kind of never really got going.  The rain and kinda cold weather certainly put a damper on the energy, but what can you do.

Also, this venue kinda really sucks balls.  Second night sunrise and I were able to sneak into the pit (though he could not sneak back in after a bathroom break), and the pit was roomy with good sightlines.  However, the "seats" were shitty foldup chairs ziptied together and open.  So, you couldn't flip the seat up or move them at all, which made the rows tight and just shitty.

All that being said, I'm glad I made the long drive up for these shows and there's no place I'd rather be.  Such a great crew and so much fun to be had.  Also glad we found Budd on the second night.  Sorry we missed you mehead.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Caravan2001

Finally got around to the Simple last night. For some reason I had heard the whole show and not this.  Welp, it's super good.  Trey's playing is so patient.  It might be my highlight of the whole Bangor run.

emay

yeah def felt the first night was the best of the two musically.
Always love a llama too.